[3.3] Elemental Hurricane - Voidforge Cyclone Raider | +348% ms | 690k Shaper

"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
JGrrr wrote:
Hi! This is a really attractive build, would definitely give it a try once I save enough ex. However, I do have one question for the build: what map mods do we need to avoid? And I wonder if I could try a Scion version of the build? Thanks!

Basically elemental reflect is the primary one to avoid. Other ones can be difficult but only in major combinations - remember in this build our primary defense is evasion for phys, therefore dodge unlucky/increased accuracy can be deadly if you are not careful.

That being said, you usually kill everything fast enough you don't get hit, so mainly elemental reflect.

If you want to go scion, I haven't run a speed build but I have run what I coin "boss killer". This scion took me through uber elder. Lot more hp, more damage, overleech from slayer, - significantly less movement speed & less evasion. This is the path of building pastebin - https://pastebin.com/8QQPkMCb. It does maps about 1/5th slower than the above, but is safer and has enough hp/damage to take out bosses easier (specifically uber elder which is a pain in the everything)

Thank you so much for the reply! I will farm up the currency and give both a try!
Followed this build guide for my Voidforge char in incursion and I have to say after trying Ngamahu's and Starforge cyclone with raider, I enjoyed this variation the most (although the others were more tanky). I went with a different aura setup and I am just using an abyssus all the time so I'm not quite as fast but I can still reach 280-290 (w/o hh buffs and much more with). Gotta say again, very fun build and thanks for the guide!

"
stinle wrote:
Followed this build guide for my Voidforge char in incursion and I have to say after trying Ngamahu's and Starforge cyclone with raider, I enjoyed this variation the most (although the others were more tanky). I went with a different aura setup and I am just using an abyssus all the time so I'm not quite as fast but I can still reach 280-290 (w/o hh buffs and much more with). Gotta say again, very fun build and thanks for the guide!

Thanks man! much appreciated - I like coming here to see that people are enjoying it.

Bet that headhunter is supremely fun to play with. Never was able to farm the currency for one yet.

Much like you I started bestiary as ngamahu cyclone, swapped over to voidforge once I started getting gear. Really is something else blazing through everything so fast. I see you prioritized some dmg mods, probably feels slightly better once you start getting to highest tier reds (or on tanky rare mods).

Anyone else that is reading this - not much changed for 3.3, I haven't officially updated the main post as I am playing a different build this league. All the info should still be consistent from bestiary.

Cheers
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jun 28, 2018, 11:59:34 PM
I don't know why my tooltip doesn't show any dps.
Last edited by miracle22071 on Jul 5, 2018, 7:14:22 AM
"
miracle22071 wrote:
I don't know why my tooltip doesn't show any dps.

Once you grab elemental equilibrium the tooltip for whatever reason just doesn't calculate anymore. Best bet is to use path of building and import in your current setup.
Hi. Thx for your setup. Work well on Ascendant. But i still have questions.

First, why Ele Focus? Shock+crit chance shall provide way much dmg than EF only.
Second. Still confuse with that one.
Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element
it 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as (Fire\Cold\Lightning depending on with what element you hit)
or it
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Fire
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Cold
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Lightning

My current build for example https://pastebin.com/3HJHcjmQ.
Last edited by KaindeMort on Jul 25, 2018, 4:05:53 AM
"
KaindeMort wrote:
Hi. Thx for your setup. Work well on Ascendant. But i still have questions.

First, why Ele Focus? Shock+crit chance shall provide way much dmg than EF only.
Second. Still confuse with that one.
Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element
it 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as (Fire\Cold\Lightning depending on with what element you hit)
or it
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Fire
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Cold
100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Lightning

My current build for example https://pastebin.com/3HJHcjmQ.

1) Cyclone is many small hits, so you won't reliably shock bosses like shaper and guardian unless you're Elementalist or Scion/Elementalist. Things that you can shock like normal mobs/rares die so quickly so the shock really doesn't matter. Might as well go Ele focus

2) POB is bugged and Voidforge effect does not work. Putting 300% is a workaround (And if I'm not wrong this makes POB inflate the DPS values as it doesn't take into account hitting the same element twice in a row)

Having 100% of each element screws up the calculation of Elemental Equilibrium, which is a key feature of this build.
Last edited by excaian on Jul 25, 2018, 10:06:01 AM
I was looking for a build that would allow me to use my legacy Abyssus as well as Void Forge and possibly Headhunter. This seems to be the one!

I see you've tested this out as Scion and Ranger, how do you feel Duelist - Champion would fare here?
I'd be okay with losing some movement speed since I will most likely use Headhunter and therefor potentially end up with so much speed I DC lol. I just usually tend to aim more towards defense than offense.
"
JLawL wrote:
I was looking for a build that would allow me to use my legacy Abyssus as well as Void Forge and possibly Headhunter. This seems to be the one!

I see you've tested this out as Scion and Ranger, how do you feel Duelist - Champion would fare here?
I'd be okay with losing some movement speed since I will most likely use Headhunter and therefor potentially end up with so much speed I DC lol. I just usually tend to aim more towards defense than offense.

I had a lot of PoB where I was trying out champion. It definitely can be strong, with 100% hit rate. Ultimately it would scale the best with gear, just if you wanted to do say uber elder you would really miss the overleach from slayer. The most defensive I think would either be scion with slayer ascendancy or slayer itself. If you wanted to go champion at least you could always respec to try both out.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
JLawL wrote:

I had a lot of PoB where I was trying out champion. It definitely can be strong, with 100% hit rate. Ultimately it would scale the best with gear, just if you wanted to do say uber elder you would really miss the overleach from slayer. The most defensive I think would either be scion with slayer ascendancy or slayer itself. If you wanted to go champion at least you could always respec to try both out.

Thx :) Actually decided to go Ranger - Raider for now. Want to experience the full speed version before I worry about adapting it to my own playstyle / needs lol

Great build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info