[3.3] Elemental Hurricane - Voidforge Cyclone Raider | +348% ms | 690k Shaper

Introduction

^^^ this has not been altered from GifCam capture

You want to map fast? you want to cyclone? you have lots of ex to spend on Voidforge? this build is for you.

The build maps incredibly fast at up to +348% movement speed modifier. Shaper is possible, but not optimized - this build wants to go fast. Be the Sonic you always wanted to be.

Did I say we go fast?

Build as of 3.3

[3.3 update] With aspect of the avian now out this league I would consider swapping to say blasphemy elemental weakness, linked with level 4 enlighten and grace.

Rest of the build hasn't changed much, other than a Voidforge being a lot cheaper to buy.

Update log

June 7, 2018 - updated minor points with 3.3 suggestions
April 15, 2018 - posted uber lab video
April 12, 2018 - updated with some alternatives for gear and build options
April 8, 2018 - build post date, minor changes

Pro's & Con's

+ Go fast
+ Go really really fast
+ 348% PoB movement speed plus up to 6-14% more from pantheon
+ Cyclone is fun
+ 94% evasion and 50% dodge

- 5.1k hp
- Shaper and guardians are do-able but you'll probably die a few times
- Hard to control going so fast sometimes

Gear and gems

My current gear setup

Spoiler

Alternative gear options (see builds below)

Spoiler

Note that all of these will be significantly slower than QOTF, but make up for it with other benefits.

Body armor
1. Loreweave is the best alternative to QOTF with the defensive 80% all resist, flat damage, crit, elemental damage. It basically has everything this build wants.

2. Shroud of the Lightless works great, can drop damage on full life to make the build less conditional. It is a bit less dps but can do well with a good abyss jewel. This is probably the cheapest option as you only need to 5 link it.

3. Bronn's Lithe is good, but expensive to get with the right colour slots. It does less damage than a well rolled Loreweave, less defenses due to no max resist, but has movement speed.

4 & 5. Belly could work for life and resist, Kaom's could work for massive life (with 6 link weapon)

Honorable mention - Farruls Fur, very expensive, but free aspect and frenzy/power charges. This has much less damage than the other options above. I really would not recommend this for raider, but if you were doing a pathfinder, deadeye, or scion or other build it could be beneficial. (note on deadeye, I have only theorycrafted this, but the speed boost from Tailwind makes it slightly faster than raider if you can stack tailwind, also you get the increase in cyclone aoe which is a huge quality of life buff for farming. It is less defensive though, less evade chance, and no free onslaught.)

Helmet, enchanted with cyclone (15% ias or 40% dmg)
1. Rat's Nest - crit, movement speed
2. Farrul's Bite - crit, aspect of the cat
3. Abyssus - massive flat damage, best for shaper, would not recommend on a general use basis

Gloves/Belt
1. - Shaper's Touch/Belt of the Deceiver (much cheaper), try to get elemental weakness on hit for Shaper's. Will need significant resists elsewhere though, as we rely on resists from Stygian belt.

Affixes to aim for
-Flat physical dmg is king for voidforge
-Ele dmg on attacks

Avoid
-Flat elemental dmg on attacks - messes up Elemental Equilibrium

At this point the ideal gear setup would just include better rolls on the gear above, specifically for resists and life. The more you can get on your gear the less you need on jewels.

Jewels & affixes
-Watchers eye with movement speed on grace
-7% life
-Elemental resist

Abyss jewels phys dmg and life is king, can get good accuracy here as well if you have the resists covered elsewhere.

Flasks
Spoiler

We take Jade and Stibnite flasks to increase evasion rating which supercharges our Queen of the Forest armor movement speed bonus

Passive Tree

Path of Building at 92 - https://pastebin.com/BvXMjDsX

Bandits
Alira - Elemental resists are hard to come by and crit multi is essential, mana regen is bonus

Playstyle

You'll likely go too fast to react, so it is best to try and predict where enemies will be and cyclone beforehand.

Videos

Shaped channel typical map example run
https://youtu.be/o-tl_wzQV0I

T15 Basilica 41% inc monster life
https://youtu.be/sFXfCcWr85Y

Uber Lab - 6m54s got me rank 57 on leaderboard (no planning, just a test run)
https://youtu.be/ZdKufP037uk

Other
Will be working on updating with more info

Alternative build options
Spoiler

Max DPS build - 1.6m-1.9m Shaper
Spoiler
There are significant alterations you could do to get up to 1.6mil+ of Shaper DPS, but it drops your movement speed to around 200% as you pick up Loreweave instead of QOTF.

Path of Building (with Abyssus 1.9mil Shaper - with Farruls Bite 1.6mil Shaper) https://pastebin.com/9P6F9yH0

7k hp version 244% movement speed
Spoiler

HP alternative with Kaom and Starkonja - 7k hp (need to fill in resists elsewhere (Options on stygian 3 resist, abyss jewels, ring to fill it in)

https://pastebin.com/cTPmxZWW

Scion DPS Version (WIP) 2.2m rats nest - 2.8mil abyssus - shaper dps (no padding)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/0iwVnphm

Scion HP Version - Killed Uber Elder 1.5mil shaper dps, 7350hp
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/8QQPkMCb

My Other Build(s)
[3.3] Avatar of Fire BV elementalist - all content
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2183511
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jul 10, 2018, 8:23:20 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2018, 6:06:34 PM
Reserved
"
Ironsentron wrote:
Introduction

What's the problem? Your Video with the one death looked really good.

Btw what are alternatives? What about Shroud of the Lightless?
RPGee auf Youtube. Deutsche PoE Beginner-Guides und mehr.
Last edited by ChaosQueenKitana on Apr 9, 2018, 4:27:36 AM
"
"
Ironsentron wrote:
Introduction

What's the problem? Your Video with the one death looked really good.

Btw what are alternatives? What about Shroud of the Lightless?

That video was with the loreweave set-up that has around 800k more dps. I've ran t15 elder with the qotf new setup but died a few times in the burn phase due to dps (and probably skill).

Shroud actually works really well as a budget option (using the budget term loosely). Mainly because of cheap 5 link. It competes with a well rolled loreweave within 100/200k dps. It is what I ran with before loreweave. I'll put some of these alternatives into the guide later tonight, including helm options as well. I've played way too much trying these all out. There is also the choice of converting phys to cold with hatred watcher's eye/tree or staying elemental equilibrium.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Apr 9, 2018, 11:31:16 AM
Kinda enjoy the build. LvL 80 so far, missing a lot of items but damage is really nice. guess i need some more survivabilty but can do early red maps already. Took the Shroud but missing Tombfist and some good jewels.
"
Kinda enjoy the build. LvL 80 so far, missing a lot of items but damage is really nice. guess i need some more survivabilty but can do early red maps already. Took the Shroud but missing Tombfist and some good jewels.

Great!
I took a quick look at your build and some cheap upgrades would be the flasks, jade flask and stibnite should bump your evasion quite a bit even without qotf. tombfist even 1 socket for intimidate would work good but you'd have to make sure to cover your resists. Can look more later in detail if you'd like.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"

Great!
I took a quick look at your build and some cheap upgrades would be the flasks, jade flask and stibnite should bump your evasion quite a bit even without qotf. tombfist even 1 socket for intimidate would work good but you'd have to make sure to cover your resists. Can look more later in detail if you'd like.

Yeah i wanna buy some +2 tombfist and gonna watch poe.trade a bit till i get some. for maps im totally fine right now so no need to hurry. crafted two good jewels yesterday. mathil checked the one in my belt and said thats a really good one. if i get some currency i gonna slam it i guess.

3-5 Phys to attacks
6-59 to lightning with swords
7-11 Phys to swords

other one is decent i hope

11% global crit multi
35 life
25% crit if i havent crit recently
Last edited by Jessrabbit on Jul 30, 2019, 10:36:51 PM
"

Yeah i wanna buy some +2 tombfist and gonna watch poe.trade a bit till i get some. for maps im totally fine right now so no need to hurry. crafted two good jewels yesterday. mathil checked the one in my belt and said thats a really good one. if i get some currency i gonna slam it i guess.

3-5 Phys to attacks
6-59 to lightning with swords
7-11 Phys to swords

other one is decent i hope

11% global crit multi
35 life
25% crit if i havent crit recently

That first jewel is unethically disgustingly good. Just be careful though, with Elemental Equilibrium the lightning damage will mess up the proc (basically you will have perma 25% resistance to lightning and will not get the -50% bonus). You could run an elemental modified version that converts the phys to cold and use that jewel.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Apr 10, 2018, 10:10:53 AM
"
Jessrabbit wrote:
Hey! Managed to get lucky and craft a 20ex phys claw and decided it's time for a new build, after like 5 days of researching I ended up on this and sold the claw. 20ex was my budget and these are the items I ended up with(character tfhfthfth) I was also too lazy to level a new toon, so I just modified it a bit and went with my already leveled scion. Using assassin/slayer atm, think I will switch to slayer/raider when I get cat aspect thingy on ring. I have absolutely no currency left.

Any obvious upgrades apart from Grace Watcher's Eye and +1 vectors? And anything I did wrong? The build seems to be absolutely destroying t15 maps, gonna try elder+guardians tonight with maybe a different chest(have loreweave I can borrow from main char and some other stuff)

Good eye, I think you have the core of the items now. Few other gear you could include getting the 2nd Steel ring with flat phys (although the one you have is still really good ring now). If you had a spare affix crafting aspect of the avian would add a bit extra kick, alternating double dmg/run speed buff. The hardest part I found in all of this is balancing off resists, so that would stay the priority. Really you can only manipulate rings, jewels, and the stygian, which are all relatively expensive.

In the meantime you might be able to pick up a cheaper jewel with 3 affix to replace the blue one you have (in lieu of the watcher's eye).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info