[3.3] Deathwalker Occultist by Nemo (Death's Oath) (HC Viable on a Budged)

Hey guys,

i saw Phox playing this builda while ago and wanted to try it myself.
Its completly inspired by the Build Phox played. :)
Much Thanks to him for this idea.

I am playing this Build a second time now and i am having a blast,
its the most fun i ever had playing PoE.

Idea

The Build is playing around this Chest

Scaling the Damage through Aura Effect, Damage over time and Chaos damage.
The best Damage scaling applies Blasphemy - Despair, boosting the damage skyhigh.
For single Target or tough bluepacks i use

To deal huge amounts of Damage over time, additional to scaling the Damage of Death Aura even more.
Equipping a Wither Spell totem boots the single target for tough bosses even more.

The Occultist Ascendency is really the best option for this build.
Granting us with 250 Flat energy shield, and unstoppable energy shield recharge and Explodion cursed enemys in a huge explosion.

Running through packs with shield charge to just see them die by your mear presense.

Pros

+Really Fun to play
+someone cheap and easy to start at lv 62
+the new occultist just makes this even more op

Cons

-Cant really run no regen mods
-not the best single target at t15+ maps
-below lv 62 is just not a good time :D

Leveling

Just use a mix of Chaos gems you feel good with using, and get to lv 62 as fast as possible,
since our Build enabling Unique Death's Oath is then equippable.
At level 62 is where this build goes from 'gosh this build is the slowest i have ever seens'
to 'where are the enemys? do they dissapear?'

Skilltree

Lv62

Lv92

Lv100

Equipment(Incursion)

Since i am playing SSF, farming Death's Oath atm :'D

Equipment(Bestiary)

Equipment(Abyss)

Equipment

Body

Granting the Skill we use this Body Armour is kind of mandetory :D

Colouring this Body armour can be a pain.
i tried this method:

Getting 3 sockets on the chest and using vorici 2Blue 1Green on it.
Then using voricis 4 socket to get the next blue or green
Then using voricis 5 Socket to get the last missing blue or green (in the end you need 3B 2G)
and then using voricis 6 Socket to get the last red socket

its a bit pricy but using 2B 1G 1R in the beginning is more then enough.

In Incursion it might even be possible, to corrupt six white sockets onto the body armour. Easyiest and most painfull way in my opinion.

Gloves

Boosting Our damage greatly.

Alternativly some rare gloves with Resistences and high energy shield

Boots

Movement speed
Resistences
High Energy shield

Shield

A rare shield with high Energyshield and resistences

Helmet

A rare helmet with high energyshield and resistences

Weapon

We cant really get much from rare weapons other then maybe attack speed to charge faster or Chaos Damage from Leo craft.
These two weapons boosting our damage greatly and the ~ +70-90 Energyshield from The Dark seer

Jewels

Using one Spreading Rot can be a quite usefull boost in damage

Rare Cobalt Jewel(order of importense)
-Energy Shield
-Damage
-Chaos Damage
-Damage over time
-Energy Shield recharge rate

Rare Hypnotic Eye Jewel
-Flat Energy shield
-Damage if you've killed recently

Spoiler
From my experience flat energyshield from jewels yields much more EHP then the 8% of a normal jewel, as far as the flat one is above like 35 energy shield. The downside of the Eye jewels is, the only damage mod, i mean the only other usefull mod for us really, is the "dmg if youve killed recently"

Surely we would get more dmg mods from normal jewels, like %Inc Chaos dmg, %inc Damage over time, stats and resistances.

In my case i was Resistance capped and only wanted to boost my energy shield.

Even in the rare Case of the Jewel socket in the left side of the Witch area, next to the "Energy Shield /Life Hybrid" Circle, i tried replacing my +45 flat ES Eye jewel with an "Energy from within" with 6% and even then, the eye jewel granted more Eenrgy shield in the outcome.

But as i said, if you need resistance, stats, or want more DPS, a normal cobald jewel might be the better choice.

Ascendency

Occultist

Normal - Wicketd Ward (Energy shield recharge is unstoppable)
Cruel - Profane Bloom (Enemys go BOOM when they die and the ability to curse hexproof enemys)
Merciless - Vile Bastion (stun immune and so much energy shield)
Eternal - Void Beacon (more damage and more damage)

Enchants

Helmet:

Despair Curse effect
increased Flame Golem effect

Boots:
Movement speed while not beeing hit recently
(really own choice)

Gloves:
Decree of the Grave
(really own choice)

Gem

Body Armour:
Arcane Surge - Less Duration - Conc effect/Inc AoE - Effecacy - Void manipulation - Swift Affliction
(This beeing the only 6 Gems working on the Deaths Aura skill granted by the Body Armour)

Gloves:
Swift Affliction - Effecacy - Void Manipulation - Faster Casting/Increased Area of Effect

Helmet/Helmet:
Discipline - Blasphemy - Despair - Temporal Chains
Flame Golem - Rallying Cry - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration

Weapon/shield
Shield Charge - Faster attacks - Fortify
Spell Totem - Wither - Inceased Duration/Inc Aoe

Bandits

Kill them all! 2 Skill Points go a long way.

Pantheon

Its really what ever suits your playstyle most.

Mine atm are Soul of Lunaris, for extra movement speed
and Soul of Gruthkul for some physical medigation.

Achievments

- Farmed t14-t15 in Abyss
- Killed Hydra, Chimera and Minotaur
- Farmed Chimera in Abyss
- Killed Uber Izaro without dodging while getting 3 Keys from him
- Farmed Uber Lab in Abyss and Bestiary
- White, Yellow and Red Elder Killed in Abyss
- Farmed normal Atziri in Abyss
Last edited by Mnemoc on Jun 19, 2018, 9:48:15 AM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2018, 6:04:30 PM
Thank you for writing this down on a guide. Very concise and organized!

I think I will give this a try on bestiary, I am starting to like more chaos based builds, played dark pact totems last league and was very fun.
The purple is just amazing and I think it fits very well with the game aspect.

Have you done guardians or high tier bosses already?

I'm playing the same build. I will allow myself a few sentences.
- Аscendancy. The PoB shows the same damage when taking the nodes "Malediction" or "Void Bеacon". Therefore it is better to take "Malediction", with it +1 curse and it is possible to save few nodes on a tree (Whisper of Doom).
- Amulet Impressense (chaos version) saves mana reserve, so you can put another aura or 3rd curse, for example.
- Perhaps, the Energy from within jewel if put near Melding will give more ES than abyssal jewel. Maybe iam wrong.
- The nodes for the flasks are a controversial decision. Suitable for mapping, but not for bosses. Nod Essence Surge, in my opinion, looks better.
- Elder Jewel for the faster start of ES, when you are under the discipline, very sweet.
- Well, the last, for Uber lab setup: Darkskorn + SoulStrake - BIS! I'm running around traps like a walk. ))
My personal opinion and experience of the game (the Phoenix is killed with this setup). I apologize for errors and inaccuracies, English is not my native language.
Harvest (Жатва) - лучшее, что когда-либо случалось с ПОЕ. F*ck 3.14!
Hi there,

Nice work on this build.. just one comment and unfortunately what i really needed... There is no leveling information.What skills for leveling.. what items suggested etc.

Anyways, everything was great. Thanks
"
Spooneer wrote:

- Аscendancy. The PoB shows the same damage when taking the nodes "Malediction" or "Void Bеacon". Therefore it is better to take "Malediction", with it +1 curse and it is possible to save few nodes on a tree (Whisper of Doom).

So you are saying that Enemies have -20% chaos resistance doesn't work for Deaths Oath? If I would to guess, I would say that PoB is wrong, did you do any tests yourself? (e.g. killing the same mob in Bestiary altar?) Or is it the curse effectiveness which does the trick?
ASUS ZENBOOK UX32VD
Last edited by svk_eagle on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:13 AM
"
Have you done guardians or high tier bosses already?

Yes, i farmed chimeras and hydras in Abyss league, and went up to t15 without a problem aswell.

"
- Amulet Impressense (chaos version) saves mana reserve, so you can put another aura or 3rd curse, for example.

i tried that, i doesnt really do it for me, i have like 95 strenght on my amulet so its not really exchangable :D i am sure the build runs very well with the amulet impresence, but not for me :P

"
- Perhaps, the Energy from within jewel if put near Melding will give more ES than abyssal jewel. Maybe iam wrong.

i tried that aswell, the 41 flat es from the abyss jewel net me a little bit more then a 6% inc es jewel.

"
- The nodes for the flasks are a controversial decision. Suitable for mapping, but not for bosses. Nod Essence Surge, in my opinion, looks better.

i like it for my flask to run a bit longer and the additional effekt is nice aswell, its not mandetory tho, just a personal style choice :)

thanks alot for the feedback, i am going to try with the ascendency changes, tho i like the -20% chaos res and the -75% life reg of enemys, espesially in bestiary.
"
Hi there,

Nice work on this build.. just one comment and unfortunately what i really needed... There is no leveling information.What skills for leveling.. what items suggested etc.

Anyways, everything was great. Thanks

i really didnt know what to write on leveling, cause, to be real, i just got pushed to level 62 so i can start this build, i would say just do any chaos gem you find least annoying and try to push 62 as fast as you can.
Why do the passive trees redirect to a chinese site?
"
kazzo92 wrote:
Why do the passive trees redirect to a chinese site?

if you look at the url redirect for the passive trees, it becomes apparent that he incorrectly setup the link tags for the trees. They go to websites such as 'lv92' which obviously is incorrect. They look like he simply inverted the html and style tags.

OP, you want it to look like this:
"
[ url = " http://... " ] title of URL [ / URL ]

With no spaces, of course.

As for the trees currently, you can simply copy the large block of code and paste it directly to go to the actual skilltrees.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Fixed the URL of the skill trees, and updated them to 3.3.

Updated the equipment section to 3.3.

going to start my own in Incursion very soon, eqiupment section follows :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info