[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
Aevaris wrote:
"
SwitchBL8 wrote:
Hi there. Love the build, certainly something else than the meta VD/BS setup. One thing I don't get: you mention instant life leech, but I can find that on the gear or the jewel or the passives. How does that work?

Currently level 75, with 4 PPs, an Inpulsa's, the mask and the mobs just die in blue clouds. LOVE IT!

The instant leech comes from health gain on hit I believe.

That's not instant leech. And it's WAY too low, but it helps. Used to a Bloodseeker. That's instant leech, and a lot of it too.

Just got to level 80. Tier 9 is no problem, not even with Temporal Chains or Enfeeble or something shitty like that. Don't have much tier 9 maps yet, so running tier 7 and 8, but most of that is a joke. And I haven't even done merciless (or uber) lab yet. Maps with separate boss arena's are the most convenient for the weapon swap setup, but it works nice with Null Portals too, you just need to be a bit more careful in the swap-timing.
Last edited by SwitchBL8 on Sep 24, 2018, 3:21:32 PM
"
Aevaris wrote:

For boss killer, you can find res easily enough on 1 ring, boots, and gloves. The darkness enthroned gives you (with decent jewels) ~90 life, ~90 mana, ~33 crit multi which is pretty nice as we are life and mana starved.

I was wondering about this too. It seems like with a fossil crafted stygian vise you could get something with some combination of:
90-99 life
20-30% increased lightning damage
25-30% elemental damage
some amount of resistances

And then you still have one jewel socket to give you 45 more life, mana, and some crit multi.

Is the extra mana and the 15% crit worth more than 20-60% increased damage and more life?

I am generally not sure how to prioritize crit chance/multi vs flat damage vs increased damage. I am new to this build and just figuring it out.
"
Aevaris wrote:
I could also use some advice. I die a lot with most of the listed items on fairly low content (e.g. yellow maps).

I just opened up 2 jewel slots, so I know they're open. Beyond that, I could really use some advice. Thanks!

You're rocking MF gear, it's the nature of the beast, you will occasionally explode while Mfing. I don't see any major issues on your PoB unless you didn't take alira, then your res isn't capped. Get more levels, 78 is low

"
shadowns wrote:
Hi man! What's better boss setup skills? Arc/Ball Lightning or Shock Nova/Ball Lightning? Where higher dps?

Arc since the changes, his videos are pre Arc change.

"
mudcat wrote:

I was wondering about this too. It seems like with a fossil crafted stygian vise you could get something with some combination of:
90-99 life
20-30% increased lightning damage
25-30% elemental damage
some amount of resistances

And then you still have one jewel socket to give you 45 more life, mana, and some crit multi.

Is the extra mana and the 15% crit worth more than 20-60% increased damage and more life?

I am generally not sure how to prioritize crit chance/multi vs flat damage vs increased damage. I am new to this build and just figuring it out.

My profile is currently geared for MF, but my boss killing gear uses darkness enthroned out of convenience. I haven't done a search but the belt you just listed above sounds insanely expensive. For me darkness enthroned does plenty. I also run with atzri's acuity and bubonic trail so basically all of my resistances are on jewels.

I think if you got the belt above, then yea 45-60% increased damage is probably better than 15% multi, which if going for pure dps is what you're essentially trading by switching from darkness to the hypothetical stygian, but probably not worth the cost.
Last edited by AXPcikle on Sep 24, 2018, 6:11:11 PM
"
AXPcikle wrote:
"
Aevaris wrote:
I could also use some advice. I die a lot with most of the listed items on fairly low content (e.g. yellow maps).

I just opened up 2 jewel slots, so I know they're open. Beyond that, I could really use some advice. Thanks!

You're rocking MF gear, it's the nature of the beast, you will occasionally explode while Mfing. I don't see any major issues on your PoB unless you didn't take alira, then your res isn't capped. Get more levels, 78 is low

Thanks for the review. It got a lot better after uber lab and some of it being a me (git-gud) problem. Still have quite a bit of improvement in personal skill, but I'm able to do t15 in my MF gear with fairly no problem except bosses. Between either getting 1 shot or not being able to leech fast enough, I die to higher tier bosses easily (most in the t10-t15 range depending on mod and boss). Oh, and delve. Delve is a lot harder than I had expected on this build. Admittedly coming from BV as my last char.

Besides the barely capped res being a risk for Ele Weakness mod, I'm not sure I see what would improve much in my non-MF gear. Maybe another 70 flat life per slot, which is a lot, but is it really enough to stop the one-shots?
Last edited by Aevaris on Sep 24, 2018, 7:58:26 PM
You've got a ton of life ahead of you , by level 90 you'll have a couple more jewel slots and over 500 more hit points. You've also still got your gems to quality which is a decent amount of damage
What is the advantages of using barrage vs frenzy?
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/khaxd/roflandelve?i=0&search=class%3DElementalist%26item%3DThe-Poets-Pen%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

Can someone explain why he's using power siphon/spark in his chest? He's currently highest clear for elementalist poet's pen delve, also what do atziris acuity add for us don't we have plenty of life on hit?

Also why don't we put an vaal arc in our poet's pen for the vaal active?
"
Marchosiae wrote:
What is the advantages of using barrage vs frenzy?

Frenzy gives you frenzy charges, and is better at applying curses. Barrage is better for life on hit for lots of sustain during boss fights.

"
NusFuSerto wrote:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/khaxd/roflandelve?i=0&search=class%3DElementalist%26item%3DThe-Poets-Pen%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

Can someone explain why he's using power siphon/spark in his chest? He's currently highest clear for elementalist poet's pen delve, also what do atziris acuity add for us don't we have plenty of life on hit?

Also why don't we put an vaal arc in our poet's pen for the vaal active?

I imagine Power siphon for the free culling, and maybe spark because in the delve hallways that's a heck of a lot of life on hit?

I don't know about him, but I use Acuity's because it feels better than a life on hit setup to me. Both are viable.

I use vaal arc on the clear set up, but level 21 arc is better for single target. If you can get a 21 vaal arc, then that's technically the best.
I get that we use MoM but why don´t we use HoI anyways?
Overkill for clear?
ar there any recomended Watcher's Eye for this build?
and is Zerphi's Last Breath good for this build?
im kinda new to the game , im enjoying this build so far but sometimes i just get 1shot and i did not manage to do uber yet , he kinda 1shots me::) i got like 4.5 k hp
Last edited by kitlerr on Sep 26, 2018, 11:22:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info