[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

In pob elemental focus adds 52% dps. The inpulsa saved in pob has 35% extra dmg if you’ve shocked recently. In-game I obtained an inpulsa with 49% extra dmg if you’ve shocked recently. I am unsure if the extra inpulsa damage can make up for the loss of elemental focus
"
Bender222 wrote:
Theorycrafting here. Could you slap increased duration and trap support in with vaal arc and be able to use it with shimmerons without killing yourself? You'd get the lucky buff plus 100% shock (double duration), plus not die if it crits.

Yes, you can.

"
Bender222 wrote:
In pob elemental focus adds 52% dps. The inpulsa saved in pob has 35% extra dmg if you’ve shocked recently. In-game I obtained an inpulsa with 49% extra dmg if you’ve shocked recently. I am unsure if the extra inpulsa damage can make up for the loss of elemental focus

YOU are not shocking anything. The buff will not apply.
Best DPS body armour is Soul Mantle. You will have a 7L ARC!

"
Llyrain wrote:
[...]we have even 40% increased shock in our standard setup, so we need to do only about 7% of max life for full shock effect - or a 0.7% for a 5% more damage.

Everything besides shaper and guardians will get fully shocked - and even everything not shock immune (does this exist anymore) will get shocked, at least with a high damage setup.

So for the high end people here, something really expensive: Kick out elemental focus, get a +1 gem level armor and a 4 enhance to replace it.

And shock everything not immune for the extra damage.

It's not a matter of chance to shock or critical hit (100% chance to shock), it's a matter of damage dealt.

From wiki:
"The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. [...] Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life."

--- Some numbers ---
EF setup deal an average hit of: 226 667

Let's replace EF with Power Charge On Critical (20/20). This is the best gem after EF.

Let's take Shaper's life: 20 190 261

We deal an average hit of: 188 852 (first hit)
this damage is 0.94% of shaper's life and will apply a shock of 7% increased damage (considered that ARC 20/20 has a +29% effect of shock and from tree +10% = +39% effect).

following hits will be: (188 852)+7% = 202 071
this damage is 1% of shaper's life and will still apply a shock of 7%.

Results:
EF = 226 667
PCoC + shock = 202 071

Vs "weaker" guardians (9 537 659 life) the DPS is quite the same of EF.

"
darkspawnbr wrote:
Does it have a way to dps check? How to know what to switch to get more dps beside shimmeron?

Path of Building (PoB).
"
Gegemo wrote:

"
Llyrain wrote:
[...]we have even 40% increased shock in our standard setup, so we need to do only about 7% of max life for full shock effect - or a 0.7% for a 5% more damage.

Everything besides shaper and guardians will get fully shocked - and even everything not shock immune (does this exist anymore) will get shocked, at least with a high damage setup.

So for the high end people here, something really expensive: Kick out elemental focus, get a +1 gem level armor and a 4 enhance to replace it.

It's not a matter of chance to shock or critical hit (100% chance to shock), it's a matter of damage dealt.

Path of Building (PoB).

Ok, the best builds here deal around 500k average damage (from POB). That's almost 1 million peak damage (since arc is a 1..x thing).

With 1 million damage you could shock the shaper (20 million hp) for round about 30% extra damage taken, when you don't have this elemental focus gem.

I haven't found a hit point / shock calculation in POB, you'll have to do it yourself.
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:

"
Llyrain wrote:

Path of Building (PoB).

Ok, the best builds here deal around 500k average damage (from POB). That's almost 1 million peak damage (since arc is a 1..x thing).

With 1 million damage you could shock the shaper (20 million hp) for round about 30% extra damage taken, when you don't have this elemental focus gem.

I haven't found a hit point / shock calculation in POB, you'll have to do it yourself.

I do like 550k damage (regular monsters) according to PoB, and honestly, I dont need shock at all, everything just die in one shot. I prefer the extra dps against huge bosses I wont shock anyway, because for me I dont care at all about shocking or not in regular play, it's almost the same because trash mobs die in one shot, and normal bosses almost too (most tier14-15 are just a couple seconds, or each sequential phase ends almost intant: basilica boss for example just recieve 2 hits and cast minions instantly, and that). So elemental focus for me I guess.

Even while using Elem focus, the idea of a +1 armour plus enhance is interesting though (though I dont know if empower maybe better). I will try some numbers in PoB this afternoon I guess, it deserves a look.

PS: the 500k or 1M damage is not damage per shot, its dps. Damage per shot is less. BTW Im not saying it will be imposible to shock shaper (because I dont know), I just mean that incase this is possible, it will be out of reach anyway for almost 90% if not more of playerbase. It would require really insane gear, I guess (may be wrong).
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 28, 2018, 9:28:52 AM
"
Valmar wrote:

PS: the 500k or 1M damage is not damage per shot, its dps. Damage per shot is less. BTW Im not saying it will be imposible to shock shaper (because I dont know), I just mean that incase this is possible, it will be out of reach anyway for almost 90% if not more of playerbase. It would require really insane gear, I guess (may be wrong).

I'm going for the really insane equip.
I loaded Groar, character Arc_bait into POB and simply switched on all potions.

He is using a Empower and no elemental focus already.

He has an insane 317k average damage, which results in 598k dps - so thats round about 600k for a good crit on the upper range of arc.

Against shaper that's 3% of total life - arc itself has 30% increased shock, 10% from tree so it's round about 20% more damage against shaper from shock effect - the next big crit increases this to 25%.

Not too bad.
Cool, interesting at least!

Another question. About helm enchantment. I compare +1 arc chain and +40% damage, and looks similar. But in PoB it says +1 is a bit better. But ingame it looks the +40% is better. Which is right?

I find less kill speed against bosses with +1 after a couple maps, but could be just my imagination. Is +1 better for mobs and +40% better for bosses?
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:

I'm going for the really insane equip.
I loaded Groar, character Arc_bait into POB and simply switched on all potions.

He is using a Empower and no elemental focus already.

He has an insane 317k average damage, which results in 598k dps - so thats round about 600k for a good crit on the upper range of arc.

Against shaper that's 3% of total life - arc itself has 30% increased shock, 10% from tree so it's round about 20% more damage against shaper from shock effect - the next big crit increases this to 25%.

Not too bad.

https://pastebin.com/bXs95yQY

Thats my PoB with my usual setup with 8 curses On (you usually spam totem on shaper/uber elder so you get even more), gem links for pure dmg, no faster casting.

PoB still shows "For shock to apply, target must have no more than 9,7mil life" so I still can't shock shaper or guardians. I'm not sure if PoB counts towards full 50% more dmg shock, I wonder If I can still apply lower shock that will increase with each hit coz I can clearly see shock effect on minotaur ;p

@Valmar +1 Arc gives more dps by about 2% (4,4% vs 6,6% in my build) even vs single targets it just doesn't show on your tooltip in game.
Last edited by groar on Jun 28, 2018, 8:10:55 PM
"
groar wrote:

@Valmar +1 Arc gives more dps by about 2% (4,4% vs 6,6% in my build) even vs single targets it just doesn't show on your tooltip in game.

Just what I wanted to hear. I supposed that PoB was more accurate, but better to be sure.

In other words, just reached 96 for first time ever, and also got this chanced:

I'm very happy, cant wait to farm more to buy an atziri reflection and change my setup with mark of the shaper etc.

Thanks!

Another silly question: dont you use Kaom Roots for Uber Elder?

And one observation: if you remove empower on your setup, and other gems, and use the gems the OP said (added lightning, etc), your dps increase a lot, I dont know what I am missing, but goes from 700k to almost 1M if you use:

controlled
added lightning
elemental focus
light pene
power charge on critical (or faster casting for comodity with a little less fps).

I think this is better with your setup, at least in PoB.
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 28, 2018, 8:50:35 PM
Was bored last night and vaaled my chest, I guess it could be worse. Also I finally gave in and changed to a shimmeron, plus a few other minor changes. Still working on enchants, next level I will spec into final power charge and then more crit nodes.

https://pastebin.com/5wq8FsAz
"
groar wrote:
[...] PoB still shows "For shock to apply, target must have no more than 9,7mil life" so I still can't shock shaper or guardians. I'm not sure if PoB counts towards full 50% more dmg shock, I wonder If I can still apply lower shock that will increase with each hit coz I can clearly see shock effect on minotaur ;p

As far as I know, PoB, calculate shock effect and treshold as it's a full 50% effect. This is not always the case (Guardians, Shaper).

To calculate how much shock you will apply and how much it will add to next hit and shock and so on you have to do it yourself. It's not that hard:

- Shaper's life: 20 190 261
- Weaker guardians' life: 9 537 659
- Average hit vs Shaper/Guardian: ??
- Calculate % of life lost with the first hit by the enemy
- That correspond to a shock of (check wiki's for more info): ??
- Power up the shock effect by +x% from items/gems etc...
- Calculate next hit adding the shock effect
- Repeat until the % of life lost will not increase the shock effect (probably 2/3 hits)
- Compare with EF setup

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info