[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

playing with POB and I see that malachais awakening iron mask adds a whopping 20% dps. we cannot use that though because essence worm would not function with wrath would it?
"
Bender222 wrote:
playing with POB and I see that malachais awakening iron mask adds a whopping 20% dps. we cannot use that though because essence worm would not function with wrath would it?

lol, blood magic ;)
Hi guys,

i got some ex after hardcore farming burial chamber. atm i try to buy similar items to the really expensite item showcast of groar.

i got a lvl 4 empower. should i always use it in my mantle? I think power charg on crit gem is only for bosses or also for clearing maps?

What gems in the mantle do you pref for mapping and what for bosses?
Also, Pob puts increased crit strikes at slightly more dps than added lightning. I am also showing a high enough dps increase using shroud of the lightless to make using it over soul mantle if you wanted to avoid the curses from soul mantle. plus more life/mana and abyss socket/sockets. nevermind, remembered that abys sockets take up gem socket slot.
Last edited by Bender222 on Jun 27, 2018, 3:47:38 PM
Guys, remember each character is different, and when you check PoB you should mark charges, buffs, flasks, etc, etc, etc.

Also depending on your gems level, crit chance total, crit multiplier, spell damage, etc, etc , etc, for some players one gem can be more dps than for others. And that can change a couple levels later.

I will always use arc + faster casting + lightning penetration because for me they are mandatory; the other 3 gems are whichever gives more dps. In my case and the current moment with my gear it is like OP: elemental focus, controlled destruction and added lightning, they all 3 give me more damage than a 4 empower, or power charge on crit, or increased critical strikes or crit damage.

If I change gear or a gem goes to level21, or something like that, or I change some nods in trees or jewels, losing crit, winning multiplier or whatever, I will check PoB again to see if a different combination is more dps. It is not set in stone, specially while leveling with different gears.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 27, 2018, 5:10:20 PM
Theorycrafting here. Could you slap increased duration and trap support in with vaal arc and be able to use it with shimmerons without killing yourself? You'd get the lucky buff plus 100% shock (double duration), plus not die if it crits.
"
Voar wrote:
I absolutely hate dealing with the curses from soul mantle. Is an Inpulsa a decent option for this build?

Same here..no idea how to handle it. I keep dying even with the flasks.. This might be too high maintenance for me..
The problem with Inpulsa is all the buffs rely on shock. With elemental focus on arc the only source would be a vaal gem setup. Elemental focus is the biggest dps boosting gem we have.
Does it have a way to dps check? How to know what to switch to get more dps beside shimmeron?
"
Bender222 wrote:
Elemental focus is the biggest dps boosting gem we have.

That's the question - we have even 40% increased shock in our standard setup, so we need to do only about 7% of max life for full shock effect - or a 0.7% for a 5% more damage.

Everything besides shaper and guardians will get fully shocked - and even everything not shock immune (does this exist anymore) will get shocked, at least with a high damage setup.

So for the high end people here, something really expensive: Kick out elemental focus, get a +1 gem level armor and a 4 enhance to replace it.

And shock everything not immune for the extra damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info