Ascendancy Class Statistics

"
Fyndel wrote:
remove beserkers extra dmg taken, increase the warcry effect evenmore, remove all the rage degen good class then

I feel the same for Berserker, as I cannot come up with a lot of build ideas considering the huge disadvantage the degen provides. This is also the only Ascendency (not counting the Scion taking the Berserker) that gets a debuff (Rage degen & Carnage damage) next to its buffs. Thus, most of this Ascendency feels just like a regular Keystone, nowadays. Beforehand, I already thought that the concept behind "Aspect of Carnage" was lacking consistency in terms of Ascendency design, but with the recent changes, it feels more like GGG explicitly wants specific builds to stay away from this class - realising it in a rather overhasty manner. Not sure what meta the Berserker was part of, as I normally just theorycraft on my own, but I feel this drastic funneling towards specific builds in each of the available classes (not just Berserker) is getting more and more obvious and (for me personally) frustrating.

I really liked the initial concept of traveling around the whole skill tree, no matter the class you had chosen. Naturally, you started around an area of the tree you saw yourself ending up in, sure, but on the other hand you could also start from whatever character you liked from a role-playing perspective and just start your journey from here. And what did I love those skill tree resets, where you could simply try out a complete new build with your already leveled character if you did not had the time for a new one...
I think you should put to much weight in these statistics. Jugg and Champion are the most tanky classes of them all, Hierophant and Necro are also tanky and can either uses totems or minions as decoys so those top classes are the easiest choice for league starters.
I personally just wanted to use a elementalist because of some gamemechanics you changed. I wanted to try out the mastermind of discord interaction with all heralds and a strong spell, and it is a really fun build. Because of time I am only lvl86 so far but it is viable and good. I put the build in the forum;) (pulsar elementalist... sneaky add... and buy my stuff).
Overall the elementalist is fucking strong, you just need a way to find it and somehow combine different elements. It is not stupid head on one element damage like with the inquisitor, it needs a bit more thinking.
I also wanted a build for shield throw and had deadeye and gladiator in mind. And both are fun, but gladiator is a bit better in a conservative way with old style mellee attacks and counterattacks ;).

Edit: Because there are some people nagging about the Berserker and it also is quit low in the statistics. I think the intention of Berserker is to get a hugh buff in dps for a quit severe degen... I think you could try it with something like a RF build, but more like use a lot of Regen (over 5%) and Life combined with a lot of attacks per sec and leech... but yeah it need a bit more balancing...
Last edited by griffinzero on Mar 26, 2018, 2:19:16 PM
always good to know which builds streamers recommended. at least for those who didn't follow them in the first place.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Elementalist LUL
"
Elementalist LUL

Yea.

Just shows me more and more how beat-the-hell-down Witch classes are if they don't have a wall of flesh to protect their underwhelming survivability, on top of other non-Witch classes getting more bang for their buck with elements backed by Phys conversion.
Strange to me that Scion seems underrepresented given how awesome her Ascendant buffs were on the whole. I've been playing her a ton and loving it; but she was always my favorite character anyway from both an aesthetics and playstyle angle.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Elementalist LUL

Yea.

Just shows me more and more how beat-the-hell-down Witch classes are if they don't have a wall of flesh to protect their underwhelming survivability, on top of other non-Witch classes getting more bang for their buck with elements backed by Phys conversion.

Occultist feels fabulous at the moment as ES don't write witch off completely, I made my friend a very competitive shield throw build for Elementalist too, its niche but the possibilities are there it just takes a bit more digging than the standard ones its just kinda overshadowed by inquisitor.
When we get statistics like this, I always wonder how many of the top classes have been fed by a "second" or "third" character.

Example: In Harbingers, I played my first character as a Berserker to 90 and then played a second character as a Juggernaut to 90 (as I wanted to compare the two... damage/leach vs endurance).

So statistically, I added +1 to both Berserker and Juggernaut but my primary character for the league (the one I picked at the beginning) was Berserker.

If you get 100,000 players who ran a variety of classes for their first character but then 50,000 of them pick Juggernaut for their second character, then at least 25% (50,000+ of 200,000) of the characters would be Juggernauts.

I would like to know the percentage of "account's first character to level 70+ or 90+", in addition to these simple totals. Which class did people jump on out of the gate (based on pre-league hype, or to fill their stash with currency or to speed through leveling)?

Regardless, I always like seeing this kind of information. Thanks for sharing GGG!
make es viable again
"
johnnyh2 wrote:
When we get statistics like this, I always wonder how many of the top classes have been fed by a "second" or "third" character.

Good point. Same with "league starters"
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info