[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Damezumari wrote:
"
boozee wrote:
could someone tell me why the passive tree have so much crit % and crit multiplier %, but the support gem we use is controlled destruction with 100% reduced crit chance?

reduced chance is inverse of increased chance; e.g. I have something like +400% increased in my current tree/gear so -100% means it is just +300%; I think out of the box I have 25% critrate right now without power charges or other bonuses. In the wild it is 35%-ish I think.

ahhh. thank you very much. I thought it meant 100% non crit. didn't know it meant just subtracting a flat 100%. thank you.
"
eminem wrote:
"
coaa wrote:
"
eminem wrote:
At what level did you guys start using only totems and not self cast?

Like as soon as I got a 4l up and going. It just made.....EVERYTHING more enjoyable. So I believe it was around the time I finished my first set of labs and could summon 2 totems. On the tree, I took my life nodes and rushed the 3rd totem on the left side of tree. At this point, it was snoozefest cruise control all the way to maps.

I used spell totem > arc > light pen > up to you faster/controlled/ele focus. Faster makes it a tad smoother when blasting through zones. I would personally do faster, you don't want to drop your crit even more and you kinda wanna shock while leveling as it's pretty easy to shock the lower level stuff.

thanks for your fast reply. What kind of jewels should i be looking for?

I still haven't taken jewel slots, it'll be the last for me.. I currently only have 1 slot for the jewel he lists, forget the name the one that gives a lot of spell dmg with no mana reserved. Most likely:

Life

Dmg

Lightning %

Crit Multi

Lightning damage to spells or any other element, light being the best though. These will be abyss jewels though.

Cast Speed

Cast speed while dual wielding / holding a shield (if you go more defensive)

No particular order honestly. There is probably a lot more stats that would help but just a quick general list.
Last edited by coaa on Jun 5, 2018, 2:57:19 PM
Trying out this build. Love it. But I'm finding the curses from Soul Mantle to be really annoying. I've got 2 flasks with the curse removal/immune effect and it works pretty well to clear them. I was wondering though, with all these curses, would it be good to use a Self-Flagellation Jewel? Increasing your damage by 20% per curse on you. I sometimes have like 10 curses on me, wouldn't this be good?
Last edited by Seananigans_ on Jun 5, 2018, 3:41:24 PM
"
Trying out this build. Love it. But I'm finding the curses from Soul Mantle to be really annoying. I've got 2 flasks with the curse removal/immune effect and it works pretty well to clear them. I was wondering though, with all these curses, would it be good to use a Self-Flagellation Jewel? Increasing your damage by 20% per curse on you. I sometimes have like 10 curses on me, wouldn't this be good?

I mean - if you'd prefer to keep the curses on you then go for it. I prefer to get them off of me ASAP. I'm not sure how people are having such difficulty with keeping up with the curses. Your quicksilver should be your curse removal flask rolled with increased duration and 20% quality. As with 99% of the builds on this game, this flask should be up 99% of the time. You shouldn't have any curses on you if you do this.

If the curses are really that big of a deal keeping up with, check out the prophecy to upgrade atziri's mirror. The upgraded one makes curses do nothing to you but you lose some damage. Or you could use any number of other chests instead as well.
Last edited by coaa on Jun 5, 2018, 4:09:44 PM
"
coaa wrote:
"
eminem wrote:
What kind of jewels should i be looking for?

I still haven't taken jewel slots, it'll be the last for me.. I currently only have 1 slot for the jewel he lists, forget the name the one that gives a lot of spell dmg with no mana reserved. Most likely:

Life

Dmg

Lightning %

Crit Multi

Lightning damage to spells or any other element, light being the best though. These will be abyss jewels though.

Cast Speed

Cast speed while dual wielding / holding a shield (if you go more defensive)

No particular order honestly. There is probably a lot more stats that would help but just a quick general list.

Perfect answer.

I have added my rare jewels in 3.2 as example. Keep in mind that I usually search for jewels that cost max 20c. You can easly find something better.
"
coaa wrote:
"

I mean - if you'd prefer to keep the curses on you then go for it. I prefer to get them off of me ASAP. I'm not sure how people are having such difficulty with keeping up with the curses. Your quicksilver should be your curse removal flask rolled with increased duration and 20% quality. As with 99% of the builds on this game, this flask should be up 99% of the time. You shouldn't have any curses on you if you do this.

If the curses are really that big of a deal keeping up with, check out the prophecy to upgrade atziri's mirror. The upgraded one makes curses do nothing to you but you lose some damage. Or you could use any number of other chests instead as well.

You should avoid to keep curses on you. Not only because they lower your DPS (temporal chain, enfeeble) but mostly because they will get you killed.
Check FAQ section for a comparison with 2x kikazaru + self-flagellation.

As stated by coaa too you should not have any problem with a 20% quality flask "of Warding". I use an "Ample" prefix to have more usage.
Hey fellas, question up for debate and the answer may be just preference but here it goes,

I have been trying out different weapons until I can get double Shims and so far I do ABOUT the same dps ~13k per totem with dual wands, this is with both almost perfect moonsorrows or double rares with increased spell damage etc.

my next option would be double divinarius? that amount of crit MAY outweigh the spell damage? not sure and I would rather not spend 15c getting them just to see they arent worth it.

thoughts on this?
"
Novokaine187 wrote:
Hey fellas, question up for debate and the answer may be just preference but here it goes,

I have been trying out different weapons until I can get double Shims and so far I do ABOUT the same dps ~13k per totem with dual wands, this is with both almost perfect moonsorrows or double rares with increased spell damage etc.

my next option would be double divinarius? that amount of crit MAY outweigh the spell damage? not sure and I would rather not spend 15c getting them just to see they arent worth it.

thoughts on this?

Honestly I will save the chaos. Don't buy weapons, whatever you have is good with ARC.

I have played the whole 3.2 league with around 150k dps per totem. In 3.3 you will achieve this DPS with a 5L Soul Mantle and without any weapons.

I will probably use a dagger/scepter + shield (with shield charge + fortify) to farm Shaper until I drop my Shimmerons or until they drop to under 20c!
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
Novokaine187 wrote:

thoughts on this?

Honestly I will save the chaos. Don't buy weapons, whatever you have is good with ARC.

I have played the whole 3.2 league with around 150k dps per totem. In 3.3 you will achieve this DPS with a 5L Soul Mantle and without any weapons.

I will probably use a dagger/scepter + shield (with shield charge + fortify) to farm Shaper until I drop my Shimmerons or until they drop to under 20c!

Thanks Gegemo, I will stick to my rares, they are according to POB better than moonsorrows, tho I do kind of want to use shield charge I have no issues just spamming my quicksilver flask to get around.

Thanks!
Can anyone help with a poe.trade weapon search for a 30-80c budget, that'll be used before I can afford shimmeron?

Here's my current search, but i'm afraid i might be missing good damage mods. I'm also not sure what minimums to set for each mod

http://poe.trade/search/ikogitaniniito

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info