PATH of DC

Either post the information that the stickies, and Fitzy asked you too, or you aren't going to get any help.

Sitting here whining like a 4 year old that didn't get a cookie isn't doing you, or anyone else who may want to try and help, any freakin good.

Grow up, pay attention to your own thread, and maybe someone will help, otherwise have fun sitting here acting like a tool and continuing to have your problems.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Guys, as other poster said, if you keep getting dc try setting your network to lockstep in the UI options. This helped me a lot almost eliminating the problem.
Dear GGG

How about this to help people whit low pcs and internets and hardware:

1 - People Afk in citys, Disconet they when stay alot of times afk !

2 - How about, wen firist time load, enter in HO and not city ? alots of MTX in city ever make DC to players.

3 - Elder / Guardians Fight = Why wen you die you need to go city and not to your HO as the rest of maps you make ???

4 - im try all options, use 2 diferents internets, diferents gatways, other pc, other video card, and Dc for me and alots friends and peoples still stay here !

Path of Exile is a Great Game, as Diablo 2, but DC makes to im and others players Leave this game, if stay so..

Robimau
Hunters Guild Leader ( 150 Playes )
I have been getting these disconnects for well over a year, maybe close to two years! It's very frustrating. It happens when i try to enter a different zone, log in, connect to my HO, enter a new zone, enter a second level of the same zone, enter a map portal...
I cant run maps because i know it will be a wasted map.

BUT, for technical purposes and hopefully be a productive post:
I play at two different locations (home and work.) And these disconnects ONLY ever happen at work, where i am behind a firewall and network filter. They never happen at home, where I am not behind a firewall or network filter. So, it seems the game uses different ports or something to connect to different zones and areas. And some of these ports the game is trying to access may be blocked by my firewall or network filter. Why not just use one port GGG (if that's the issue?)

If I Ctrl-Click an instance that has been disconnecting me, it usually works and lets me enter a new instance of an area.

I do wonder if everyone having these DC issues that are game-breaking are behind some type of firewall or network filter blocking ports.

The lockstep method inside of UI-->Network DOES NOT work nor does the predictive method.

If, while I'm at work, I use the MTR and Connectivity Issue Primer (mentioned by Fitzy_GGG) when trying to connect to the Texas gateway, I get a "Unable to get RAW socket!" error.
Last edited by countinbiskitsyo on Apr 17, 2018, 3:05:00 PM
"

BUT, for technical purposes and hopefully be a productive post:
I play at two different locations (home and work.) And these disconnects ONLY ever happen at work, where i am behind a firewall and network filter. They never happen at home, where I am not behind a firewall or network filter. So, it seems the game uses different ports or something to connect to different zones and areas. And some of these ports the game is trying to access may be blocked by my firewall or network filter. Why not just use one port GGG (if that's the issue?)

Path of Exile uses the following ports:

When you're connected to the game using the client, you'll only ever connect to 6112 (game traffic) or 20481 (login server traffic).
Thanks for reply Fitzy_GGG!
Then it seems like it would still have something to do with network traffic wouldn't it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info