[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

Hey man, Awesome Build and Guide, One question on the Belly VS Inpulsa's Broken Heart, been eye balling it lately, Wouldn't it Benefit this Build Insanely, if u got the right color sockets / 6 White linked?
"
Hey man, Awesome Build and Guide, One question on the Belly VS Inpulsa's Broken Heart, been eye balling it lately, Wouldn't it Benefit this Build Insanely, if u got the right color sockets / 6 White linked?

It would certainly benefit the build greatly, but you would be sacrificing ~500 life and some resists, but it's not that big of a deal imo. Even though then I would ditch the AoE/Conc effect gems and always use the Increased Critical Strikes gem (honestly I think Crit chance gem is better than the AOE gems in general anyway). Just to get the most out of the shock :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
devon752 wrote:
"

It would certainly benefit the build greatly, but you would be sacrificing ~500 life and some resists, but it's not that big of a deal imo. Even though then I would ditch the AoE/Conc effect gems and always use the Increased Critical Strikes gem (honestly I think Crit chance gem is better than the AOE gems in general anyway). Just to get the most out of the shock :D

You could Easily Make up the Resists, and "some" of the life back on your rings Boots and Gloves, would be pricey yes, but the 30-50% increased damage after shocking an enemy + 40% increased effect of Shock, + shocked enemy's explode for 7% of their Max life, would make for some VERY interesting chain Explosion and Killer Damage Correct?
Last edited by TTVGlockstopper on Aug 2, 2018, 11:25:50 PM
"
You could Easily Make up the Resists, and "some" of the life back on your rings Boots and Gloves, would be pricey yes, but the 30-50% increased damage after shocking an enemy + 40% increased effect of Shock, + shocked enemy's explode for 7% of their Max life, would make for some VERY interesting chain Explosion and Killer Damage Correct?

Well yeah, the damage and shock effect, but I'm not so sure about the explosions. Since Starforge says: "Deal no Elemental Damage" Doesn't that mean it gets negated? Either way, I haven't tried, so you can if you want, be sure to post the result here so people know.
P.S. don't forget Belly's 50% life recovery from flasks! :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
I would, but i cannot afford a Starforge Sadly, haha...Also, Just seen something else, if it does work...Also looking at "Maligaro's restraint" in combo with the Inpulsas as well, 100% increased shock duration on you (inpulsas makes u immune to "shock effects", 60% increased damage while shocked +15% move speed...
Last edited by TTVGlockstopper on Aug 7, 2018, 8:28:13 PM
"
devon752 wrote:
"

Well yeah, the damage and shock effect, but I'm not so sure about the explosions. Since Starforge says: "Deal no Elemental Damage" Doesn't that mean it gets negated? Either way, I haven't tried, so you can if you want, be sure to post the result here so people know.
P.S. don't forget Belly's 50% life recovery from flasks! :D

Inpulsa's should work, I think. Starforge's "Deal No Elemental Damage" implies *you* deal no elemental damage; for things like Inpulsa's (or for that matter, Infernal Blow, Detonate Dead, half of Bodyswap, etc.), you aren't the source of the damage--the exploding corpse is, which is also why those can't trigger reflect. Maligaro's Restraint is usable with or without Inpulsa's, utility flasks of Grounding will counter it, or you can just live on the edge a little. ^^

That said, I don't really see the point. Clear speed is not lacking with this build. If you really wanted, you can get similar effects from Haemophilia, which I'm using for now unless I decide to splurge on Acuity's, without sacrificing all the potential of other unique chests. I actually hate using Belly as well, just personal taste; I was planning on using a rare with this build, but I decided to go with Death's Oath instead. I figured I'd put an Ancestral Warchief or possibly Blade Flurry setup in the chest, but after 5 chromes for fun it got 4-off (GBBBR R), so I threw supports for Death Aura in there instead. That's only adding about 1k dps but I've been too lazy to set up other links, would hate to roll over those socket colors, and in low red maps at least I really don't need more single-target dps. Eventually I'll probably cook something up in there. Vaal Double Strike makes for a fun single-target or Breach-clearing boost though. (I was planning to get a Vaal Cyclone once I started using Starforge but I never got around to it and honestly I don't miss it.)

I'm also running Death Rush and Starkonja's for the time being; I might eventually switch to a Steel Ring, but honestly I'm too addicted to speed. I run Herald of Purity when I feel like it: if a map is particularly dangerous, I'll turn it off. It doesn't feel like the extra dps is necessarily worth reserving that much life, but when you're not at risk of dying anyways, why not? Using this many uniques did require a fairly hefty investment into my boots and ring, the only two rares I'm using right now, and fire and cold are not overcapped. That said, it still hasn't been an issue. I'm still considering Blood of the Karui/The Writhing Jar, again that's mostly been an issue of laziness. Once things actually get scaryish and/or don't die more or less immediately, I'll take a more serious look at adjusting some gear or gems. In low reds for now and still having zero issues as-is.

Here's my Path of Building for level 90, I imported from my character as is and made some tweaks, may have missed a few gems to 20/20 or other things but it should be basically fine.
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Can someone explain how he has massive Area of Effect even though he doesn't have any AoE bonus on skill tree or gear? I want to try this build but cyclone has very little AoE. I'm not sure if AoE skill gem will be enough. I'd like to have the AoE he has in the video he posted
"
julymorning wrote:
Can someone explain how he has massive Area of Effect even though he doesn't have any AoE bonus on skill tree or gear? I want to try this build but cyclone has very little AoE. I'm not sure if AoE skill gem will be enough. I'd like to have the AoE he has in the video he posted

The Cyclone gem gets more AoE as it levels. Namely, on gem lvl 21 (as is in the video) it gets +3 to melee range. I also took the nodes that provide the same bonus on the tree, making it have more than sufficient AoE.
It is also the reason I advocate for the critical chance gem instead of the AoE alternative later on.

Hope this helps bro and thanks for checking the build out :D
Last edited by devon752 on Dec 5, 2018, 4:30:12 AM
any changes for 3.5 ?
"
ARES_GOD wrote:
any changes for 3.5 ?

Nope, just gonna update the skill tree version to the latest (under the skill tree section). Even though the nodes for us haven't changed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info