[3.11] Tesla Cyclone | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win |

Great build loving it, playing cyclone for the first time.

I read through it thoroughly and had no issues, did a few changes to the tree as expected because of different delirium debuffs.

Rarely ripping in delirium now and pushing it to +5 on t15 maps easily with very budget gear. Only my boots cost 1ex and everything else is under 10c. (Upgraded chest today for 60c). I have about 10ex in the bank atm and wondering if i should go for -15manacost 6link and upgrade my rings or save up for starforge rn.

Maybe get starforge trough div cards for a bit cheaper sword.

Thanks!
Question :

Is there a way to become (much)more tanky, even sacrificing some damage (but keeping Berserker (love the boost in movement speed) ?
Maybe take a look at my gear (Atm I have 3ex saved, so thats the budget to work with the upgrades).

My goal for the league was to hit 100 (lol)... but Im dying way too much for that.

Today I tried the first Sirus (on aw5), got super frustrated with that... I easily got to the last phase, but then he began one-shotting me with the beam.
The thing is, he is 95% of the time invulnerable\flying\hidden\in space, so you cannot leech life.
To avoid the beam maybe I should have swapped Leap Slam for Dash.

Another point is that I find myself rarely using the totems, only for bosses i think, are there maybe some defence skills I could use instead ?
The problem i have with those is the super slow cast speed, which causes me to die if used near enemies.

Anyway, yeah :)

Thanks
Last edited by Nite1984 on Mar 23, 2020, 3:14:08 PM
"

Scions are awesome, yes.

Thank you for your feedback. I had reworked the guide which initially had 10 variants of the build all inside the same guide so I worked with many links for many visitors to the build. I will copy the streamer strategy on Twitch to include everything in one link, sure. Back when I posted the original guide, there was a split between people who actually used POB and those that did not. There is still a bit of a split today just not as bad. I try to include each different person reading but that can lead to miscalculated disadvantages in overall readability.

I don't agree personally with "a real mess" I feel that term gets thrown around way too easily. I'm very busy outside of gaming so I was trying to slash away over 100k characters in my last version of the guide and put up enough information that the guide has all included materials. Some people will see a drop down POB list with 15 different selections and it will overwhelm them as to the choices vs trying to figure out which one to switch to at which point. The reason I know this, is b/c I get direct messages explicitly explaining this.

I use the term a real mess only because there is a ton of information spread out in a lot of different places. Most all of that info in important in its own right, it is just hard to keep track of it when it is in a bunch of different tree links.

I think the guides most people appreciate and stick too are the ones that have kind of like a League Start, Mid Game, End Game, Bill Gates mode. It just gives people the feeling for where they should be moving in order to complete end game content. Especially with the Scion because their Ascendancy tree is completely different then the rest of the classes.

If you are ever in need of some help compiling things in to a single place and making the entire thing more centralized shoot me a DM and I would be glad to help out where I can.

Thanks again.

Last edited by JayDee17 on Mar 23, 2020, 4:57:09 PM
"increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills"

if i understand this right, only if we have a vul curse, this part of the skill will apply right?

if we don't, ailment from attack skills don't do anything to our dps?
"
JayDee17 wrote:
I use the term a real mess only because there is a ton of information spread out in a lot of different places. Most all of that info in important in its own right, it is just hard to keep track of it when it is in a bunch of different tree links. ...

It is confusing. It assumes the Reader already knows the build. It has to be "sifted" in order to get a relatively clear idea of what it is, what PoB is the "generic" build (I'm still not sure...) and what the logical progression for the build should be. "Could be" is fine, but it's not as nice as "should be." :) (There's too many "could be" bits. If the build had wheels, it'd be a bike. :) Options are good, though, so that's not necessarily bad. They're just more prominently presented than the base-build suggestions are.

IOW - I have no negative criticisms about the build. It's just a bit difficult to follow and I have to agree with JayDee17 on that note.
those that geared with high end gear - how is the build performing at the hardest content? i.e. sirius, delirium maps, etc.
"
Nite1984 wrote:
Question :

Is there a way to become (much)more tanky, even sacrificing some damage (but keeping Berserker (love the boost in movement speed) ?
Maybe take a look at my gear (Atm I have 3ex saved, so thats the budget to work with the upgrades).

My goal for the league was to hit 100 (lol)... but Im dying way too much for that.

Today I tried the first Sirus (on aw5), got super frustrated with that... I easily got to the last phase, but then he began one-shotting me with the beam.
The thing is, he is 95% of the time invulnerable\flying\hidden\in space, so you cannot leech life.

Another point is that I find myself rarely using the totems, only for bosses i think, are there maybe some defence skills I could use instead ?
The problem i have with those is the super slow cast speed, which causes me to die if used near enemies.

Thanks

Great question, I would love to get some info on that as well
I am currently playing in ssf so I probably wont obtain any might of the meeks do you think the build could still function at least up to low red maps?
"
Dreddster wrote:
"
Nite1984 wrote:
Question :

Thanks

Great question, I would love to get some info on that as well

I'm playing the build in standard and it's now at level 95. I too struggled with oneshot deaths earlier but tuned the build slightly towards more hp + armor and slightly less dps.

Most of these are already mentioned in the thread by OP so they're not my own discoveries, just pointing them out here:

- Biggest thing is to use Starkonja's head instead of Rat's Nest, as OP writes in the guide also. This gives great evasion and damage reduction on low health and +100 to life if you find good rolls.

- I also annointed my amulet with Tenacity which gives best dps buff but also gives 5% increase to life. This is very expensive Anointment though.

- I have also made small changes to the passive tree which help with hp. Min/max PoB by OP shows many of these changes already. Biggest change is to cut Born to Fight - Barbarism connection and reallocate those points for two new jewel slots and Juggernaut for Armor and life.

For jewels you want crit multiplier for two-handed weapons, global crit multiplier or crit chance and ofc 7% increase in life. With two slots this makes 14% more life. I also changed the lowest might of the meek to similar jewel so over 20% increased life this way and still I managed to keep max resistances since disabling lowest might of the meek gives Sentinel back (which also gives us evasion and armour). For dps this change was about +-0 with proper jewel in the slot.

- Smaller change on passive tree was to change life node next to Barbarism and Bloodless to life node with life + armor next to Warrior's Blood. Currently I have slightly under 4k armor and 24% phys damage reduction. About 6500 life total.

- I also got more dps with Acuity instead of Heartseeker, this way my hit chance is 100%.

With this tree you can easily switch between life nodes and some crit chance/multiplier to balance between life and dps.

Anyway here's my PoB with pretty much endgame gear and lvl95, only few things missing which OP has mentioned in the build. Got awakened melee phys damage support also today which gives 10% chance to intimidate back and great buff to dps:

https://pastebin.com/UVNSMu9w
Last edited by patouskii on Mar 24, 2020, 11:37:19 AM
i can't sustain mana at bosses or single targets so my cyclone keep stopping what i'am doing wrong?

https://pastebin.com/csJV4LSi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info