[3.6] Worms of Command - (Infinite worms + chains of command on a PF)

Nice job making something innovating and effective, OP! I've loved animate guardian for a long time but could never bring myself to build around it until now.

Question: As I've never done a build with writhing jars before, I'm not sure how frequent they need to be used. Is the choice of Pathfinder more of a safeguard in this respect? I ask as the attack speed, damage, minion survivability, and skill duration the Necromancer would offer seems steep to pass-up!
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
Awesome, glad to see that the wormblaster will always find a way to live on.
"
Immermnemion wrote:
Nice job making something innovating and effective, OP! I've loved animate guardian for a long time but could never bring myself to build around it until now.

Question: As I've never done a build with writhing jars before, I'm not sure how frequent they need to be used. Is the choice of Pathfinder more of a safeguard in this respect? I ask as the attack speed, damage, minion survivability, and skill duration the Necromancer would offer seems steep to pass-up!

While the chains of command item can be used effectively on a necromancer, it will fail or struggle against bosses like shaper and elder guardians. Also, if you die, you lose all your minions, potentially making it impossible to finish certain bosses.

Pathfinder solves this issue by providing infinite worms to kill.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
Voidurai wrote:
hey scythe, dunno if this question has been asked already, but do you think a 2h sword (or any other 2h wep) with Resolute Technique corrupted onto it will make every single AG's Weapons have Resolute Technique as well?

example

this could open up a lot of build options, as if this were applicable on 1handers we wouldn't need to aim for a Vagan foil

edit: you can, in fact, corrupt RT on 1h weapons as well. if this gives the AGW 100% accuracy, this is huge..

Guildy offered to test this, and the Resolute Technique does appear to work with the AG, and therefore should work with animate weapons.

If you are wondering which setup is better (vagan foil or resolute technique corrupted weapon) I am not sure. Will maybe run some numbers through PoB if I get a chance this week.

That being said, the RT mod really does open a lot of other weapon alternatives without the steep price tag of a lycosidae or a good vagan foil.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
That being said, the RT mod really does open a lot of other weapon alternatives without the steep price tag of a lycosidae or a good vagan foil.

glad to see you agree. only problem is, after looking at some numbers myself in PoB i realized that the Animated Weapons actually benefit from base crit chance of weapons i believe? (A vagan foil with Hits Cant Be Avoided and mediocre ele dps is slightly better than a high ele dps foil with RT corrupted onto it)

they have roughly 30%-ish chance to crit, which I didn't even take into consideration before, and RT removes this crit chance. I'm not exactly sure if RT is worth it in the long run. I need to look at it a bit more though I guess.

also props to your guildie(s) for helping you out :)
yea, what about it
Im making a slightly saperate version of this build(I dont take necromatic aegis, and go for block to augument my own defence. I use a vagan weapon for can't be evaded)

Here is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/MsvSATu1

I'm getting really low DPS, and have trouble even clearing Blood Aquaducts. Could someone tell me what is wrong?
Well you have basically zero minion damage right now.

This isn't a meta build where you can get 10 million dps using a broken shaper stat stick and 3-4 more multi damage conversion flasks. You need to really take advantage of any spot you can for minion damage.

- The armor has melee splash, you are wasting a gem slot in your body armor using that
- your armor is only 5s
- no minion damage on your gloves
- you didnt take any jewel nodes to socket jewel with flat or % minion damage
- you didnt take the minion wheel with grave pact
- not using a weapon that gives minion damage
- you are not taking necromatic aegis so your minions wont have power or frenzy charges. Remember that charges give huge buffs to minions and monsters:

Frenzy charges:

15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge

Power charges:

200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
Last edited by Godwar on Jun 21, 2018, 4:51:47 PM
This is so much fun, my computer can barely handle it.

"

AG has Bringer of Rain and a Resolute Technique Oro's
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jun 24, 2018, 12:58:27 AM
can someone take a look at my character ArsenalMap and let me know how i should proceed?

i understand that the gear is still very basic, but i am having issues with map clear with even t4 maps, which i felt is strange for minion builds. is it all due to my gems being low level?

AG gear as follow
weapon: unique 2h staff with additional block (forgot the name), ~480pdps
gloves: vorici gloves
boots: kaom's
helmet: abyssus
chest: zahndethus' cassock (to proc consec ground on block and also chaos resist)

thanks in advance!
"
rinuskoe wrote:
can someone take a look at my character ArsenalMap and let me know how i should proceed?

i understand that the gear is still very basic, but i am having issues with map clear with even t4 maps, which i felt is strange for minion builds. is it all due to my gems being low level?

AG gear as follow
weapon: unique 2h staff with additional block (forgot the name), ~480pdps
gloves: vorici gloves
boots: kaom's
helmet: abyssus
chest: zahndethus' cassock (to proc consec ground on block and also chaos resist)

thanks in advance!

You need minion damage jewels. Aim for 15 or 16 percent

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info