[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

Enlight me please, what makes you face tank mino..
I'm considering trying to start this up now that I have some currency, are there any needed changes to make it set for 3.5?
"
sutasafaia wrote:
I'm considering trying to start this up now that I have some currency, are there any needed changes to make it set for 3.5?

I think it´s good to go, no major changes.

Can anyone recommend some upgrades for me ? I´d like to do shaper reliably and maybe uber elder if i can afford it. have a few ex available.

Cool, will see what I can do about finding some of the items.

If you happen to have a 6L inpulsa, any idea for the 6th socket? The front page only shows 5L.

Also, since the main guide hasn't been updated in a bit...how is the whole witch vs scion thing this league?
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jan 3, 2019, 6:58:06 PM
I guess you could use blind as a 6 link but its really not necessary. I switched in culling strike for additional accuracy because i needed the attack speed and culling is always nice , add. accuracy helps for more lgoh i guess but i don´t feel i need it. Cruising through elder underground sea at high speed atm.

For Scion i have no idea, the ele prolif from elementalist feels nice and the solution for scion was the ele prolif corruption, but i can´t even find any in bsc right now and poet pen is quite expensive this league.

Being ele reflect immune would be nice though.
Is this worth using instead rare ring, or better to switch to good opal with life and mana + res?

"
Sevoxx wrote:
I guess you could use blind as a 6 link but its really not necessary. I switched in culling strike for additional accuracy because i needed the attack speed and culling is always nice , add. accuracy helps for more lgoh i guess but i don´t feel i need it. Cruising through elder underground sea at high speed atm.

For Scion i have no idea, the ele prolif from elementalist feels nice and the solution for scion was the ele prolif corruption, but i can´t even find any in bsc right now and poet pen is quite expensive this league.

Being ele reflect immune would be nice though.

Scion:
As you mention, This build gets its amazing clear speed from elementalist shock prolif and impulsa interaction. With scion you don’t have prolif, so the clearspeed gonna suffer. The wand corruption used to be the weaker workaround for this. However, when they changed the corruptions with Incursion, there is no more ele prolif support corruption, I.e it is now legacy, hence the reason you cannot find it in Betrayal. .

So imo, scion lost its flavor for this build with Incursion.

If you want ele reflect immunity, I think you are better of being witch, taking Paragon of Calamity, and playing a bit with your gear to tune for lightning pen/reservation.

6th link:
One option is to try CoC with 6L, but tbh, I don’t like the idea as your survivabilty suffer way to much and it is difficult to have enough attack crit/accuracy to make it worth. I’d rather pick one of LMP, culling strike, blind.
Is https://pastebin.com/ZJeHrsPd still the best PoB to use? It seems to have different gear than recommended (lore instead of inpulsa, for example) and may not be the best passive tree anymore?

I replaced Increased Accuracy in the chest with a CoH - Warlords Mark (I want to replace this someday with a ring with WM on hit) and life sustain went up really far. It's no fun to lose the assassins mark but for the time being it seems really good. Will hopefully wind my way up the top of the tree for double curse later on.

I was considering using power siphon instead of barrage and have been messing with it for a little bit to test it out but the spread on siphon really hurts the life sustain. Maybe it won't matter as much at higher level but at least in A4 it's a pretty big difference. That said, this refers to single target. For map clearing power siphon spreads WM around far better so it seems better. Barrage for bosses though. Maybe. Cull is nice. I don't know =/ Really need to figure this out, not going to be in a tabula forever and swapping colors on real armor is a lot more expensive.

Honestly not sure if I want to run the storm brand power charge thing...partially because I may run power siphon later (and it looks like poe.ninja all the builds use power siphon and none use barrage) and partially because I don't feel like hitting a second button >.>;;

Also...if...big if...but if I wanted to get calamity for leech/immunity to reflect, how big a loss is discord? Obviously it's some lightning pen but I feel like that's not the biggest loss in the world for safety? Might even be able to drop warlords mark which would save the need to get double curse.
Last edited by sutasafaia on Jan 5, 2019, 3:04:36 PM
So I'm loosely using this build but I am not the biggest fan of my movement skill being triggered and not me casting.

I am thinking of keeping ball lighting in one pen, and arc in one and not using the the extra pens.

That being said I need to use either frenzy or the barrage setup in the chest but not have both.. What would be best?

Again just casual player I'm not too worried about losing some of this builds god status.
I am also using just the arc + ball pens at the moment, I'm having zero issues so far. That said, later on I plan to experiment with arc + warp because it's certainly faster for clearing. If you don't care about that though the arc + ball is fine and works great for dealing with things like ambushes.

As far as casual goes, I am having far better success with barrage than with frenzy. Even more since I got a lucky tabula and linked barrage with Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + life on hit + GMP + faster attacks. The sustain is really good. I plan to get rid of CoH + WM later on when I can get a good ring with warlords mark on hit, then spec into double curse so I can run WM with assassin mark. I just can't give up the sustain WM provides, it's so good.

Also, if you want to go really casual, skip the elementalist node that buffs heralds and get the leech + reflect immune instead, you become almost immortal outside of one-shots. Problem being you lose 25% penetration and the lesser mana reservation too though...but no reflect damage! Kind of your call I guess. You can always respec ascendancy if you end up disliking your choice for 5 points per node.

Please note I am new to the pen build, only going based on what I've experienced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info