[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Ayam1414 wrote:
what u think if we use anima stone + primordial harmony. this way we can get 4 type of golem and get extra 2 buff, 40% dmg and 50% buff effect at cost of 2 jewel socket

i haven't tried that. you'll need to allocate 2 gem slots (or with cwdt) for the extra golems, not sure what you would sacrifice for that.
if you do try this, please post your experience.
"
Cekusan wrote:
Hi, im dying with low tier maps? Damage kinda looks good but im dying too much. Why? any idea? Ty...

Spoiler

you gear is good for the most part. the only problem i can see is that you don't have enough lightning damage so you don't shock reliably and miss out on up to 50% more damage from shocks. replace conc effect with physical to lightning.

other than that it must be your play style. i've uploaded some footage from my SSF Flashback character, it is just a T9 map, but it has Elder portals, Beyond and Abysses. i am using ghetto self found gear i don't have uber lab yet. this is just to demonstrate movement and flask work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-DA65YGJI
Last edited by DirtyDot on May 11, 2018, 8:27:16 PM
Hi, I'm currently using your build in the race and I'm loving it. Quick question though, in the intro of the build post it stated it's reflect immune? Is it phys and ele? or just ele? I can clearly see how to get immune from ele reflect with Paragon of Calamity but not for phys.

Did I miss something? Sorry, I'm not that good at the game but I do enjoy it a lot.
"
Peepsqueek wrote:
Hi, I'm currently using your build in the race and I'm loving it. Quick question though, in the intro of the build post it stated it's reflect immune? Is it phys and ele? or just ele? I can clearly see how to get immune from ele reflect with Paragon of Calamity but not for phys.

Did I miss something? Sorry, I'm not that good at the game but I do enjoy it a lot.

if you use hrimsorrow gloves and physical to lightning support gem then all your physical damage gets converted to elemental
"
DirtyDot wrote:
i've uploaded some footage from my SSF Flashback character, it is just a T9 map, but it has Elder portals, Beyond and Abysses. i am using ghetto self found gear i don't have uber lab yet. this is just to demonstrate movement and flask work.

Thanks for the video upload - good to see some SSF action. How did you go about gearing up? Assuming you farming up a Tabula in Blood Aqueducts ... did your Hrimsorrow drop naturally or were you chancing Goathide gloves? & did you spam alts/chaos on your shaped dagger/scepter to get the phys conversion? Are you trying to chance Sadist's Garbs for Inpulsa?

Also, what's the gem priority for attempting 21/20 (or equiv) w/ vaaling - Blade Vortex followed by the BV supports? Guessing in 3.2 levelling up a brace of them to hit either a 21/20 or a 20/20 Vaal BV will be best practise ...
Last edited by Haasts on May 11, 2018, 11:41:26 PM
"
Haasts wrote:
"
DirtyDot wrote:
i've uploaded some footage from my SSF Flashback character, it is just a T9 map, but it has Elder portals, Beyond and Abysses. i am using ghetto self found gear i don't have uber lab yet. this is just to demonstrate movement and flask work.

Thanks for the video upload - good to see some SSF action. How did you go about gearing up? Assuming you farming up a Tabula in Blood Aqueducts ... did your Hrimsorrow drop naturally or were you chancing Goathide gloves? & did you spam alts/chaos on your shaped dagger/scepter to get the phys conversion? Are you trying to chance Sadist's Garbs for Inpulsa?

Also, what's the gem priority for attempting 21/20 (or equiv) w/ vaaling - Blade Vortex followed by the BV supports? Guessing in 3.2 levelling up a brace of them to hit either a 21/20 or a 20/20 Vaal BV will be best practise ...

got my tabula from an ancient orb. was using 4 links until 84lvl with no dramas.
first hrimsorrow i got from bestiary craft, dropped 5 more since, they are pretty common.
chaos/essence spammed shaped bases, got the scepter after the video.
also got Berek's grip ring from Cadiro after the video.
been chancing every sadist's garb, so far no luck after over a hundred of them.
BV is the top priority for getting to lvl 21, every level is 7% more damage, supports only add 1% at best.

overall pretty doable. i actually decided to play SSF after certain claims that my build only works with mirror worthy gear.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
so the reworked blade vortex gem has been revealed today

Show me

What gets changed:

* Most notably 10 stacks is the new max (down from 20). Absolutely massive quality of life change, addresses probably the most annoying aspect of the skill.

* Spell echo can be dropped. It takes about 4 seconds to get to 20 stacks nowadays with spell echo; getting to 10 stacks without spell echo is going to take only 3.3 seconds. Replacing spell echo with a damage support gem will add around 35% MORE damage. This is absolutely bonkers.

* Damage at max stacks is largely unchanged.
Old skill: 5 hits per second, 600% more damage for total 5 * 7 = 35 damage multiplier
New skill: 7.5 hits per second, 350% more damage for total 7.5 * 4.5 = 33.75 damage multiplier.

Overall 3.7% less damage but that is without factoring in 100% increased crit chance that the new version provides. Overall the damage is going to be the same if not better.

* Inbuilt crit chance will make leveling smoother - 12% crit chance with zero investment

* There is a vaal version of Blade Vortex now. Moreover, the vaal version provides both normal and vaal skill at the same time so you don't have to spend a gem slot. The vaal version fires up a separate vortex with incorporated homing in system. It can be briefly seen in action here: https://youtu.be/QWXgJ19t4zU?t=89.
Vaal skills are known to be a stronger version of regular skills, but even if its damage is just as good as the normal blade vortex, that's fucking DOUBLE THE DAMAGE for the duration if you attack the same target.

---

I don't want to call it just yet, there is a good chance that GGG will nerf it before the release because of the overhype that has already started on reddit, but if it goes through that's a new meta right here boys.

I feel you bro! I'm going all in on this build in 3.3 - the second coming of BV is upon us.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Peepsqueek wrote:

if you use hrimsorrow gloves and physical to lightning support gem then all your physical damage gets converted to elemental

Ohhh I see. I made a mistake and used added lightning support instead of phys to lightning. Thanks for replying!

Another question would be my current state in weapons.
This is what I'm using currently with a divinarius. Would that suffice for now and just go straight for a shaped weapon? I'm a bit tight on budget so any skips would do me fine unless it's just way better for me to just get a new dagger/scepter or even replace my divinarius at the moment.

Edit: I just found this an hour after I posted this, crafted the spell dmg on it. With the level 20 inc crit, I moved over the orb of storm set up to it and free'd up my boots. Any suggestions what gems I could use on my boots now?
Last edited by Peepsqueek on May 12, 2018, 4:01:36 AM
Hey.

Are you sure that new blade vortex gem = 10 max stacks,
not level 1 10 stacks going up while leveling gem?
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)
new one has max. 10spins on each lvl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info