Significantly Increasing Access to Spirit Beasts

"
Arakasi91 wrote:

I'm quite surprised, how disappointed is everyone here. Yes, there should be changes in beast rates, yes by itself it is not as much fun as we thought. For me, it is awesome addition to the game. I don't play this league only because of the beasts! I'm trying new skills, reworked ascendancies, I finally got 90 lvl character and finally I'm able to run red maps. I'm finally enjoying endgame content and beast hunting is just one another thing to do. So, I am sattisfied. More beasts would be good, but crying for earlier end of the league is just so disrespectful!

It gets worse. League with stuff like 30% qual, prophecy, linking, any unique rolling is somehow "objectively" worse than essense which is almost equivalent to free chaos orbs.
People genuinely expecting someone to roll out a fresh league next week, as if they just got to swap a CD in recorder, all because they aren't even going to TRY to play by league rules. Its easier to demand buffs and wait for free stuff to happen on its own.

New skill was mocked too, as something that should have been into AoW, so its taken for granted as well.

Chris posts confirmation on rate boosts, gets insults in return.
Explanation of cosmetic highlights that still happen at the same rate as always, was downvoted.
Someone tries to show satisfaction in developer feedback, and he gets debated with "they're just a business of course they should be nice".

I thought it was bad during ascendancy introduction, but now acting like a pig is apparently a baseline etiquette for poe community anywhere.

Last edited by Gehinom on Mar 19, 2018, 9:06:24 AM
If you mean that we need to run 50 maps to open 1 beast portal... Thats really uncomfort for casual players. The whole league is made for nolifers again.
Trading still sucks
"
Gehinom wrote:
"
Arakasi91 wrote:

I'm quite surprised, how disappointed is everyone here. Yes, there should be changes in beast rates, yes by itself it is not as much fun as we thought. For me, it is awesome addition to the game. I don't play this league only because of the beasts! I'm trying new skills, reworked ascendancies, I finally got 90 lvl character and finally I'm able to run red maps. I'm finally enjoying endgame content and beast hunting is just one another thing to do. So, I am sattisfied. More beasts would be good, but crying for earlier end of the league is just so disrespectful!

It gets worse. League with stuff like 30% qual, prophecy, linking, any unique rolling is somehow "objectively" worse than essense which is almost equivalent to free chaos orbs.
People genuinely expecting someone to roll out a fresh league next week, as if they just got to swap a CD in recorder, all because they aren't even going to TRY to play by league rules. Its easier to demand buffs and wait for free stuff to happen on its own.

New skill was mocked too, as something that should have been into AoW, so its taken for granted as well.

Explanation of cosmetic highlights that still happen at the same rate as always, was downvoted.
Someone tries to show satisfaction in developer feedback, and he gets debated with "they're just a business of course they should be nice".

I thought it was bad during ascendancy introduction, but now acting like a pig is apparently a baseline etiquette for poe community anywhere.

Its true. PoE community has gotten worse and worse. It was really nice in open Beta. Global is toxic. PoE Discord is toxic. Forums are toxic. This is the kind of community that Pay to play communities talk about in regards of free to play games. I love the Devs. They are great. I wish they would call people out on their crap. Bestiary League has really shown what kind of community we have around here.
"
Inksm3ar wrote:

Its true. PoE community has gotten worse and worse. It was really nice in open Beta. Global is toxic. PoE Discord is toxic. Forums are toxic. This is the kind of community that Pay to play communities talk about in regards of free to play games. I love the Devs. They are great. I wish they would call people out on their crap. Bestiary League has really shown what kind of community we have around here.

Nothing is black and white, but the number of hateful responses makes me sad. Of course there are things to improve and there are things, that are not supposed to be in the game. Developers shouldn't be blind to players responses, on the other hand players should be grateful for what they are getting from devs. This is one awesome game with tons of improvements and additions every few months. There is nothing worse for devs, than community complaining about everything, throwing shi*s on their work. I know that, I've been a game master in a different game and it is the "ungrateful community" that makes you think about "I don't have to do this sh*t anymore, cause there is no appretiation for what am I doin'g for them."
"
Inksm3ar wrote:
"
Gehinom wrote:
"
Arakasi91 wrote:

So let's do what Fatboy Slim oughts us to do, and praise GGG devs like they should. (I'm 99 % sure that did not come grammatically correct, but staying true to the original is more important.)

Bestiary started somewhat crappy, lackluster and obviously poorly tested, but the devs have put some hours in the right places and it's paying off. Here's one for an ever-improving league and the sleep deprivation of people at GGG. <3
Last edited by Urskii on Mar 19, 2018, 9:41:22 AM
"
We initially avoided increasing the spawn rate of these beasts until we had deployed Beast Trading, as there were certainly economic implications of much easier economic access to these beasts.

Good to know that mr. Market and ms. Economy didn't get hurt. Meanwhile you lost many players because players aren't supposed to play with cheap armours, mr. Market takes priority. I'm not falling this time and play these 500-1000maps with the risk of not seeing a single thing

goodbye
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Thats awesome! cant wait!
"
Inksm3ar wrote:
It was really nice in open Beta.

I strongly disagree.

Just go back and look at the responses to anyone complaining about lockstep, loot allocation, trade, drop rates or the way defenses were designed in the game.

I never posted during open beta because any suggestions I had were already mentioned, and the posters mercilessly insulted. "Casual scrub" was a common favorite. Why bother posting at all?

Please do not add this to the core game.
Whoo! More caving! Keep caving, GGG!
Last edited by Velari on Mar 19, 2018, 10:15:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info