3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
Thanks grim!

How are you doing on your build so far? I'm saving up for a queen's escape atm. I am sure I can get it since it doesn't cost that much. But my real concern is getting it to 6 link. were you able to 6 link your queen's escape already? Do I just have to grind in order to do that?I heard that I need 1,200 fuses to get a link. not sure if I can do that. At least I have at tabula rasa for now. I can use that as my 6 link and try and get a 5 link going on my weapon later on.

Last league I was lucky and 6 linked a Queens escape after about 250 fusings. I then tried about 700 on my chest piece with no luck. You'll be fine with a 5 link for all content, so no need to grind too hard.

This time, I made a character in the normal league, but wanted to see how I go SSF, so am not purchasing anything (yet). I found this nicely coloured six link chest:

I'll just cruise through the maps and see what else drops. I'll probably never find a queen's escape so just go for a tankier build.

damn. you are playing SSF?! That's hardcore. You can't trade in that league. You can't even help others. Can't wait to see your SSF build later on. Please keep us updated because I think your SSF build will truly speak to the strength of this build you created.
Just a little thank you Grimlock for your build, nicely written :)
Love the build. Making a few tweaks here and there.. wanted to share that if you end up getting a 45% Increased Skill Effect Duration belt from the new league that it'll add 10 seconds to your skeletons. At least for the moment, I am having a hard time giving that belt up. :)
Hey Grimlock, look at my new gear and gem improvements! I am nearly there.

I don't think I can 5 link the Queen's escape just yet. I don't have enough fuses. Please take a look and let me know if you have any problems with my gear or advice to offer.

A couple questions:

1. Phase Run takes quite a bit of dex, is there anything else I should use or is it worth getting more dex for phase run?

2. The CWDT and Immortal call setup, how does it work? Both gems stay at level one? This really helps stay alive?

3. How soon do I need to cap my resistances? before I enter Act 5 or after Act 5?

4. How does animate guardian work? it animates only one weapon? why do we need this and raise spectre? Do they really make a difference in this build? I don't know how Spectres and Guardians work. My mind is blown, you can equip your guardian?!

5. Next item on my list will be Astramentis. Then some rare rings that help with resistances. Finally, a belly that is 5 linked will be my late late end game goal. Any other item I should start planning and saving for?

Thank you!

Last edited by sighlight on Jun 4, 2018, 12:34:06 PM
"
sighlight wrote:
1. Phase Run takes quite a bit of dex, is there anything else I should use or is it worth getting more dex for phase run?

Until you grab Astramentis you can live without Phase run just fine. You can grab +30 Dex nodes of course but I'd just go with Astramentis, because gearing will be so much easier with it.

"
sighlight wrote:

4. How does animate guardian work? it animates only one weapon? why do we need this and raise spectre? Do they really make a difference in this build? I don't know how Spectres and Guardians work. My mind is blown, you can equip your guardian?!

This was already explained in the guide (including AG equipment and what it does and Specters choices). Please read it.
Last edited by kassigainen on Jun 4, 2018, 3:59:40 PM
So I have not yet found a Vaal summon skeletons. If anyone has had a chance to try, does the vaal version make much of a difference?
"

So I have not yet found a Vaal summon skeletons. If anyone has had a chance to try, does the vaal version make much of a difference?

It gives you a vaal skeletons with all links that support your regular skeletons. Allowing you to summon 35 hard hitting minions to support your 11 or 12 regular ones. This alone gives you a huge boost to dps, but then there is a flask that increases the vaal skeleton damage by 100% as well. So yes, overall it's a nice buff for skeleton builds.
"

2. The CWDT and Immortal call setup, how does it work? Both gems stay at level one? This really helps stay alive?

3. How soon do I need to cap my resistances? before I enter Act 5 or after Act 5?

5. Next item on my list will be Astramentis. Then some rare rings that help with resistances. Finally, a belly that is 5 linked will be my late late end game goal. Any other item I should start planning and saving for?

1. As Kassigainen said, the phase run is optional. Having a high level phase run is also optional, so if your dexterity is low you can give it up altogether or just run a low level version. If you are dying a lot, there is the option of using charged dash, which will project your presence, and hence your minions forward before you go. Or there is another defensive option of running smoke mine and cwdt detonate mines. You lay a smoke mine behind you, then when you take damage it casts you back to that location and blinds enemies, plus gives you move speed. I haven't tested this version yet but have got the advice from hardcore players that it is a great movement combo for staying alive.

2. CWDT and immortal call are both at level 1 so that they proc more often. It helps to stay alive and synergsises well with life regen. It is not mandatory, but you should notice a difference in survivability when you run it. Especially against barrage attacks, spine attacks and lab traps.

3. By high gate, you want high fire resists for kaoms eye quest. Act 6 also needs high fire resists. By act 7 you'll want capped resists... sacrifice a lot of other stuff to get this, it really helps.

4. Animate guardina gives 10% move speed to you and minions, plus about 25% increased damage, plus another meatshield. Not essential, but well worth one gem slot and a few currency items to buy the uniques.

5. Since phase run is optional and can be run at low level, astramentis is also optional. It can wait until you are rich. You should also aim for 20% increased quality on your active skill gems. And good life rolls on your jewels.
Hey grim, can you talk about prophecies and how we can use them to gear up faster? I heard that they can make a 5 link!
"

Hey grim, can you talk about prophecies and how we can use them to gear up faster? I heard that they can make a 5 link!

Prophecies are a risky way to invest your time, as you will rarely get a good one and it takes either silver or your time to clear up prohecy slots. Yes, you can get one called the jeweller's touch which will 5 link an item. It costs 30C right now on poetrade, or you can get lucky and get one when you spend silver with Navali.

A guaranteed way of getting what you want is to use the chaos orb recipe (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system). Since these drop as you map, it takes very little extra time to get super rich in chaos orbs. Collect full item sets of rares as you map (items must be above level 60). Sell them all, unidentified, at once. You only have to do this 15 times and there's your 5 link queens escape!

Full item set is:

One of the following:
Two-Handed Weapon (including bows, quiver not required) ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×1 and Shield ×1
One-Handed Weapon ×2
Shield ×2
Helmet ×1
Body Armour ×1
Gloves ×1
Boots ×1
Belt ×1
Amulet ×1