[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
Sunshrines wrote:
Hey Vash,

Thanks for the great build, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I wanted to ask you if you thought there was any role for an Inpulsa's in this build. I'm not terribly clear on how shock mechanics work in this game and if it's practical to use that with Starforge to shock end-game bosses or not. From what I'm reading, it seems like shock really applies more to trash mobs that I don't really need to shock anyway. I used to wear Haemophilia gloves while leveling, and I do miss the explosions as they improved clear speed and got rid of corpses much better than Death Walk does, so that would be another bonus from Inpulsa's.

For everyone else's reference, I did try getting onslaught from other sources, (eg. new Dance of the Offered boots, and Watcher's Eye Haste mod) to drop Raider and try out Assassin and Trickster (without Brutality support) but I ended up speccing to Raider. The increased crit and power charges were nice but ultimately not worth sacrificing the huge MORE from Brutality and the reliable Onslaught on bosses where there were no adds to kill (for Watcher's Eye).

I haven't done end-game content yet but so far I've felt the defense lacking far more than the offense but I'm also playing on a potato PC with frequent frame drops. To that end, I've found that the Watcher's Eye jewel with Chance to Blind with Grace and Chaos Resistance with Purity of Elements to be fantastic.

Hiya

Glad you are enjoying the build. Inpulsa does not have a place in the physical versions of this build at all. However, it possible might have a place in the new cyclone build I'm working on after I finish up redoing the guide for 3.3 changes and new information. Stay tuned.

You can always go for Acrobatics for more defense on the build and I have uploaded new passive trees to the build in the guide. Please check it out.
"
ktak wrote:
How do you cap your resists without any rare items? Jewels? I have full set except Starforge and have 76%/70%/36% resistances.

Where is lightning damage coming from and you can't do elemental damage because of maim and also Starforge :/

This post confuses me on so many levels haha.

See the F.A.Q. Section later today for all the ways to incorporate Resists into the build.

Lightning damage? Brutality doesn't allow for elemental, this is true. I do not even consider the shock of starforge in this build to be honest, however beneficial it may be.
"
Vendet27 wrote:
Hay
This build looks very jucy. I think its what im looking for as a noob. I want to do all content or atleast try it. I know that ther are some builds that are super tanky or builds that you place totems and run around until everything dies but thats not for me i want to have more fun i want to actualy be more involve but in same time being able to make mistakes. From what i read this build is something beatween a glass cannon "pro build" and tank/totem super noob friendly. I hope im right.

Well you are looking to start it at the right time. I'm COMPLETELY overhauling the guide for even more badass choices with the build and apparently shooting for the most in depth guide on poe forums haha.
First things first: Great write-up on the build. Apart from the giggles I had it was insightful and well written for veterans and beginners alike.

I have played this build from the start of the season and I'm still having a blast playing almost every single day for an hour or 2.

I have done some stuff different on the tree and I'm still experimenting as I'm moving along this league. I don't really like the latest tree you put up because for some reason POB tells me I end up with less DPS AND less life (and the 0,4% extra leech just isn't worth it). Seems like a bad trade :). But maybe I'm missing something.

I have done all content deathless except for uber elder (haven't spawned him yet either). The only thing left for me to do is double corrupting my big items... Which to be kind of honest is scaring the fucking hell out of me. I have a bunch of currency saved up but I just cannot seem to grow the balls to corrupt my Bronn's/Starforge. Mainly because both cost me a fortune to color correctly and 6 link after... Well that and the fact that this league has been far from nice to me drop-wise. Also the only thing that will really really really make a big difference is when you roll the high added phys damage AND increased aoe on Starforge. Which, let's be real is not going to happen...

Long story short:
This build is sweet. It leaves an insane amount of room for experimenting and dicking around in general without losing effectiveness. I'm having a blast and you have got yourself a regular on your twitch channel (well whenever I can considering the time difference)! Best of luck with your back I know how shitty that can be...

EDIT 1:
Vaal Double Strike is freakishly hilarious. Watching any boss in the game fall in seconds to Warchief/Vaal Double Strike combo is one of the most funny things I have seen in a long time.
Last edited by Same1 on Jun 19, 2018, 4:45:29 AM
"

See the F.A.Q. Section later today for all the ways to incorporate Resists into the build.

Lightning damage? Brutality doesn't allow for elemental, this is true. I do not even consider the shock of starforge in this build to be honest, however beneficial it may be.

Yeah I know, You called your build TESLA Cyclone. You also pick Elemental damage nodes. I don't see reason for it.

Before I asked I forgot to Turn ON my Purity of elements, so question about resistances is not relevant. But still have some problems with surviving. I'm level 78 and Izaro in Uber Lab just oneshot me, I just run away from him and try to dodge his attack, but if he hit me once = I'm dead. I can't do Tier 11 maps without killing boss, because they also oneshot me because of lack of the Armor I guess. I use Grace also, but I can't dodge forever as you can understand.

I want to save my DPS for faster runs(I have also 76% movespeed it's really fast may be because of that you called this buld Tesla hm...).
"
Same1 wrote:
First things first: Great write-up on the build. Apart from the giggles I had it was insightful and well written for veterans and beginners alike.

I have played this build from the start of the season and I'm still having a blast playing almost every single day for an hour or 2.

I have done some stuff different on the tree and I'm still experimenting as I'm moving along this league. I don't really like the latest tree you put up because for some reason POB tells me I end up with less DPS AND less life (and the 0,4% extra leech just isn't worth it). Seems like a bad trade :). But maybe I'm missing something.

I have done all content deathless except for uber elder (haven't spawned him yet either). The only thing left for me to do is double corrupting my big items... Which to be kind of honest is scaring the fucking hell out of me. I have a bunch of currency saved up but I just cannot seem to grow the balls to corrupt my Bronn's/Starforge. Mainly because both cost me a fortune to color correctly and 6 link after... Well that and the fact that this league has been far from nice to me drop-wise. Also the only thing that will really really really make a big difference is when you roll the high added phys damage AND increased aoe on Starforge. Which, let's be real is not going to happen...

Long story short:
This build is sweet. It leaves an insane amount of room for experimenting and dicking around in general without losing effectiveness. I'm having a blast and you have got yourself a regular on your twitch channel (well whenever I can considering the time difference)! Best of luck with your back I know how shitty that can be...

EDIT 1:
Vaal Double Strike is freakishly hilarious. Watching any boss in the game fall in seconds to Warchief/Vaal Double Strike combo is one of the most funny things I have seen in a long time.

Hiya!!

I'm really glad you are enjoying the build so much and having the tendancy to mess around with the build is the absolute best!

The old tree vs the new tree is simply a way to hit our required Int and have an ez pz option for Acrobatics which helps out our defenses a ton compared to the other way. I might still post the old tree somewhere though b/c I like messing with both options so much. I just had a fair amount of "IS THIS BUILD TANKY QUESTION MARK???" and thought, why not just make the adjustment XD. Yeah, if you are a fan of jewel sockets especially, you lose out on one which can suck overall. I'd say stick w/ what you like. #1 rule, have fun <3

If you ever pop into Lucid on Twitch, he double corruped his Starforge AND his bronn's Lithe and they are hella sexy. Not to ummm....tempt you XD.

The back is feeling a bit better. Long enough for me to get up and type all this out. I hope it feels better when I wake up and I'll be on stream like normal again.

Thanks for all the love and support <3
"
ktak wrote:
"

Yeah I know, You called your build TESLA Cyclone. You also pick Elemental damage nodes. I don't see reason for it.

Before I asked I forgot to Turn ON my Purity of elements, so question about resistances is not relevant. But still have some problems with surviving. I'm level 78 and Izaro in Uber Lab just oneshot me, I just run away from him and try to dodge his attack, but if he hit me once = I'm dead. I can't do Tier 11 maps without killing boss, because they also oneshot me because of lack of the Armor I guess. I use Grace also, but I can't dodge forever as you can understand.

I want to save my DPS for faster runs(I have also 76% movespeed it's really fast may be because of that you called this buld Tesla hm...).

oom
But ...I don't pick up any elemental nodes. I've updated the guide now if you want to see the new passive trees and picking up acrobactics can help with dodge. Also, I think I was level 80 when I did my 1st Uber Lab. It's all about just baiting out that big attack and gutting him down. If you have your profile on public, I'll take a look for any advice I can give you.

Zoom Zoom = Tesla. I'm making another guide for an elemental variant to Tesla after I finish this guide.

quick notes on your gearing:

I would stick to the guide and get Bubonic Trail boots, a lion's Roar flask, replace rotgut with a Stibnite flask for Izaro/defensive purposes, I'm not sure why you are leveling an Added Fire Gem b/c that does nothing. You should take off the Resolute Technique, your damage will go up.
Last edited by Vashseden on Jun 19, 2018, 5:06:31 AM
Ok so the 1st draft of the new guide is up!

Things I still need to add:

- Min/Maxer's guide to upgrades (applicable to all variants)

- Uber Elder Strat

- Cool Incursion Corruptions/ League stuff that I'm not if going core or not but could mention.

- Shit I forgot.

Lemme know if you have a suggestion and I'll add it up.
I'm not the mastermind behind this build but I will give my 2 cents anyway:

1) Levels - You are currently level 79 you simply a couple more levels for most of the things you are referring to (uber lab/T11) with your current gear. If you are really aching for that uber lab, find someone to carry you shouldn't be too pricy this far into the league. Join a global channel and spam it :). This will free up another 4 skill points. You really don't have to do maps that are on par with your current level. Hell most streamers run low level maps untill they can't see straight anymore.
I would suggest running T8-T10 maps untill you can clear those without breaking a sweat.

2) Tree - Your current tree is a bit off course imo. https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAABAQBeAdwCXwW1BiAGogguCZYQ8BQgFHEVIBfcGY4ZtBuqIdAj9i2DMHwxsDH7MgE1kjfUOQ464Ud-SshNkk3jUEdRR18_YN5h62MXZU1uqm87dKB2rHfjeA15aHpTe257w3_jgTqCB4LkhNmFUodqiq-NfY2_kBGSfZchl3mYb5smm42jiqQMpleou6luqZStjbIZtfK9Nr6nvrzAGsEEwQfBfMv1z3rPftN-1FLXfti92WHZfNwj3L3kUeXP5w_o1uoY6wntP-2D7g7vDu968kXyWvaj9zL46_4K_o8=?accountName=ktak&characterName=BloodyHellScion. Try this and start moving towards those top crit nodes. If you look I picked up that juicy jewel socket right at the start. We will come back to that in a second!

3) Items - I don't know how much currency you have now so I will try to suggest easy to get cheap upgrades:
Bubonic Trail - These suckers go for 1 alch right now with 1 Abyssal Socket. Get em, never look back.
For that abyssal socket - Get an abyssal jewel with +life (~25-35 is fine) +lightning resist (~10%). Don't worry about anything else right now, I will explain later.
Open Jewel Socket - +increased max life +lightning res (ANY OF THE FOLLOWING) +crit chance with two handers, +crit multi with two handers, +attack speed with two handers, +physical damage with two handers. If you search enough you will find these go for anything between 1c to 10c.

3) Skills - Right now I see you running with Purity of Elements AND Purity of Lightning (Daresso corruption). If you get the items I mentioned earlier you can stop using the Purity of Lightning and start using Grace/Haste (Grace if you want more Evasion, Haste if you want to go fast and kill stuff more fast).

4) Flaskerino's - I'm doing endgame and I still run with a diamond flask, jade flask and a Lion's Roar. With the really nice pre-suffices they will cost you a pretty penny but if you just get the bare necessities you should be able to pick them up for around 1c each. Lion's Roar being 4c as of right now.

5) Get Path of Building - it's a really nice tool that, once you get used to it, allows for some great planning and later on a lot of min-maxing

This turned out to be a lot longer than I imagined. Woopsie...
"
Same1 wrote:
I'm not the mastermind behind this build but I will give my 2 cents anyway:

1) Levels - You are currently level 79 you simply a couple more levels for most of the things you are referring to (uber lab/T11) with your current gear. If you are really aching for that uber lab, find someone to carry you shouldn't be too pricy this far into the league. Join a global channel and spam it :). This will free up another 4 skill points. You really don't have to do maps that are on par with your current level. Hell most streamers run low level maps untill they can't see straight anymore.
I would suggest running T8-T10 maps untill you can clear those without breaking a sweat.

2) Tree - Your current tree is a bit off course imo. https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAABAQBeAdwCXwW1BiAGogguCZYQ8BQgFHEVIBfcGY4ZtBuqIdAj9i2DMHwxsDH7MgE1kjfUOQ464Ud-SshNkk3jUEdRR18_YN5h62MXZU1uqm87dKB2rHfjeA15aHpTe257w3_jgTqCB4LkhNmFUodqiq-NfY2_kBGSfZchl3mYb5smm42jiqQMpleou6luqZStjbIZtfK9Nr6nvrzAGsEEwQfBfMv1z3rPftN-1FLXfti92WHZfNwj3L3kUeXP5w_o1uoY6wntP-2D7g7vDu968kXyWvaj9zL46_4K_o8=?accountName=ktak&characterName=BloodyHellScion. Try this and start moving towards those top crit nodes. If you look I picked up that juicy jewel socket right at the start. We will come back to that in a second!

3) Items - I don't know how much currency you have now so I will try to suggest easy to get cheap upgrades:
Bubonic Trail - These suckers go for 1 alch right now with 1 Abyssal Socket. Get em, never look back.
For that abyssal socket - Get an abyssal jewel with +life (~25-35 is fine) +lightning resist (~10%). Don't worry about anything else right now, I will explain later.
Open Jewel Socket - +increased max life +lightning res (ANY OF THE FOLLOWING) +crit chance with two handers, +crit multi with two handers, +attack speed with two handers, +physical damage with two handers. If you search enough you will find these go for anything between 1c to 10c.

3) Skills - Right now I see you running with Purity of Elements AND Purity of Lightning (Daresso corruption). If you get the items I mentioned earlier you can stop using the Purity of Lightning and start using Grace/Haste (Grace if you want more Evasion, Haste if you want to go fast and kill stuff more fast).

4) Flaskerino's - I'm doing endgame and I still run with a diamond flask, jade flask and a Lion's Roar. With the really nice pre-suffices they will cost you a pretty penny but if you just get the bare necessities you should be able to pick them up for around 1c each. Lion's Roar being 4c as of right now.

5) Get Path of Building - it's a really nice tool that, once you get used to it, allows for some great planning and later on a lot of min-maxing

This turned out to be a lot longer than I imagined. Woopsie...

Haha nicely put. Added more to the guide. MIN MAX STUFF UP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info