[3.2] Ethical Budget Crit Ele Wander for MAPPING WIP

Video:

Intro:

Hi, I wanted to share a crit ele wander I made as an assassin. I've rolled numerous wanders (because it's my favorite build) in the past as pathfinder, raider, inquisitor, and saboteur but chose to make an assassin this league due to the ascendancy changes appearing to make assassin as one of the best mapping classes for wander.

DISCLAIMER: This build is mainly focused on mapping i.e. getting our build to optimally run as quickly as possible through maps and 1-shot every monster on the map, while building barrage strong enough to kill any larger monsters that KB cannot kill such as rares, map bosses, and other uniques.

This build was NOT designed to kill end-game bosses like elder/shaper/guardians/uber atziri, however it CAN be done, just not with this gear and budget. You're almost certain to die and lose XP if you try those encounters with this DPS and HP. In order to do higher tier content, you need to tank up on defense while boosting barrage single target which will take a lot more $$$, which is outside the scope of this build, BUT you can easily farm all of that currency by running maps and trading.

If you want to farm bosses a few (expensive) changes will have to be made which take this build out of budget territory that I will go over briefly at the end of this guide.

If you enjoy watching screen full of mobs shatter into ice with the satisfying crit sound, then this is going to be a fun build to try out and it won't break the bank.

MF setup can also be accomplished, but that is on YOU to decide how you want to do it i.e. ventor's gamble, sadimas, goldwyrm, and YES your clear speed is obviously going to take a hit, but you'll be making more money due to it, so it's worth it, but I don't enjoy playing with IIQ because I prefer speed so I don't run any IIQ.

Assassin is one of the strongest wander classes due to the extremely high crit chance you gain from your ascendancy.

This essentially allows you to run sub-optimal/unpopular wander gear. Items like devoto's devotion and marylene's fallacy are considered bad items by other wander classes but using them for assassin grants you almost no downside and all upside as I will explain.

Ethically budget?
Spoiler

You'll need a 6 link at some point in the game to get your barrage to do respectable damage. You CAN use a tabula, but I would rather run in a 5L with life/res

Ethically budget means we aim for a target goal I.E. mapping and focus the gear on that. For all intents and purposes, my build can clear all maps but it shines at white/yellow maps in terms of speed and efficiency. I can clear maps in about 1-2 min depending on the layout and chain run maps.

Gear:
Spoiler

Explanation:
Spoiler

Marylene's fallacy gives a stupidly high amount of crit multi. This amulet alone gives you more crit multi than most builds are able to get with gear and passives. The downside is obvious. 40% less crit is awful, but the ascendancy Ambush and Assassinate gives you 100% more crit chance when your enemies are on full life and 100% more when they are on low life. When we run around and throw KB, everyone is on full life, combined with a diamond flask our effective crit chance should be somewhere between 85-90% on the initial hit. This is GREAT for mapping, where our goal is to kill monsters on the 1st hit.

Devoto's devotion gives the most movespeed for a helm, but is usually not used by wanders due to the lack of crit chance. Rat's nest is usually the go-to item, but crit chance is not as important to our build so this allows us to use devotos for the superior movespeed for moving around maps.

Piscator's and thunderfist are BIS for wanders on a budget.

Abyssal belt/Bubonic is BIS for the jewel slot.

Abyssal jewels are BIS for our build. Aim for flat damage and life, or pure flat damage. It scales insanely well with piscators + our crit multiplier.

I use faster attacks as the 6th link on barrage because I don't like slower projectiles. GMP is another valid link but I don't like the high mana multiplier.

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/MU2mbYKy

This build is considered complete at level 86. From there to 94, grab Arcing blows and the 2 jewel slots which take 3 points to path to. They will grant the largest boost to your KB and also have the potential to boost your life the most.

End-game Boss killing:
Spoiler

Remove marylene's for a flat damage, crit multi, life amulet which will probably cost you an exalt+
Get a +1 barrage helm and dying sun. 8-10ex
replace thunderfist for insanity crafted gripped gloves. 1+ exalt
Replace piscators with flat damage, crit multi, and IAS wand. 10-20+ex

The passive tree will also have to be reworked. You'll need to grab the crit multi nodes which you skipped over before now that you're not using marylene's. Most likely, this will have to come from dropping 2 jewel slots.
Last edited by ironstove on Apr 16, 2018, 10:11:38 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2018, 9:29:04 PM
Looks like an interesting build, could you elaborate a bit more on the gem setup?
"
nekubg wrote:
Looks like an interesting build, could you elaborate a bit more on the gem setup?

Not very much to elaborate on, just your standard wander setup. My links aren't completed yet, because I don't have enough strength on the char to wear immortal call, so if I did I would put cwdt-immortal call-inc duration

4-link something like oos - coh - ele weak - pcoc

LMK if you got anything else you want to know.
I have the same motives for a character and will definitely give this a shot! What do you recommend for say a 5 link body? Or would you just recommend grabbing a tabula? I got a QoTF 5 link I'd want to try with this I think. Also what's your opinion on VAal pack and also getting phase acrobatics?
Last edited by Darkmatterr on Mar 29, 2018, 1:59:02 PM
"
ironstove wrote:
"
nekubg wrote:

Not very much to elaborate on, just your standard wander setup. My links aren't completed yet, because I don't have enough strength on the char to wear immortal call, so if I did I would put cwdt-immortal call-inc duration

I am running almost the exact same setup as you are, been digging through PoB and can't figure out how come build there shows up 75% crit chance and 91% effective, where mine is 18% - effective 25%. Can give you PoB link if needed, or you can check my account, char: SpectralNuke
Last edited by nekubg on Apr 4, 2018, 9:17:49 AM
"
ironstove wrote:
"
nekubg wrote:

Still working on this build?
I finished the build, got bored after farming a lot and respecced to trickster to try out RF/SR.

You can link your POB if you want, I'll take a look at it and see why your crit chance is so low.

Only showing 20% crit chance seems wrong. Make sure you have 'uses power charges' check marked on your configuration tab as well as 'is enemy on full life?'
Last edited by ironstove on Apr 12, 2018, 9:01:40 PM
"
Darkmatterr wrote:
I have the same motives for a character and will definitely give this a shot! What do you recommend for say a 5 link body? Or would you just recommend grabbing a tabula? I got a QoTF 5 link I'd want to try with this I think. Also what's your opinion on VAal pack and also getting phase acrobatics?

5-link rare body armour with life/res should be the target goal. No need for unique 5-link, it doesn't provide much benefit and only increases the cost to run.

Regarding vaal pact, I think it's not needed. You're be able to tank big monsters fine with acrobatics + the stibnite flask + basalt.

I would only use vaal pact for an end-game build where you are fighting much stronger monsters.

Phase acrobatics is a waste of points IMO. You can get it and try it out, but I recommend you try just acrobatics first before you spec into it to see if you feel you really need it. Getting phase acro will probably drop your damage by about 10-15% depending on where you are pulling the points from.
What's about HC? Viable?
"
tooezzz wrote:
What's about HC? Viable?

No. Too squishy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info