Tired of ur T15 fragment "hard way getting" method, here is mine.

I hate trying to explain things on the internet, because people never understand. Here’s to futility.

There are two waves of memory fragments these days, and people are not being specific about which wave they are on, which is leading to tons of confusion.

It looks to me like this guy is talking about the piss easy first wave of fragments where all you have to do is chase the shaper into the atlas. He does not actually understand that people are getting annoyed by the second wave of fragments, which are rng gated. Unfortunately, it also seems like quite a few people don’t at all know about just how easy the first wave is, because they are buying in to the QQ threads too early. And the wiki does explain all this, albeit still confusing.

For the first 10 fragments, the shaper will always spawn inland from the elder. When a shaper map that is next to an elder map is cleared, the elder will take control, and the shaper moves up a tier. The method becomes very predictable and simple because of this behavior, even if tedious. Starting with the elder on a tier 5 map, defeat the shaper on the adjacent tier 6 map. The elder will then occupy said tier 6 map, and the shaper will have moved to the adjacent tier 7 map. The tedious part is actually collecting the fragment, as you need to clear the tier 6 map which now containes the fragment, which puts the shaper back on that map. To bump the shaper back up to tier 7, the tier 6 map must be cleared a third time to rid it of of its newly found shaper influence. Now the whole process needs to be repeated for tier 7 and on.

Once that whole process is chained all the way into tier 15 maps, the second, and far more painful wave begins. Now the elder or his guardians must be present on a map for the fragments to drop. This is where people are shitting bricks trying to get high tier elder spawns, and there is not a methodical way to guarantee success, though there is (or was) a fantastic bug that allowed full collection from one lucky spawn.

"
quicksixteen wrote:

It looks to me like this guy is talking about the piss easy first wave of fragments where all you have to do is chase the shaper into the atlas. He does not actually understand that people are getting annoyed by the second wave of fragments, which are rng gated. Unfortunately, it also seems like quite a few people don’t at all know about just how easy the first wave is, because they are buying in to the QQ threads too early. And the wiki does explain all this, albeit still confusing.

I dunno it all (because i am still chasing this since 3.1 so i can not know much ;-) but i can NOT believe GGG made such a Poopoo with a quest being unable to complete by 99% of the people, IMO there is a trick, i just feel it in my bones (jokes man....;-)

Anyways, some things he posted i have seen before on forums (but just a bit differently told).
What i mean is this part of his update " Ok. I'm explain better now. You can get fragments by doing your atlas progress naturally. Elder after his death can be force spawn at any point on map, all you need is run that point (clear maps near) until it spawn there." Yesterday i heared some1 doing T16 maps over and over again and Elder (forced?) spawned on T15. I simply can not test this because this quest cost me 20+EX already and i am bone dry atm on currency so i need to farm again for a year to buy T16 maps in bulk ;-) so i will be back over a year to post my findings ;-)

Ooooor some1 with currency plz try OP's stuff ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info