[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Just want to add this, there are so many questions and comments that have already been covered. The guide is being updated constantly and it has helped me to go back through it regularly (for 3.3).
"
Ataz wrote:
First of all THANKS for that awsome guide, hope to see an actual Incursion Update if you may revisit this build.

My Idea for the BV Setup in Incursion.

Blade Vortex
- Hypothermia
- Controlled destruction
- Physical to Lightning
- Power Charge on Critical
- Increased Critical Damage
/ Concentrated Effect / Increased Critical Strike

I think the "PCoC" + "Inc Crit DMG" could be a good (?the Best damagewise?) combo since they buffed "PCoC" when you go for an Power Charge focused Build. (and can maintain a good enought Crit Chance)

Now some Questions:
- Is it ok to pass on "Concentrated Effect" ?
- Will this Setup reach enought Crit Chance to really work since i want to go for Increased
"Crit Dmg" over "Crit Strike"
- Can we Really pass on Spell Echo? wont it feel wierd in a way to Spin up Blades without
that increased cast speed?

Let me know what you think, and by you, i dont just mean the Author of this Guide, all opinnions are welcome.

Feel free to Talk about your BV-Setup ideas, im keen to read them!

Cheers!

-Atazagora-

i've already updated the guide for 3.3 update including the gem links.

the 6th link is situational. conc effect is a must on end game bosses. pcoc can be good for mapping if you invest in power charges but bad for bossing if you start the fight without charges. efficacy is a good all-rounder, especially good if you decide not to allocate the second duration cluster on the tree. crit damage may work too but it depends on you gear.

spell echo can be safely retired. it is a simple math - spell echo is 1.7 cast speed multiplier but we only have 1/2 max stacks now, so by dropping it you are still 2/1.7 = 17.6% ahead. and you no longer get the 10% less damage penalty. it is a no-brainer really.
Last edited by DirtyDot on May 31, 2018, 12:21:40 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150625/page/1

revamped hypothermia gem has been revealed and it hasn't been nerfed, so it stays in the build

20/20 vaal blade vortex is also revealed and it has been nerfed already - vaal vortex base duration is reduced from 5 to 3 seconds possibly making the 2 duration clusters version of the tree more appealing.
Thanks for the update.

I have a question on Inpulsa.

If I can get a well-rolled 5L Inpulsa (say 48% for inc damage and 39% for inc effect), is it still worth it to get a poorly-rolled 6L Inpulsa (say 25%/30%), possibly for a couple of ex.
"
jjlocus wrote:
Thanks for the update.

If I can get a well-rolled 5L Inpulsa (say 48% for inc damage and 39% for inc effect), is it still worth it to get a poorly-rolled 6L Inpulsa (say 25%/30%), possibly for a couple of ex.

Yeah for sure!
Since blade vortex is hitting a lot quicker in 3.3 doesn't the dps also increase by that same amount of hits per second?
Can someone run the numbers and see if 3.3 is actually a buff or a nerf?
Just because you drop spell echo and replace with a more modifier gem doesn’t mean
It can beat losing 10 freaking blades. Not only that, they nerfed the flat pays per blade at
Lvl 20.

Unless the new stats make up for that somehow. I need to see some napkin math before
I commit to this build. Thank you.
"
Beholdd wrote:
Since blade vortex is hitting a lot quicker in 3.3 doesn't the dps also increase by that same amount of hits per second?

... yes. But as it is hitting a lot quicker, max stack size was reduced.

"
wooopaul11 wrote:
Just because you drop spell echo and replace with a more modifier gem doesn’t mean
It can beat losing 10 freaking blades. Not only that, they nerfed the flat pays per blade at
Lvl 20.

Unless the new stats make up for that somehow. I need to see some napkin math before

You lose 10 blades but you're also hitting a shitton more per blade (10% increased hit rate per stack before to 35% per stack now). And getting a % more modifier while maintaining your average BV dps is huge, so in the end it's a buff for sure. And there's no flat phys per blade nerf, the values on the gem preview for 3.3 are the same as before (123 to 185 at lv 20).

There was also a 5% increase in the "more damage for each blade", went from 30% to 35%.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on May 31, 2018, 1:53:38 AM
"
jjlocus wrote:
Thanks for the update.

6 links is always going to be better and you can fix your bad rolls with a couple of divine orbs later on anyway
"
wooopaul11 wrote:
Lvl 20.

old bv at 20 stacks: 7 * 3 / 0.6 = 35 multiplier
new bv at 10 stacks: 4.5 * 4.5 / 0.6 = 33.75 multiplier + 100% increased crit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info