[3.2] Indigon Scorching Ray Totem - All Content Viable - Uber Elder down

It shouldn't matter much at all in theory. As long as you never cap your mana, you're never wasting potential dps. Higher mana costs do mean that you spend them in spikey intervals, but it also makes it easier to maintain the buff on hectic fights like Uber Elder or Hydra.

I've not played with any value other than my 55% roll. The difference between a 50% and a 60% indigon at 100 stacks is about 20%. I'm square in the middle at the 10% mark, and I can't imagine moving a bit more in either direction would hinder my play much. There is a point at which, in theory, you could get the mana cost of your spender higher than your total mana pool. That would be a very bad thing, but I'm not sure it's practically possible.

If you decide to use a skill that isn't SR, the mana cost % might become an issue. Other skills will have a massively higher mana cost than SR, so you'll be maintaining your buff just from placing totems. You don't want the mana cost too high in this case, as you might not be able to place totems frequently enough to map efficiently.

And, as an aside, fevereds have relatively little impact on your mana costs outside of the amount of time it takes to ramp up initially. Taking a 100 stack indigon buff with 55% mana cost is 56x mana cost increased mana cost. 3 Fevereds increase that mana cost by about 5%.
Last edited by nasirabtw on Apr 13, 2018, 1:06:44 PM
I have a noob question to ask. In your videos you have 4 totems, which means you are using ancestral bond? So based on your previous post, the orb of storms in the vids can only proc EO?

Do you recommend a 3 totem set up with EE and EO for boss farming or 4 totem with AB and EO only?

Last edited by aCixx on Apr 14, 2018, 12:45:52 AM
Not the author but I will give my 2c as I played this setup before.

EE is huge as it is way better than flammability. EE gives -50 fire resist.

At 0 fire resist, it is 150/100 = 150% fire damage on the mob.

At 40% fire resist (which most bosses are at), it is 110/60 = 183% almost doubles your dps.

going from 3 totems to 4 totems is 33% dps increase. Taking EE for bosses is roughly 37% more damage compared to taking AB.

Of course life regen and mana regen will take a hit. Also if we take flammability into account, the difference will be a bit smaller.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
aCixx wrote:
I have a noob question to ask. In your videos you have 4 totems, which means you are using ancestral bond? So based on your previous post, the orb of storms in the vids can only proc EO?

Do you recommend a 3 totem set up with EE and EO for boss farming or 4 totem with AB and EO only?

3 totems is better for bossing. 4 totems is better for mapping. EE > 4th totem for dps output, and you have one less totem to worry about placing/dying. The 4th totem, however, is really nice to have for mapping to give you better coverage.
This is my 3rd season and my first that I got really lucky on drops and gear. So with the few exalts I had I went to invest in this build and I gotta say its really really fun!

I do run into some problems from time to time , mainly with keeping my totems alive during mapping. This is especially a problem when I get a breach or an abyss. I put down 3 totems and they are gone instantly. What am I doing wrong here?

Second, I see the EE node is important from your posts but since I always play bow-characters Ive never had to spec into this node before. Whats the best practise skill-rotation wise to make the most use of EE in this build?

Tnx in advance!
I've been enjoying this build thoroughly. Leveling with scorching Ray was rough initially till I got ancestral bond.

Do you recommend kaom's roots even for mapping? With the extra slots, I've been running a flame golem on cwdt for extra damage and honestly diversion from mobs hitting totems. Also running vaal haste just for kicks. It's like having double onslaught back to back.
Last edited by aCixx on Apr 16, 2018, 1:13:59 PM
So I re-speeced my crit frostbolt totem build in Beastiary...and I'm regretting it. I could only afford a 5L, but the rest of the build seems fairly intact. I have a 5L with almost entirely 20/20 gems, have similar gear as you, have ballpark total mana and similar mana regen as you. The DPS is just not there. I haven't tried guardians yet because I'm afraid of how poorly it would go. T13/T14/T15 bosses are taking awhile to kill, even though POB says my dps should be ~2.4 million.

Am I missing something? I'm not sure where I went wrong: https://pastebin.com/hxmMzizs
"
DrWafer wrote:
So I re-speeced my crit frostbolt totem build in Beastiary...and I'm regretting it. I could only afford a 5L, but the rest of the build seems fairly intact. I have a 5L with almost entirely 20/20 gems, have similar gear as you, have ballpark total mana and similar mana regen as you. The DPS is just not there. I haven't tried guardians yet because I'm afraid of how poorly it would go. T13/T14/T15 bosses are taking awhile to kill, even though POB says my dps should be ~2.4 million.

Am I missing something? I'm not sure where I went wrong: https://pastebin.com/hxmMzizs

Everything looks fine on paper, so the only thing I could think of is maybe you aren't dumping mana properly? There's not really a way to ask that without sounding patronizing <_<. I can't think of anything else that could be going wrong for you. For comparison here's my character doing a t14 map boss on a 4l:

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZoXc8ek35I[/url]

Preplace totems -> spam flammability until you oom -> charge in -> place orb -> keep spamming flammability

That's generally how most map bosses go.

-edit- I later noticed you only have one fevered, it probably takes you quite a bit to ramp your mana cost up to max. It may hinder your map clear a bit, but as long as you properly pre-spam flammability before a boss fight, it shouldn't hurt you much there.
Last edited by nasirabtw on Apr 17, 2018, 1:53:29 AM
"
aCixx wrote:
I've been enjoying this build thoroughly. Leveling with scorching Ray was rough initially till I got ancestral bond.

Do you recommend kaom's roots even for mapping? With the extra slots, I've been running a flame golem on cwdt for extra damage and honestly diversion from mobs hitting totems. Also running vaal haste just for kicks. It's like having double onslaught back to back.

Vaal Haste is certainly nice, particularly for a build with relatively low APM. Personally, I've been using kaom's roots the entire way. I hate being stunned more than basically anything else in PoE. The added defense of just never being able to be stunned while farming high red maps is big imo. That said, rare boots will give you much faster map clear.
Actually, I went to re-read your post on reddit and changed out the vaal haste for lightning trap to trigger EE when using AB. Seems to be a lot better actually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info