[3.5]- The FireWood Tank Champion | Molten strike sword Dual wield | Shaper down

Hello,

Been loving this build, so thank you for putting this together. Was curious if there was a reason to not use the Wildfire jewel? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
"
Xanderthor wrote:
Hello,

Been loving this build, so thank you for putting this together. Was curious if there was a reason to not use the Wildfire jewel? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Glad to hear you're having fun with the build!!

I do use two wild fire jewels. Forgot to add them to the guide. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Info on the wildfire jewels and socketing locations have been added
Last edited by Sh4d0w93 on Mar 30, 2018, 6:07:33 AM
Thank you!
Another question, if you don't mind. Is the Rampart skill worth obtaining once you have the related ascension?
"
Xanderthor wrote:
Another question, if you don't mind. Is the Rampart skill worth obtaining once you have the related ascension?

The rampart cluster has no effect on the projectile component of molten strike which is the source of our damage.

Also for four points it gives a small boost to the melee hit and around 500ish armour (depends on gear) and an overall 3% gain on fortify putting fortify at 23% which isn't really worth the 4 point investment. You're better off taking jewel sockets or life nodes instead.
Point Blank useless?
Nice build, i try it now, thx.
"
Sakredo wrote:
Point Blank useless?
Nice build, i try it now, thx.

We already get Point Blank and Iron Reflexes from the Grelwood Shank sword so it saves us points on the tree.
Hello,

2 Follow-up questions:

1) Is it worth taking the Holy Fire node (by Avatar of Fire) on the Skill Tree?

2) What should we use for chaos resistance?
"
Xanderthor wrote:
Hello,

2 Follow-up questions:

1) Is it worth taking the Holy Fire node (by Avatar of Fire) on the Skill Tree?

2) What should we use for chaos resistance?

Hi Xanderthor

1) The holy fire nodes increase burning damage which affects ignite damage and not the hit damage so those points aren't worth taking

2) You would need to get chaos resist on your rare gear pieces of you really need it but such gear is normally quite expensive so I leave it up to you. You could maybe have a breach ring/ amethyst ring, amethyst flask etc as swap in for chaos heavy boss fights (such as chayula, Vaal temple etc) but for general mapping I didn't find it necessary to get any chaos resist on gear.

P.S. Do not use an atziri's promise flask or a Ming's heart as the added/converted chaos damage does nothing for the build since avatar of fire prevents us from dealing non fire damage
Last edited by Sh4d0w93 on Apr 6, 2018, 3:47:11 AM
Thanks - Might try this build looks nice and not too expensive

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info