[3.3] Elemental Hurricane - Voidforge Cyclone Raider | +348% ms | 690k Shaper

"
I dont think that Mathil saw your tree but he did nearly the same at 4h18m yesterday :D https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249991287

That's really funny :). I think I caught the end of that stream too. He took Vaal pact though, which wouldn't work as nicely with blood rage and damage on full life (depending on the supports were running). Lots of little tweaks make all this min maxing so much fun.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
I dont think that Mathil saw your tree but he did nearly the same at 4h18m yesterday :D https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249991287

That's really funny :). I think I caught the end of that stream too. He took Vaal pact though, which wouldn't work as nicely with blood rage and damage on full life (depending on the supports were running). Lots of little tweaks make all this min maxing so much fun.

it's good uber lab farmer?
"
paccianivive wrote:

it's good uber lab farmer?

I'm not a big lab farmer myself, but there are probably a few switches you could do to make it work. The only thing though is you'll never have that great slayer overleech.

Something a bit more defensive for Lab would be the pastebin I have in the alternatives section using Kaom's Heart instead of QOTF - drops your movement speed a lot though.

I tried it a couple times with QOTF no changes, and you speed through like crazy. The only problem is when there are particularly devious trap rooms you can get gibbed if you're not paying attention. These tradeoffs would have to be a decision you are comfortable with.

*edit - added a video of me trying lab after https://youtu.be/ZdKufP037uk
Last edited by Ironsentron on Apr 15, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
DaHigherPower wrote:
just want to put it out there that you are losing insane amounts of dps because you arent converting all of your phys damage (which you are stacking tons of) into elemental damage. becuase the sword says "deal no non elemental damage" all that phys on your rings and such are only getting the effect of the mod that says "300% weapon phys added as.. " and then that phys damage gets lopped completely off. so if you were to run Phys 2 lightning as well as take then winter spirit nodes on tree you would get crazy crazy dps increase for absolutely no change to the core build. you can also experiment with using conversion watcher's eyes or even hrimmburns/hrimmsorrow for ez conversion. good build tho been trying to find a decent voidforge cyclone raider

I've tried that as well, but it kills elemental equilibrium which adds even more dps than the conversion with standard gear. The conversion alternative has the potential to be better (if you have a mirror lying around to buy double hatred watchers eye) but limits us on utility auras. I've personally ran both types of builds with watchers eye hatred cold conversion and can show you the pastebin pob analytics if you would like to discuss.

how does it fuck EE? it doesnt do anything in terms of EE.. because the weapon physical damage that you convert still gets applied to the weapons "300% of weapon physical damage" even though it is converted. and you dont need double hatred, only single conversion
"
DaHigherPower wrote:

how does it fuck EE? it doesnt do anything in terms of EE.. because the weapon physical damage that you convert still gets applied to the weapons "300% of weapon physical damage" even though it is converted. and you dont need double hatred, only single conversion

"Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements"

If you convert your physical damage on the weapon to cold, then every hit after the first hit will give enemies +25% resistance to cold. If you also then convert some of your damage to lightning as you suggested, every hit will have a cold and lightning component, plus the 300% added random damage, with a net effect of giving enemies +25% resist to cold and lightning, and whatever random damage is proc'd.

It fucks it because you will never get the -50% resist to cold with hatred watcher's eye, and you will never get the -50% resist on lightning if you convert phys to lightning.
so i am currently trying to level this charcter and it seems weak once i hit act 6. compared to when i leveled my slayer cyclone charcter./ is it because of the dexterity does it scale better with str over dextierity or am i missing osmethign cause it seems super tough in comparison
"
XxXOMNIXxX wrote:
so i am currently trying to level this charcter and it seems weak once i hit act 6. compared to when i leveled my slayer cyclone charcter./ is it because of the dexterity does it scale better with str over dextierity or am i missing osmethign cause it seems super tough in comparison

Heya, would it be possible for you to change your privacy settings so I could take a look at your character?

One thing I did when leveling up is stick with Frost Blades/Ancestral call setup until Blood Aqueducts. Once you get high enough to use Voidforge then switch to cyclone. Also picking up a Thiefs Torment should help a lot with survivability due to life on hit sustain (mana is a nice bonus). Key things I'd look at is resistances, making sure you get some life nodes early, life leech/on hit (making sure you have some at least for now). Your slayer likely had early leech and overcap leech, which is great for survivability. Until you start clearing very fast and killing things before they hit you it could be a bit squishy as this build trades high life/regen for evade/movement speed.
Slightly off topic, but I just downed Uber Elder with my scion HP variant of the build. If anyone is interested in the path of building - https://pastebin.com/8QQPkMCb.

Shitty video of me killing him - https://youtu.be/EP_8dFfuWNY (died last portal while he was dying, lucky no good loot dropped)
Hi! This is a really attractive build, would definitely give it a try once I save enough ex. However, I do have one question for the build: what map mods do we need to avoid? And I wonder if I could try a Scion version of the build? Thanks!
"
JGrrr wrote:
Hi! This is a really attractive build, would definitely give it a try once I save enough ex. However, I do have one question for the build: what map mods do we need to avoid? And I wonder if I could try a Scion version of the build? Thanks!

Basically elemental reflect is the primary one to avoid. Other ones can be difficult but only in major combinations - remember in this build our primary defense is evasion for phys, therefore dodge unlucky/increased accuracy can be deadly if you are not careful.

That being said, you usually kill everything fast enough you don't get hit, so mainly elemental reflect.

If you want to go scion, I haven't run a speed build but I have run what I coin "boss killer". This scion took me through uber elder. Lot more hp, more damage, overleech from slayer, - significantly less movement speed & less evasion. This is the path of building pastebin - https://pastebin.com/8QQPkMCb. It does maps about 1/5th slower than the above, but is safer and has enough hp/damage to take out bosses easier (specifically uber elder which is a pain in the everything)
Last edited by Ironsentron on Apr 23, 2018, 11:16:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info