[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

Just beat my first ever t15 boss with this build and hopefully Shaper is next. My main issue right now is that I don't have the maps to actually farm i.e a supply of t15s. The next thing I need I suppose would be the curse on hit gloves and yeah getting all my gems to 20 again ... 4.8k life and its a really fun build but I dislike when my cyclone stops for some reason unbeknownst to me ( its not running out of mana or me being stunned I am pretty sure).
It made reaching level 90 a real annoyance with randomly stopping in a pack and being killed :).
Gear below :

Spoiler

"

Do the following to get rid of blood rage panic health dips: -

1. As Vashseden stated, pop Blood Rage the instant before you hit your first mob pack.

2. When the first pack (or the first few chainable packs) die, pop Quicksilver and dash ASAP into the next pack. After the first 2-3 packs if not the very first, you will have so much persisting leech contributing to your recovery that unless you have bleeding from monsters on a very high "added damage as x element" or "cannot leech life from monsters" map, you will not dip from max health.

3. In continuation from point #2, be very alert with bleeds: since your health pool is small and you're moving at great speed, popping Quicksilver between each pack...inattention will get you killed.

EDIT: will be posting a demo video once it's done uploading, showing that even in a noob's hands (mine), this build clears the way OP cleared that Carcass T15. No panic situations at all.

Video here: https://youtu.be/ASHVho38PSo

Notice the following points: -

01. Map starts at 01:50, effectively ends at 04:22. Everything after that is mop-up.
02. Dual boss? No problem. Harbinger packs? One shot. Red beast? 5 seconds.
03. Note the leap-slamming into distant or inaccessible mob packs. This is a great component of your safety.
04. If your Loot Filter spams your screen, TURN OFF LOOT DISPLAY. Anything that impairs your visibility is a killer with builds like this one.
05. A single Blood Rage has been maintained throughout the map.
06. I swap out Bronn's with Belly when I'm feeling sluggish. I recorded this impromptu, just now, at nearly 2 AM, so I used Belly for safety.

Hiya! I actually posted a comment earlier on this but it didn't post. werid. Anywho, Thanks for the detailed answer in addressing Blood Rage, especially for those new to the gem. Cool Video. I also have map clearing videos as well for reference with gameplay and using skills. Not to discourage your video at all, the more, the merrier!
"
Themasterofw wrote:
Just beat my first ever t15 boss with this build and hopefully Shaper is next. My main issue right now is that I don't have the maps to actually farm i.e a supply of t15s. The next thing I need I suppose would be the curse on hit gloves and yeah getting all my gems to 20 again ... 4.8k life and its a really fun build but I dislike when my cyclone stops for some reason unbeknownst to me ( its not running out of mana or me being stunned I am pretty sure).
It made reaching level 90 a real annoyance with randomly stopping in a pack and being killed :).
Gear below :

Spoiler

Hiya,

Grats on the progression with the build!

The curse on hit gloves are nice. Another option is to Divine Orb your Starforge but a nice increase in physical Damage.

On the note of stopping your cyclone, just remember that when using Cyclone in PoE, if your mouse is really close to you and you run out of enemies and are just spinning, each little tick ( mana proc ) is proccing very fast at that point without getting the mana gain on hit mixed in with the leech. That can lead to issue if not careful.

Good luck with the fights! Another side note too, if you do intend to take on the end game bosses, swapping Haste for Grace will benefit you tremendously. After having enough damage, the evade rise is just amazing quality of life.
The danger of mana depletion is why I use a Panicked Hallowed Hybrid Flask of Staunching. Best of all worlds. Instant when needed, persistent when not, gives mana, stops bleed.

Of course, an on-spot leap slam will also give cyclone start-up mana.

EDIT: take one Mana Leech node just below Herbalism to deal with most of your mana worries.
Last edited by Aimanan on May 19, 2018, 12:27:14 AM
Tried out this build, loved the concept it's very fun and farms surprisingly well! Now i'm experimenting with swapping slayer ascendancy to assassin for the extra crit, it does add a ton of damage but it is a lot less safe and not guaranteed to be at full life, i have changed some things around in the tree and different gem setup, i would love to get your guy's thoughts on it, how do i link my gear or can you check it out by clicking my name?
"
sevenpeter wrote:
Tried out this build, loved the concept it's very fun and farms surprisingly well! Now i'm experimenting with swapping slayer ascendancy to assassin for the extra crit, it does add a ton of damage but it is a lot less safe and not guaranteed to be at full life, i have changed some things around in the tree and different gem setup, i would love to get your guy's thoughts on it, how do i link my gear or can you check it out by clicking my name?

We can see your characters :)

I'd take whatever Vashseden says more importantly than what I say, but here's what I'm thinking so far...

01. Losing Slayer means losing the overleech, culling strike and immunity to phys reflect.

02. Given that you don't have much leech going on in your variant ATM, I'm wondering if losing 6 sockets, going Kaom for the EHP, losing value on the DOFL gem, losing increased damage while leeching and increased AoE etc. still actually leaves you at a damage advantage. PoB says no, ATM.

03. Tradeoff between this and original build would be:
a> Bronn's Lithe - considerably more DPS, faster movement, loses EHP but gains 6 sockets and a good deal of avoidance. The most underrated loss here would be the movement speed. Every bit of increased movement speed makes it a little less likely that you will be hit by enemy projectiles while cycloning, if you have slowigng effects on you.
b> Losing Endurance and Power charges from Leap Slam, the former extends Immo Call by a little bit. The latter is being made up for by Assassin.
c> Culling Strike - with bosses which are increasingly dangerous as they lose health, CS is a huge advantage.
d> You seem to have swapped out Haste for Grace - while this is great for bosses, it is mostly unnecessary for clearing. I suppose you just left it on there because meh.

04. And now the small things. Vuln on gloves if/when you can. It's Flashback league after all, I understand. You skipped CWDT, I guess that was intentional, but you're excising a lot of survival tools here.

05. Commonest heartbreak of a PoE player is dying in the 90s...if you can avoid that even with this setup, all power to you! :)

i have switched back to slayer ascent :p the overleech is way too good to pass up, and the reflect imune is good for maps too, i dont know if i wanna get rid of kaoms, would just have 5,2k life even though i could buy a 6l bronns right now (would have to switch a red gem for a blue though, so probabily maim support for increased damage with crit?
I was bouncing ideas off the wall regarding DPS, if you have leeech sources...a great advantage of assassin is the poison. Now, if you have leech and aren't running no-leech maps, how about swapping Thief's Torment on those maps with Voidheart and a life-res-etc. ring? Now you have poison :P

EDIT: naaah. Losing the insta life on hit wouldn't be worth it against large packs, where the ring itself could regen 6k life per second.
Last edited by Aimanan on May 19, 2018, 7:58:05 AM
As for staying with Kaom's on Slayer, I've done it to get past Izaro when Bronn's would leave me at 3780 life, Kaom took me to 5.1k. It made a huge difference. I'm a fan of keeping a Kaom around, and always carry 3 chest armours on me. Kaom, Bronn and Belly.
Last edited by Aimanan on May 19, 2018, 7:52:12 AM
Hiya,

Haha, it seems @sevenpeter and @Aimanan went down the rabbithole that is switching up an ascendancy.

Earlier in the forum, I did discuss the difference of switching Slayer for Assassin. (Page 3)

Long story short, to ensure that you have a good time, stick with Slayer ^_^

I took a peak at your character and building tanky like that is totally fine. You do miss out on attack and movement speed but I did include other Path of Building options with a Koams variant in the guide. If you have not downloaded that software, I highly recommend it.

You will definitely do less damage overall and move slower, however, if you feel comfortable and are having fun, that is most important!

If you did buy that bronn's and want a blue, go with Increased Crit Strikes, It will add more damage than the Damage gem. (Just a tip)

You will be able to clear up to Shaper with 10-20 different set ups depending on feel and budget. The only fight that requires a certain set up and such is Uber Elder.

Tinker around and get it to feel to your liking but keep slayer ^_^

I hope this helps and thanks for Aimanan for pitching in as well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info