Bodyswap

Bodyswap appears to prioritize the bosses over the corpses when triggered. When using poets, it will trigger on the boss instead of the unearth that was fired earlier.

This causes bodyswap to basically just agro the boss and you sit on the boss instead of continue to move around. It does not prioritize the corpses.
Is it possible to make the damage scale with energy shield as well to be more useful for CI and hybrid characters?
Spoiler
Spoiler
Hello there,

I like the new Bodyswap, but is it possible,

Idea 1:
to make it that it can target a position, rather then target an enemy?

Idea 2:
and a second Idea, rather then "300% more Area of Effect if Consuming a corpse"
how about "for each consumed corpse in in radius Bodyswap gains +(1-2) to radius, up to a maximum of 10 corpses.

and+Idea 2.1:
"for each consumed corpse Bodyswap deals 2% more damage"

base statts:
Mana Cost: (10-25)
Cast Time: 0.75 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 100%
Explosion deals base Fire Damage equal to 5% of the corpse's Maximum Life
This Spell deals (10-50) to (200-500), plus 5% of your maximum Life, as base Fire Damage
Exposure applies -10% to Fire Resistance

thankyou

Update 1.1 new Idea
Hello there,

Idea 1: (StillSame)
to make it that it can target a position, rather then target an enemy?

Idea 2: (StillSame)
and a second Idea, rather then "300% more Area of Effect if Consuming a corpse"
how about "for each consumed corpse in in radius Bodyswap gains +(1-2) to radius, up to a maximum of 10 corpses.

and+Idea 2.1: (StillSame)
"for each consumed corpse Bodyswap deals 2% more damage"

base statts: (Changed)
Mana Cost: (9-22)
Cast Time: 0.73 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 110%
Explosion deals base Fire Damage equal to 4% of the corpse's Maximum Life
This Spell deals (10-30) to (100-200), plus 7% of your maximum Life and Energyshield, as base Physical Damage
(New)
Convert 30% of physical to fire Damage
; this would suit the Skill because if a body is swapped heat will be
Exposed, the other Body will be destroyed
(New)
Gain 20% of Physical as Extra Chaos Damage
; this would also suit the skill because its a Dark Themed skill wich is not just an fire skill.
Exposure applies -10% to 2 Resistance Types taken the Highest Damage

thankyou

last post 23.08.2020 (new Idea)
A
Last edited by JeckNoTree on Aug 24, 2020, 3:51:06 PM
"
Silvok1 wrote:
Bodyswap appears to prioritize the bosses over the corpses when triggered. When using poets, it will trigger on the boss instead of the unearth that was fired earlier.

This causes bodyswap to basically just agro the boss and you sit on the boss instead of continue to move around. It does not prioritize the corpses.

This is one of my main problems with it. It's a movement skill. It should have precise targeting. Imo it should not bodyswap unless there is a corpse or enemy at your cursor.

Just tried using it with poet's pen and spellslinger and it keeps targeting my old corpses or enemies instead of the corpses I spawn at my cursor.
Posting for the first time in years because of how bad this change is. It completely makes the skill un-usable as a travel skill because of how imprecise it is and how it locks on to enemies you don't want to be standing next to. Please, please change this skill back to require corpses to target, or at least make it so that it always targets the corpse/monster closest to your cursor instead of prioritizing monsters exclusively, even when they're an entire screen behind you
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Mar 21, 2020, 12:57:40 AM
3.10.1 patch notes

"
Arc, when triggered, now targets as close to your target as possible.

Can you PLEASE do this for bodyswap too?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Spoiler
Hello there,

~After patch 3.8, bodyswap was becoming somewhat playable, but in my opinion, it's still not enjoyable to play.

because it needs to target an enemy which makes it a dangerous melee spell without defenses
(with melee attacks we have normally "Fortify" or something/and with channeling spells we have "infused channeling" which reduces the damage taken by at least something)
Spoiler
=way to low area of effect and teleporting to near around the enemy.

the second thing, In my opinion, it makes very low to no damage.
thirdly, the Idea that bodyswap consumes corpses doesn't come to me, because
in context
~if someone would bodyswap with spells it would only consume its own body and planting itself into another one or creating one, which would relate in the game to take some damage each time you bodyswap by making a new body on the new destination and leaving a corpse on the first destination behind.

Addition: I don't want to sound rude!
those are just some thoughts about the spell which would be nice if they got changed.

Conclusion
Spoiler
(no need to target enemies(like "flame dash" or "Lightning Warp") don't consume corpses, rather take some damage and way more area of effect by default.)

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Last edited by JeckNoTree on Mar 8, 2021, 11:29:55 AM
last time 23.august.2020 I wrote
Spoiler

Hello there,

~After patch 3.8, bodyswap was becoming somewhat playable, but in my opinion, it's still not enjoyable to play.

because it needs to target an enemy which makes it a dangerous melee spell without defenses
(with melee attacks we have normally "Fortify" or something/and with channeling spells we have "infused channeling" which reduces the damage taken by at least something)
Spoiler
=way to low area of effect and teleporting to near around the enemy.

the second thing, In my opinion, it makes very low to no damage.
thirdly, the Idea that bodyswap consumes corpses doesn't come to me, because
in context
~if someone would bodyswap with spells it would only consume its own body and planting itself into another one or creating one, which would relate in the game to take some damage each time you bodyswap by making a new body on the new destination and leaving a corpse on the first destination behind.

Addition: I don't want to sound rude!
those are just some thoughts about the spell which would be nice if they got changed.

Conclusion
Spoiler
(no need to target enemies(like "flame dash" or "Lightning Warp") don't consume corpses, rather take some damage and way more area of effect by default.)

kind regards
JeckNoTree

Changed Idea, with some improvements
3.8 - Bodyswap has Effectiveness of Added Damage: 70%
(fine)

3.8 - Now deals 3 to 5 (from 12 to 19) fire damage at gem level 1, up to 154 to 231 (from 501 to 752) at gem level 20, plus 3% of your maximum life as fire damage at all gem levels.
(fine)

3.8 - Now has 300% more Area of Effect if consuming a corpse.
(Change idea)

+ new: now consumes all nearby corpses up to a maximum of 20
gain +1 radius per corpse consumed.

//would be cool for something like a nuke playstyle.
(you can zoom around with no area of effect or super nuke the screen)

3.8 - still needs to target enemy to function.
(Change idea)

+ new: no enemy or corpse nearby required. feels better for zooming through maps compensate with low initial cast speed/ lack of are of effect.

//just like dash,flamedash,frostblink,blinkarrow,Lightning Warp.
(enhances the quality of life)

+ new: (1-2)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments per consumed corpse.

A
Bodyswap is so cool but it really needs some love.

I love the idea of having a flicker strike style skill that allows you to blow yourself up and explode back into existence onto a target/corpse but it needs some rework.

Changes that would improve this skill a lot:
1: Set the mana cost to 10
2: Improve the effectiveness of added damage to 140-160% (same as flicker strike)
3: Improve corpse mechanic by giving de skill a chance to drop a corpse when you hit an enemy (rare or unique) (increasing the corpse lvl with the gem level)
4: Shorten the cooldown to 0.60 sec
5: Smaller corpse target range > now it can target corpses half a screen to a screen away which makes you just teleport away from new packs of enemies.
6: Increase base AOE or make it increase with gem levels

Radical way of changing and maybe improve the skill:
- Remove the corpse part of the skill entirely
> Increase base damage
> Improve the effectiveness of added damage
> Increase x% of max life as base fire damage
> Take x% damage of life when using the skill
> Shorten cooldown

// Using the skill when on low life
- increase AOE
- increase Damage
- Chance to get an endurance charge or phasing or chance to get elusive.

@GGG I would love to get your feedback

Kind regards,
An Exile
Last edited by DarkEnya on May 4, 2022, 12:47:40 PM
Bodyswap is a cool skill that I also like. Sadly it's painful to use because it's required a target, though it's served its purpose of the premise.

It'd be great to see this skill being use in mainstream. The suggestions from the folks before me already quite good to make that happen. So this might be a good way to make a come back for necromancer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info