[3.2] Assassin Wander! Atz, U-Atz, Shaper, Elder, U-Elder viable!

Hi! After playing Queenliness Wanderfinder back in Harbinger league I really enjoyed wanders. Crit chance was never enough for me so I came up with an idea of Assassin version of the build.
Currently achieved 2kk dps against shaper but there is TONS of room to upgrade.

1. PoB codes
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/EDCwF945

2. Videos
Spoiler
Coming soon

3. Trees
Spoiler

All trees are in PoB as well.
30 points

60 points

80 points

100 points

Level 91

Level 100

4. Current gear
Spoiler

5. Gear explanation and possible swaps
Spoiler

5.1 Helmet
Spoiler

Definitely best-in-slot helmet for that build. Two additional sockets bursts our dps and life.
Other options are Rat's Nest and Starkonja.

5.2 Chest
Spoiler

Additional socket, easy 6 link (you have to make just a 5 link to achieve 6 link) also synergize with our jewels.
If you miss movement speed Queen of the Forest is a good option and will perform as well as Shroud of the Lightless.

5.3 Weapon
Spoiler

Piscator is cheap and very good wand.
Best in slot would be Shaper influenced Imbued Wand. Once you complete all gear and get really good jewels you can craft it on your own. Later I'll update this section so stay tuned!

5.4 Off-hand
Spoiler

Best-in-slot shield but unfortunatelly not the cheapest one. If you can't afford Lyco stick to Esh's Mirror or just a rare shield but you will lose a lot of dps because of lack of accuracy.

5.5 Gloves
Spoiler

Intimidate, attack speed, life, 2 jewels. All we need in just one gloves.
Other options are well rolled Gripped Gloves - life, attack speed, res or Thunderfist.

5.6 Belt
Spoiler

My Stygian Vise is pretty bad tbh. Seek for life, WED, resists.

5.7 Jewellery
Spoiler
Amulet with Life > Crit Multi > Flat Lightning Dmg > WED > Lightning Dmg > Crit Chance. Just look for the stats above in posted order. 2-3 offensive stats are enough.
Best-in-slot rings would be opal with Flat Lighting Dmg > WED > Life > Resists but you can stick to just other rare ring with Life, Res and even crafted Flat Lightning Dmg.

5.8 Boots
Spoiler
Just stick to rare boots with life, res and movement speed. If you can cap your resists you can use Bubonic Trail.
Other option are Blood Dance boots - just in case you hate to use Frenzy skill gem to get Frenzy Charges but again you will have problems with resists.

5.9 Flasks
Spoiler

Obvious choice. 2 additional projectiles are just too op to not use this flask.
As we aren't immune to Elemental Ailiments we can't use Vinkar so this is our choice of DPS flask. On top of DPS we get some life leech which is very good addition.
With Diamond Flask you can achieve sweet 99.75% crit chance (according to PoB). Roll it with either Freeze or Bleed immunity. Prefix is up to you but I'd prefer 20% chance to gain charge on crit or increased duration.
Our deffensive flask. Basalt or Stibnite are also good options - up to you. Roll it with Freeze or Bleed immunity depending on which you rolled on your Diamond Flask. Preffix same as Diamond Flask.
More clearspeed, safer positioning in boss fights - obvious choice.

6. Pantheon, enchants, ascendancies, bandits
Spoiler

6.1 Pantheon
Spoiler
My personal choices are:
Soul of Brine King - to not get stun locked
Soul of Gruthkul - some additional physical protection

6.2 Enchants
Spoiler

6.2.1 Helmet
Spoiler
Obviously +1 Barrage Projectile

6.2.2 Boots
Spoiler
1-160 Lightning Damage if you haven't kill recently - additional boss dmg.
You can as well get #% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you have killed recently.

6.2.3 Gloves
Spoiler
Up to you but I'd rather get Ele Weakness on hit corruption but it can be very expensive.

6.3 Ascendancies
Spoiler
Unstable Infusion -> Deadly Infusion -> Opportunistic/Ambush and Assassinate -> Opportunistic/Ambush and Assassinate

6.4 Bandits
Spoiler
Kill' em all!!
If you have problems with resists you can choose Alira as well. On top of resists we can some Crit Multi.

7. Gem links
Spoiler

Chest:
If you use Shroud of the Lightless:
Barrage -> Elemental Damage with Attack -> Damage on Full Life -> Slower Projectiles -> Added Lightning Damage. If you don't feel well with Damage on Full life you can swap it to Faster Attacks or Increased Critical Damage.
If you use other chest:
Barrage -> Elemental Damage with Attack -> Damage on Full Life -> Slower Projectiles -> Added Lightning Damage -> Lightning Penetration.

Why no Elemental Focus? Because we want to be able to shock bosses.
Gloves:
Herald of Ice -> Onslaught

Helmet:
Curse on Hit -> Poacher's Mark

Shield:
Enlighten -> Empower -> Wrath

Boots:
Kinetic Blast -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Damage on Full Life -> Greater Multiple Projectiles
If you don't feel well with Damage on Full life you can swap it to Added Lightning Damage.

Wand:
Frenzy -> GMP
Ice Golem/Lightning Golem

8. Jewels
Spoiler

Obviously Searching Eye Jewels
Stats priority:
Life
Resist - only if you aren't capped
Lightning Damage to Wand Attacks
Lightning Damage to Attacks
Attack Speed if you've crit recently
Crit Multi

9. Leveling
Spoiler
Reach lvl 12 then switch to our leveling gear and get to level 71.

Use as well rare jewellery and belt with life, resists.
Gem setup:
Weapon 1: Unearth -> GMP -> Bodyswap (later on you'd better switch Bodyswap to Inc. Crit Strikes)
Weapon 2: Volatile Dead -> Added Cold Dmg -> Inc. Crit Strikes
Helmet/Boots/Gloves: Frenzy lv. 1 -> GMP -> Faster Attacks -> Culling Strike lv. 1
Other slots:
Golem and movement skill of your choice.

Note:
Build will be constantly updated as I progress with my gear.
Last edited by skylfer1993 on Mar 27, 2018, 7:14:12 AM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2018, 6:15:56 PM
Reserved!
Nice build man. Propably i check this.

PS. Nice szyja.
This looks really nice! I'm gonna give this a shot.

Do you think it would be an option to use either Farrul's Helm and Chest or at least the Chest and a crafted aspect of the cat? We would have 100% Frenzy Charge uptime and we'd get some other nice perks too.

Or is Lightpoacher and Elemental Penetration just too good to pass on?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Do you think it would be an option to use either Farrul's Helm and Chest or at least the Chest and a crafted aspect of the cat? We would have 100% Frenzy Charge uptime and we'd get some other nice perks too.

Honestly I've been considering Farrul's Chest with crafted aspect on a ring. Elemental Penetration is just like Lightning Penetration gem but it works for all elements. Unfortunatelly PoB cannot help us now but I think Shroud and Farrul's Fur should give same DPS but on the other hand we will lose some hp in exchange for 15% chance to avoid any dmg and that reduced visibility. I think it's more like personal choice here but I would stick to the Shroud.
Last edited by skylfer1993 on Mar 26, 2018, 4:42:58 PM
"
skylfer1993 wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Honestly I've been considering Farrul's Chest with crafted aspect on a ring. Elemental Penetration is just like Lightning Penetration gem but it works for all elements. Unfortunatelly PoB cannot help us now but I think Shroud and Farrul's Fur should give same DPS but on the other hand we will lose some hp in exchange for 15% chance to avoid any dmg and that reduced visibility. I think it's more like personal choice here but I would stick to the Shroud.

I kinda have one sitting around, maybe I'll give it a shot. Do you think replacing Lightpoacher with Farrul's is an option? I have never played with Lightpoacher so it's kinda hard for me to say how good it actually is.
I will try that tomorrow my friend... :)
Giving this a go atm. at level 90 and i can not sustain mana for the life of me, whats wrong? This is my POB link https://pastebin.com/x51Qf0n4
What gems configuration in the wand my friend?...
"
Shigoru wrote:
Giving this a go atm. at level 90 and i can not sustain mana for the life of me, whats wrong? This is my POB link https://pastebin.com/x51Qf0n4

You forgot about mana leech point under Herbalism.

"
Madasan wrote:
What gems configuration in the wand my friend?...

Sorry forgot to add.. Frenzy + GMP and Ice/Lightning golem.

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
I kinda have one sitting around, maybe I'll give it a shot. Do you think replacing Lightpoacher with Farrul's is an option? I have never played with Lightpoacher so it's kinda hard for me to say how good it actually is.

You will lose 22% increased maximum life (also flat life from abyss jewel) in exchange for ~100 flat life which will definitely drag your hp pool down a lot. Depending on jewel you have had in a socket your DPS will stay same or get lower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info