PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Indigon Poet's Pen: instant-kill shaper/easy uber elder/7 mil dps (3,5 mil shaper)

Hey guys,

i'm Sacr0! Some of you might have read another guide created by me already
(Volkuur's Poison https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2068178)

This guide is about my latest build in SC Bestiary. After seeing Indigon for the first time, i got hyped about the item and thought about how to make it work.

this build is entirely based around this item.

Indigon provides huge amounts of spelldamage that scales exponentially upwards the more mana we spend.
the mana costs itself also scales exponentially upwards. this lets us neglet any form of increased dmg on the skilltree and other items and makes room for a different damage scaling. Therefore, this build utilizes heavy amounts of crit, mana, mana regen and life.

some quick maths for indigon: assume 4 attacks per seconds (poets pen attack speed) at a mana cost of 100.
after 0,5 seconds of attacking, we get 60% inc spelldamage+60%inc mana cost

the next attack costs 160mana. after 2 attacks or 1,5 second of attacking, we get another 60% inc spelldamage and 60%inc mana cost.

the next attack costs 220 mana. after 1,75 seconds of attacking, we get another 60% spelldamage and 60% inc mana cost.

the next attack costs 280 mana. after 2 seconds, another 60/60.
the next attack costs 340 mana. after 2,25 seconds, another 60/60
the next attack costs 400 mana. after 2,5 seconds, get 120/120
the next attack costs 520 mana. after 2,75 seconds, additional 120/120
the next attack costs 640 mana. after 3 seconds, get additional 180/180
the next attack costs 820 mana. after 3,25 seconds, we get 240/240

this way, more than 1000% inc spelldamage is achieved just by attacking for 4 seconds.
so we want to play a build that can move around while attacking. best option: poets pen unearth/bodyswap+volatile dead.

the only thing stopping this build from gaining infinite amounts of %inc spelldamage is the mana cost.

Hierophant has some great mana recovery options. arcane blessing grants us arcane surge which provides great amounts of mana regen. with poets pen, we cannot gain arcane surge any other way than with hierophant. in addition to improve the mana regen, we use a mana recovery belt
and a mana recovery watcher's eye

conviction of power is great in terms of offence and defence. in combination with skyforth
, which provide nice mana, we have a full uptime on power+endurance charges.

due to the high amount of mana this build is spending, kalisa's grace
gives us 100% uptime with the 2% base crit buff. by scaling crit on the tree, this provides an insane damage buff.

zerphi's is not required for this build to work. we get spelldmg leech+warlords mark which is pretty decent for sustain. if you want to use rf, zerphi's is needed though.

base gear required for this build:
Spoiler

additional gear i use:
Spoiler

skilltree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAADuA5oEBwSzBUIHHgdjCPQOSA5cES0Rlha_GDwYVho4HNwi9CaVJy8o-ioLKk0rJiycLOkyCTLRNZI62DwtPydBh0GWQ8hFR0V-RZ1JUUrITLNPBFNSVIJVS1XGWG1boF3yXyph4mQzZlRo8mpDavpsC2xGbRluqnBScmx7w3wOfIN-WX_GgY-Cm4LHg1-DzIPbhXuGs4nTiq-MNo8aj_qQEZBVkyeVLpo7muCePqEvogCj76dVrrOu_bXytz64k7mTvOq9J76KwGbDCcu90B_Q9di94XPr5Ovu6_XsLuw47-vwH_DV8h3yRfno_go=?accountName=Sacr0&characterName=SacrosLOLOPHANT

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/PXRft5HU

lvl 89 shaper run

uber elder deletion:
Last edited by Sacr0 on Apr 5, 2018, 1:43:18 PM
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2018, 7:26:29 PM
nice use of indigon.. any tips for leveling before you have the rest of the gear?
dual wield poet's pen. you can go straight with unearth/bodyswap+vd or equip something like arc+frosbolt for lvling. get doedre's tenure, asenath's mark, karui ward, wanderlust, 2xle heup and run to act10.
Why do we need lightning penetration links?
"
Why do we need lightning penetration links?

for the mana cost. i would like to use chain instead for a better mana multiplier but could not get it 4g sockets.
To be completely honest, If you didn't have these videos i would not beleive you. Your PoB is HEAVILY skewed because of the way you incorporated the "1000% increased spell damage" on the diamond flask. It instantly made any flask effect node incredibly valuable and overestimate the damage. You also have RF on and assuming a zerphi's which nearly doubles the cost of the build. I know its hard to make PoB account for the mana spending so the dps numbers are completely off regardless of what you do.

I messed with the tree a little because the flask nodes near witch lost a ton of their value, and assumed level 89, instead of 88. I picked up the Snowforged and Throat Seeker nodes between witch / shadow. I dropped the Berserking near scion / marauder --- not sure how this affects gameplay and mana spending, but it didnt seem effective as far as casts per second of poet's pen skills as you can reach the cap without these nodes (4 attacks per second).

Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/it1DvaeN
I also noticed you smashing uber elder w/o RF on so I assume you dont actually need it for damage at all? The spell seems like a big risk and no reward. Very cool build though and i'm leveling a toon for it as soon as this is posted. I'm interested in what you think of the tree changes I made.
in my current tree i have also removed berserking. you're right about the diamond flask thing, but the estimated increased damage from indigon should be somewhere around 1600% inc spelldmg. so it should work out (roughly)

your hp seems to be a bit low. taking out the flask notes will give your flasks even less duration, and the duration is already short (old PF player here). in addition, you'll loose 1%max resi from divination distillate and 1% max resi from dying sun as well as some pen from wise oak. i'm sure those 3 points are worth it.

PoB is difficult for this build. it does not account arcane surge, inc spell dmg from arcane surge, and it does not account kalisa's grace.
i used rf for uber elder. it's a risk, but an awesome dmg buff. it is not needed for htis build. you can play this without zerphi's+without rf.
Hi,
I have seen on your profile that you went for LL now.
What are your impression on it?
dmg is better, survivability is far worse than life version
please rename build to zerphi's last breath build. It is soooo misleading to say its a poets pen build.

Claims made can play without zerphis but no uber elder shaper video without the Zerph.
Last edited by pattycak3 on Apr 5, 2018, 4:08:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info