[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

Poet's Pen or other triggered damage is reduced to 20% in 3.4. Just want to confirm it's still doable to beat Hall of Grandmasters before I send myself to hell
Last edited by Arthur606 on Sep 6, 2018, 6:19:00 PM
"
Arthur606 wrote:
Poet's Pen or other triggered damage is reduced to 20% in 3.4. Just want to confirm it's still doable to beat Hall of Grandmasters before I send myself to hell

I don't recall seeing that in the patch notes. Can you point to where you read that officially?
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

I don't recall seeing that in the patch notes. Can you point to where you read that officially?

He is referring to this.

"PvP Skill Balance
Trigger supports, triggered skills (including Labyrinth Enchantments), and skills triggered by an item effect (such as Poet's Pen) all now deal 80% less damage against players."

So he is correct in that this build deals only 20% damage now in PvP and Hall of Grandmasters, but the same thing applies to you and some of the biggest pain in asses in Hall of Grandmasters used trigger abilities.

Quite frankly I've always avoided that map so haven't bothered to test this build in it.
Last edited by Bioness on Sep 6, 2018, 8:15:21 PM
"
Bioness wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
Arthur606 wrote:

He is referring to this.

"PvP Skill Balance
Trigger supports, triggered skills (including Labyrinth Enchantments), and skills triggered by an item effect (such as Poet's Pen) all now deal 80% less damage against players."

So he is correct in that this build deals only 20% damage now in PvP and Hall of Grandmasters, but the same thing applies to you and some of the biggest pain in asses in Hall of Grandmasters used trigger abilities.

Quite frankly I've always avoided that map so haven't bothered to test this build in it.

Ah, I didn't catch that. Makes sense now.
So its not like the vd build where it actually uses the mechanic of the item just allows you to move and kill at the same time?
Last edited by Lichtwink on Sep 6, 2018, 10:08:36 PM
"
Lichtwink wrote:
So its not like the vd build where it actually uses the mechanic of the item just allows you to move and kill at the same time?

No. The movement is much smoother with this setup then with VD (IMO) and it's easier to control. I'm doing a VD Poet's Pen Heiro for Delve currently but I'm considering changing it to use Arc/LW/BL. It's nice to have those big balls of fire auto target but VD just feels clunkier.
Does it available this build use with Zerphi Flask with Scion Elementalist/Pathfinder same as Pathfinder Poet's Pens (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lKZyYJeCU)?
"
lainbh wrote:
Does it available this build use with Zerphi Flask with Scion Elementalist/Pathfinder same as Pathfinder Poet's Pens (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_lKZyYJeCU)?

No, these are very different builds.
Last edited by villur on Sep 7, 2018, 4:17:29 AM
Hey bros!

Isn't it enough to have 3x poet's pen instead of 4? One of them has exactly same gem setup
"
Shuqo wrote:
Hey bros!

Isn't it enough to have 3x poet's pen instead of 4? One of them has exactly same gem setup

3 will work but being able to just press the weapon swap key is a huge quality of life improvement. That's the only reason to use 4 Pens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info