[3.2] Ethical Budget Crit Ele Wander for MAPPING WIP

Hi, I started the league as an Assassin wander too as I figured the ascendancy changes would make it a great budget starter with somewhat cheaper end game options than the Ranger variants.

You can see my pretty well geared end game version on my character page or in PoB: https://pastebin.com/S1KTdAbZ

I have no past experience with wanders so I can't really compare to other variants but gotta say it feels really good and smooth to play. You also have a nice sense of progression as you will notice and feel every upgrade. Contrary to common belief that wanders are expensive, they really are not, Shroud of the Lightless is probably my most expensive item and it currently costs about 2ex. I replaced Piscator's with faster and higher crit wand which I bought for 2ex, not really that much better than Piscator's but feels better, 1c Piscator's will destroy everything just fine. Devoto with Barrage enchant is around 1ex atm, got mine for 50c. Everything else is self-found and crafted. Dying Sun is not that necessary at all, managed my first three Shaper runs just fine without it, before getting one dropped myself. Used Vinktar's with attacks before that. Dying Sun will be well worth it tho.

Sitting at pretty comfortable 5,5k life at lvl 95, you won't really get in dangerous situations during regular mapping in red maps, Guardians with nasty map mods will sometimes get you killed as we are using Point blank so you will get hit hard sometimes, and as OP said, Vaal Pact becomes mandatory on higher content. The Build definitely can be HC viable, damage will be more than enough to kill Shaper(haven't tried Uber Elder, never died to red Elder) with fewer damage nodes, for example the Witch area wanding nodes can be turned into life nodes and another jewel socket, with Assassin and Lycosidae you don't really need any of those points anymore. Switching to higher HP helmet for T16+ is good option which I've considered, just the price of Barrage enchants on Starkonja's and good bases has turn me off so far, for HC you definitely do that. My jewels generally have pretty low life rolls which can be upgraded to gain another 100-150 flat life. You could easily hit something like 6500 life with more defensive options, but that's going to throw the budget out of the window.

Oh, and another great thing with Assassin, which eventually led me to choose it over other classes, is that it lets you run ele reflect maps, you will clear pack with one KB cast and you have 100% more chance to crit against full life targets. Wearing the reflect ring and pantheon will further provide you safety, I haven't died once to elemental reflect map.

Sorry OP for stealing your thread, but saw you quit the build so thought I could chime in.:) Feel free to ask any questions here or in game.
Last edited by NikulanJone on Apr 17, 2018, 10:56:51 AM
I am trying this SSF. A new challenge :)

Will update on progress when I get there
I want a Ninja armor for my shadow.

I like Turtles.
Played a similar build in HC this league and hit level 92

If anyone needs any help making this in HC let me know.

YTwoWand on my profile.

Last edited by SlickRick_ on May 3, 2018, 9:29:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info