[3.2]Farrul's Flicker - Blink like a cat | Tanky | Insane clear speed | Perm charges

Build Summary

This is a Flicker Strike build that utilizes a combination of Terminus Est and Aspect of the Cat for permanent charge sustain. We use Farrul's fur and Farrul's Bite as our primary items to build around. I can't express to you how fun this build is to play, and how the normally annoying aspects of Flicker Strike are mitigated because of our item choices. Tired of trying to generate those first charges and just sitting around when they run out? Tired of tanky bosses eating up all of your charges? Then play this build. I have been running T14/15 maps easily and having a blast. Did I mention this build is tanky? I have 88% evade chance with max attack AND spell dodge. I'm sitting around 700k dps currently, so not too shabby in that department either. We don't get hit often as everything we hit is constantly blinded. Onto the good stuff!

Build Mechanics

The idea behind the build is utilizing aspect of the cat for permanent power and frenzy charge sustain. We gain aspect of the cat through Farrul's Bite, which also gives us 20% chance to blind on hit and 50% more damage vs blinded enemies. We use Sins rebirth for the massive damage boost from Unholy might as well as the smoke cloud which synergies with the build. Trickster gives us 100% mana reservation for 4 aura's considering you get to cast leap slam and flicker strike for no mana cost because they are movement skills. Ghost Dance and Escape Artist boosts our defenses massively, and makes it fairly easy to hit max evade and dodge/spell dodge using acrobatics+phase acro. So basically just blink around and blind everything, making for an extremely safe flickering experience.

Pros/Cons

Pros
- Extremely fast mapping.
- 700k+ dps.
- Tankier than the usual flicker builds.
- You never run out of charges. Ever.
- Can do most map mods.
- Is extremely fun.
- Very viable vs most bosses because of blind.

Cons
- Flicker can take you strange places
- Sometimes have to backtrack for loot
- Some bosses can be difficult with flicker if you need to dodge mechanics
- Cannot do no leech or phys reflect maps. Just turn off hatred for ele reflect.
- Farrul's Fur is currently 7-8 exalt..so not a good starter build/budget friendly build.

Pob+Skill Tree

PathofBuilding pastebin: https://pastebin.com/7yYwbwBv

Level 95 Tree

My Gear

The necessary items for this build include: Terminus Est(you will want a high or perfect crit chance roll), Farrul's Fur, Farrul's Bite, and Sin's Rebirth. The flask is not necessary for the build to work, but makes it much safer. Other items can be filled out with rares. You'll want two ilvl84 steel rings ideally, and some form of int somewhere on your gear to level your crit strike gem. The +1 Frenzy Atziri's Step are really nice for this build and very cheap atm. For flasks I would just use these exact flasks, though you could swap atziri's with taste of hate if you were so inclined.

Gems/Links

Flicker: Flicker Strike--Increased Critical Strikes--Melee Splash--Ruthless--Multistrike--Melee Physical Damage
Use Melee Physical Damage as your 5th link and Ruthless as your 6th link.

Auras: Aspect of the Cat(free from chest/helm)--Herald of Ash--Vaal Grace--Artic Armor--Hatred

Totem: Ancestral Warchief--Blind--Blood Magic--Melee Physical Damage--Faster Attacks--Conc effect

Movement skill: Leap Slam--Faster Attacks--Fortify

CWDT set-up: Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 1)--Immortal Call(lvl 3)--Summon Ice Golem(lvl 3)

Leveling

I've made some leveling trees below, but for the most part you just take all the good unique leveling axes and use cleave -> sunder -> cyclone and then cyclone until you can use Terminus est for Flicker Strike. Cyclone will be free with your normal lab and is very easy to level with. Unique axes would be limbsplit -> wideswing -> edge of madness -> cauterizer. For Ascendancies we take Weave the Arcane first(makes cyclone/flicker free) -> Swift Killer -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist.

18 points
41 points
79 points
96 points
Final

Ascendancy/Pantheons/Bandits

For our Ascendancy we are going to want to take: Weave the Arcane -> Swift Killer -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist

Weave the Arcane lets us reserve 100% of our mana and cast flicker for free, as well as giving us 20% attack speed. Swift killer nets us 60% increased damage from our charges, +1 to power and frenzy charges and more charge generation. Ghost Dance and Escape Artist synergize well with the fact that we blind everything, and push us into going evade/dodge as our primary defense. It also grants stun immunity for the first time you are hit, which is nice enough for us to not have to worry about taking brine king.

For our Pantheons we want: Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Shakari for the nice addition dodge and evade chance, and chaos resists/poison immunity.

For Bandits you want to take Alira. The crit multi is great and the resists are nice, and at level 95 any jewel socket is three points away so the two points from kill all don't help much.

I plan to add a lot more to this guide if enough people show interest, so make sure and ask any questions if you have them! Have fun blinking away exiles. You can watch me play occasionally at https://www.twitch.tv/hylian88

~Hylian

Last edited by HylianSage on Apr 17, 2018, 8:16:03 PM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2018, 4:36:09 AM
"
Pros

I'm confused, where and how are you quickly mapping? From what I saw the only splash you had was overkill from Herald of Ash and Melee Splash on your Flicker Strike.

EDIT:

What's the significance of Terminus Est for this build? 10% MS? PoB has several other 2hd uniques producing more DPS, Doomsower @10% for starters.

I don't mean to be too critical, I'm new to the game...But this build doesn't seem very productive.
Last edited by Getsmurfed on Mar 29, 2018, 10:35:38 PM
"
Getsmurfed wrote:
"
Pros

I'm confused, where and how are you quickly mapping? From what I saw the only splash you had was overkill from Herald of Ash and Melee Splash on your Flicker Strike.

EDIT:

What's the significance of Terminus Est for this build? 10% MS? PoB has several other 2hd uniques producing more DPS, Doomsower @10% for starters.

I don't mean to be too critical, I'm new to the game...But this build doesn't seem very productive.

Did you watch the videos? Flicker maps insanely quickly because you fly through the mobs faster than you could leap or run through them, so you attack faster than you could move with most other builds. Especially in dense maps, you'll just fly through everything. Every flicker build is amazing at mapping, it's one of the main appeals of the build. You could take melee splash out of the build and it would still be insanely fast with only single target.

For your second question, Terminus Est is used because it gives Frenzy charge on Crit. Flicker strike expends a frenzy charge to reset its cooldown, which allows you to spam it infinitely assuming you have the mosters and charges to do so, and is what makes it so fast in general. There are not many options for flicker weapons, you can use Oro's which gives you frenzy on ignite, or you can use Kitavas feast which gives you frenzy on bleed..point is the only way to sustain the frenzy charges is with one of these weapons.

Hope that helped!
Hey, i'd like to know how your build performs vs lategame content like red tier elder/shaper/guardians etc etc, i'm playing an RF build atm but it's getting boring.
Also, taste of hate not needed ?
Thanks in advance
"
callthecops wrote:
Hey, i'd like to know how your build performs vs lategame content like red tier elder/shaper/guardians etc etc, i'm playing an RF build atm but it's getting boring.
Also, taste of hate not needed ?
Thanks in advance

I have done all guardians, not attempted shaper though I'm sure it would be fine..it's just that Flicker as a skill is not generally suited for bossing. You will never really see a flicker bossing build because you don't have enough control over you character while using the attack to dodge certain mechanics. The damage and tankiness are there to do those, and you could just use cyclone instead of flicker, but in general this build is meant for very fast mapping for all tiers. I've been farming t14-16 with it, and mostly doing bosses on my whispering ice build. Taste of hate is perfectly fine/good instead of atziri's, but I prefer atziris and it's cheaper so *shrugs*. It's not needed.

Edit: Added a video vs Hydra if you're interested in what it looks like vs guardians. I was bad an ran into a ball at the very end, but you get the idea lol. https://youtu.be/oNK-U74_fKo
And here's a video of a normal map boss if you want to see map boss killing speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOCHLN5VF0
Last edited by HylianSage on Mar 31, 2018, 2:36:17 PM
Hey thanks for your answer ! I've decided to follow your guide and it works really well, i'm lvl 85 right now, i've done T13 core corrupted with sextants deathless, blind mechanics is so op, gives alot of survivability

Also gz for the hydra kill, saw your death on his last hp, kinda unlucky, culling strike can be a good option on totem !

[Edit]
I made a few changes with the gems setup, removed artic armor, i use instead Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + warlord's mark + onslaught, clear speed is even more insane !
Last edited by callthecops on Apr 1, 2018, 11:39:14 AM
Glad to hear you're enjoying the build! Hearld of ice is indeed good and fun haha. The blind is probably the most fun part of the build, having max dodge/spell dodge and high evade while blinding everything is just insanely strong. I can't really image playing a flicker build without farruls now, but there are a lot of build options I haven't explored yet with other classes using these two items

Can you do a leveling tree please?
Hello.
I'd suggest maybe updating the "Cons" section to include "Expensive"

You can't find a farrul's for less than 8ex right now, and that is the backbone of the build.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
"
JustPvP1990 wrote:
Can you do a leveling tree please?

Been busy today with my gf's birthday, but I'll work on some trees tomorrow!

"
Eep wrote:
I'd suggest maybe updating the "Cons" section to include "Expensive"

You can't find a farrul's for less than 8ex right now, and that is the backbone of the build.

Good point. I bought mine for 5ex, I guess people are realizing how insane the item is haha. Updated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info