[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

"
ulletuss wrote:
Ok can anyone help me find out what I am doing wrong?

Level 71 in HC incursion. Playing the "tanky variant" with VP.
My single target is so extremely bad, so bad I sometimes cannot even finish architect bosses in incursions.

I rarely use blood rage cuz it only depletes my HP if I just pause for a second because of no life reg (VP), should you even use blood rage when playing the tanky variant?

I got 3,7k hp... Thats waaaaay too low, how can I bump this up cheap without having to buy expensive jewels?

I was hyped when I started this build but so far it's only been a struggle.

Help appreciated!

Allow me to first say, Vash would be glad for your interest in his build. Welcome! Now, the way I will approach the answer may seem harsh, but I want to put it down at the outset that I am evaluating a mathematical statement here, not you as a player or person. A build is an arithmetical, pathfinding construct, and its rewards are contingent on the extent to which its conditions are replicated. I also realise that prices are higher in HC. Hence,

Well you have a great many things missing.

01. You don't have Pure Talent yet.
02. Your first Ascendancy hasn't been slayer.
03. You are not using Vaal Haste, Vaal Cyclone and Vaal Double Strike. As you see vide the changes to the build since 3.3 (and 3.2 for Vaal Haste), these are extremely beneficial in 3.3.
04. You are not using the correct flasks.
05. You have one rare jewel, and it's not an Abyss jewel, and you aren't wearing Bubonic treads.
06. You absolutely must use Blood Rage on every variant, and on top of that, the tanky variant is particularly suited to being able to benefit from Blood Rage.
07. you have raced up to reach Will of Blades, but are missing the Mana Leech node under Herbalism and the sword nodes at Fatal Blade (not Brutal Blade - reserve those for later).

Now let me tie each of those in together to demonstrate how they are interacting to bring your character's all-round performance down.

The absence of Pure Talent means you're starving on Int. That's part of why you are specced into Thief's Craft. Notice that Coldhearted Calculation is an int provider - as are Versatility and Coordination, which you have. You have instead pathed to Will of Blades first. This is a very inferior choice compared to both getting int from Coldhearted Calc or getting raw damage from Fatal Blade. Now, missing Pure Talent and still pathing into the Ranger and Shadow starting points is meaningless. It's wasting your points and keeping you underpowered for no reason.

As has been mentioned numerous times through this thread, Slayer is the first Ascendancy this build takes, because Slayer is the foundation of the risk-vs-reward for the build. Without Slayer's overleech (among its laundry list of benefits), ANY build trying to use Blood Rage suffers terribly. Slayer is what enables you to pop Blood Rage, Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline, Diamond Flask of Heat/Curing, Sulphur Flask of Warding and bulldoze into huge masses of enemies.

That is the cyclone playstyle itself we are describing - not a playstyle unique to this build! If you're playing Cyclone, you are doing it because you want to take advantage of the fact that Cyclone clips through enemies: to get in the middle of very large packs, while having your flasks up, for maximum rate of clearing. Without Slayer, that proposition is dicey, since the nerf to Vaal Pact in 3.1. Slayer also increases your damage and area while leeching, and you are always leeching due to Blood Rage and Vita Void, so it's a neat little double-dip there. You are missing all of this.

The trio of Vaal skills mentioned above come together to create the current playstyle of this build. For position-insensitive large pulls - eg. Breeches, Incursion intersections etc., Vaal Cyclone is efficient and quick, and can net you enormous time gains if perfectly positioned in early Incursions. We are talking 40, 45 seconds of time on the clock after a well-executed Vaal Cyclone here. Vaal Double Strike will melt incursion bosses before you can blink twice. On a bad day. Seriously, the average human blink rate is once per 6 seconds. And then Vaal Haste empowers everything.

You have multiple life flasks in slots which Diamond and Lion's Roar and Sulphur should occupy. I imagine this is because your health recovery isn't living up to snuff. This is because you are wasting passives on chasing Pure Talent's bonuses without actually HAVING pure talent, this is because you haven't invested in Bubonics and Abyss Jewels, and this is because you are missing Slayer. Damage is life for Leech builds, and you haven't established the essential conditions for optimal damage.

Essentially, you are covering for inaccuracies by committing even more inaccuracies, and the result of doing that is always a loss in performance.

Now, as you will read (a few pages back in this thread), Bunonic Trail confers its benefits from any Abyss Jewel anywhere. In boots, in other gear, in passive tree. The current meta of this build is to use a life+chaos res+lightning res Stygian Vise. That leaves you with a total of 5 possible Abyssal slots. 4 jewels, hence, should go into boot, into belt and (2x) into passive tree. The synergy is very strong.

Now, with Slayer in place, with the correct flasks up, with your passive points intelligently allocated, with the Vaal skills primed...there is no way you will feel low on damage and consequently there is no way you will be afraid of Blood Rage. In fact, Blood Rage is one of our greatest assets, enabling us to reach the Leech hardcap with very modest gear, and capping us on Frenzy charges to boot. Every time Blood Rage falls off, due to an inaccuracy in your play, you will feel a very significant loss in power. It's an uncomfortable feeling - you want Blood Rage to be up. You need blood rage to be up.

And finally, that 0.4% mana leech node below Herbalism. Take it.

In summary, you see how every deviation from an optimal solution must logically net increasingly suboptimal results. Now in no way am I saying that wearing every shred of best-in-slot is the only way to play this build. Far from it, in fact. However, one can not keep stacking inaccuracies and not expect to have to pay for them. That is your character's situation presently.

I wish you all the best.

EDIT: A tip from a brother: shift to Hiltless. Seriously. AFTER taking Slayer, that is.
Last edited by Aimanan on Jun 16, 2018, 11:19:54 AM
What am i missing with understanding the bubonic trail boots?
We dont take any abyssal sockets apart from the boots
+80 life boots are better than the 6% in general as we're stacking lots of % life on tree/jewels
30ms is available on any half decent rare boots
The evasion is comparable to most rare boots

"
heyhomes69 wrote:
will vaal cyclone + Vaal Sentencing, Cobalt jewel + the mr money bags flask Soul Ripper offer anything to the build that is worthy of mention to the rich?

Vaal Cyclone isnt worth stacking for imo. Its makes you too vulnerable to be used where you need it, basically t16-t17 bosses; and everything else is already shreded apart in mere seconds by a normal cyclone.
Last edited by Jadame on Jun 16, 2018, 12:21:15 PM
"
ninjaxus wrote:
What am i missing with understanding the bubonic trail boots?
We dont take any abyssal sockets apart from the boots
+80 life boots are better than the 6% in general as we're stacking lots of % life on tree/jewels
30ms is available on any half decent rare boots
The evasion is comparable to most rare boots

Exactly what you're thinking you're missing, but are afraid to acknowledge it. Because deep down, you're afraid that such an awesome thing could be true!

Yeah so the buff from Abyss jewels is global. Jewel in boots, check. In belt, check. In passive tree, check.
"
llamaegg wrote:
Been having a lot of fun with this build, I've always felt Scion doesn't get the love she deserves!

I just dinged level 80 in hardcore, using Belly and the Devotion and haven't been having any issues yet, sadly unless I luck out anytime soon the dream of a Starforge and Watcher's Eye are still quite a bit away. Get's depressing when you can't even afford one when you sell every piece of currency you have!

Still have a while to go, subpar jewels, non-qualitied gems, etc. but still runs extremely smooth and safe.

Keep it up! Sounds like hella good progress imo ^_^
"
heyhomes69 wrote:
will vaal cyclone + Vaal Sentencing, Cobalt jewel + the mr money bags flask Soul Ripper offer anything to the build that is worthy of mention to the rich?

Since Vaal cyclone has become less and less used in my build imo. However, having said that the 2 KEY places it absolutely SHINES are:

1 - Breaches. Sexy sexy pulling enemies out from the edges, waiting for them to come out the be killed breaches.

2 - The add phase of the apex incursion temple boss. After the red shield goes up, wait for a good chunk of adds to spawn and hit it. kills 80% of all of them with a single press of a button.

Now the Soul Ripper Flask is another thing. Since we added Vaal Double Strike into the weapon of the build, this flask + bossing potential is AMAZING. Even w/out the flask the boss damage is absolutely INSANE with Cyclone.

I personally still have not yet bought the flask but it looks like a lot of fun, but optional fun.
Hey, i recently bought a 6l bronn but i can't for the life of me get it to roll 4r1b1g for the gems, is there anyway i can move one of the red gems to blue? if so which one would be a good gem to pick up.
Just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone for the amazing support. I will be streaming some shaper kills tonight (stream will start around 7PM EST but I won't be doing Shaper until a couple hours into it.)

I am in the process of reformatting the ENTIRE guide to FULLY address issue some people are having with the guide. I have been posting new info on it but I feel that I can do better. Part of that will happen on stream.

Also, thank you to all that support me on Twitch. I got my Sub Button yesterday and an amazing showing of support with it. I want to continue to provide everyone with as much info as possible on this build, help with other builds (have played the game since Closed Beta) and Have a fun community online to share memories with.

I will be adding new passive trees as well to give even more options on how to approach the build depending on what goals in mind you have with the build including:

League start, Magic Find, Cheap mapper, More expensive set up, HC Viable 2.0, Super effin' Tanky Man (lowest damage variant), Uber Elder set up, and maybe a few others.

Some of these passives may look similar, however, I think they will help with transitions that players have minor troubles so far with.

Also, I will be updating gear progression and gem links, and the leveling guide. I know a lot of builders do not go to this level of detail, but, You guys have shown amazing support and I want to give back anyway I can.

In addition, I will try and record videos on How to 5 off color / 6 link your bronn's lithe / any evasion gear you might the interested in and a couple of other videos to help you in your PoE journey.

This will take a little bit of time and since I'm balancing streaming, school, work, and umm sleep (i suppose) please bear with me ^_^

Thank you again to everyone that took the time to try out, is trying out, and the conquerors that have smashed the Hell outta everything with the build. Much Love

<3
"
vyolina wrote:
Hey, i recently bought a 6l bronn but i can't for the life of me get it to roll 4r1b1g for the gems, is there anyway i can move one of the red gems to blue? if so which one would be a good gem to pick up.

Hiya,

To first answer your question, if you are just done rolling it for awhile and do not wish to sink anymore currency into the item and just want to have some fun, switch Maim for Increased Crit Strikes.

Hitting the Bronn's with Chroms is too costly for 99% of people.

There's a crafting method described earlier in the forum with using the Artisan's Bench that is far cheaper and yield the colors for the build. I will be recording a video on how to do it in the near future and posting it. Until then, jump back in the forum and take a look.
"
Vashseden wrote:
"
vyolina wrote:

Hiya,

To first answer your question, if you are just done rolling it for awhile and do not wish to sink anymore currency into the item and just want to have some fun, switch Maim for Increased Crit Strikes.

Hitting the Bronn's with Chroms is too costly for 99% of people.

There's a crafting method described earlier in the forum with using the Artisan's Bench that is far cheaper and yield the colors for the build. I will be recording a video on how to do it in the near future and posting it. Until then, jump back in the forum and take a look.

That I can confirm.

I wasted 1000 chromes before using the artisan method, which gave 4R-1G-1B on Bronn's with few tries.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info