[3.2] Chain-Prolif Elementalist (A new way to play ignite) HC endgame viable

Hello guys,

i started this project because i was bored of the current meta and i loved "selfcast pizza ignite" in the past. I was heavily disappointend with the ignite rework in 3.0 and tried to make it work again ever since then. So i started leveling an reworked Elementalist and wanted to fully tryhard to make it work again at any cost. Then i got an interesting idea from my friend Onew, to juice the build up. The following is the result....a completely new way of approaching ignite. This build is not beginner friendly and requires a lot of specific gear!

Video Showcase: ( So you understand, what we talking about here )

Mandatory Gear:
Spoiler

5L Inpulsa's is more than enough pre redmaps and 6L only really adds a lot of single target damage, dropp Unbound Ailments if you are using a 5L. Try to get a 15% attackspeed dyadus, a 6% burn dmg stormfire and a 10% explosion dmg Inpulsa's! Very important are also these 2 jewels, you must have added lightning & cold damage to attacks or axes and added cold damage to spells on them to make this build work! This little amount of added damage will trigger shock and chill on enemies for at least 10% chill and 20% shock because of "beacon of ruin" ascendancy node. That is also mandatory for spreading these ailments with prolif and inpulsas! Also pretty much mandatory is the new Herald of Ash, which makes the whole thing A LOT MORE CONSISTENT and adds the possiblity to oneshot bosses with adds!

These three items in combination with the elementalist global prolif from "Beacon of Ruin" allows a completely new mechanic to exist. Stormfire gives you an incredible burn dmg buff but the main purpose of it is that the explosion from "Inpulsa's Broken Heart" CAN NOW IGNITE and proliferate ANY ailment within range, even tho it cannot shock with its own damage. This makes the prolif "travel" with the explosion, which triggers more explosions on monster death. So basically everything in range of an explosion or the prolif AOE just gets annihilated! Not only shock to triggers explosions and ignite for the dmg but also chill proliferates all the way, which makes the 100% increased burning dmg taken from dyadus work on everything.

Rest of Gear and Flasks:
Spoiler

Cheap Gear:
Esh's Mirror adds A LOT OF DAMAGE, its not mandatory but you want to have it in redmaps. Try to cap your resists for ele weak and DEX can be a problem so get enough for a high level blood rage on gear...i had to take the 30 dex node on tree aswell for now. Otherwise aim for high life & mana and mana regen on ring and amulet. Stygian Vise as belt ofc, can be tricky to get a good one now. Also get 2 onslaught on kill abyss jewels to make it consistent and get some leech boots, they add so much survivability!

Flasks are the usual ones, i like to use these for now. You can take something else instead of Sulphur Flask, but if you want to use Wise oak, you have to give up on the granite of iron skin.

BiS Gear:
Horror Helmet for 30% more elemental dmg for HoA!
Insanity, Hysteria or Elder Faster Attacks Gloves for juicy Shield Charge!

Links:

Spoiler

Like in the Gear section.
Mainlink Flameblast:
6L Flameblast is Immolate which is very useful for clear due to shield charge pretty much always applying an ignite or burn before using flameblast and obviously single target, it scales initial hit and ignite.
Herald of Ash:
3L HoA or 4L if SC with HoA - burn damage - elemental focus - ( increased aoe )
Shield Charge:
4L Shield Charge - Faster attacks - fortify - Innervate !
Innervate gives 20% chance to shock and the occasional dmg buff which makes it a lot more consistent.
CwdT:
4L CwdT - immortal call - increased duration - enfeeble
Orb of Storms:
2L orb of storms - increased crit strikes - ( Innervate for bossing, dropp flame dash)
Rest:
Decoy Totem - Blood Rage - Stone Golem (to sustain degen, can be dropped) - Clarity ( can be dropped , i like it)
FOR SOFTCORE or some with a deathwish in HC:
You can use Herald of Thunder for general clear and 25% lightning penetration for inpulsa's explosion and esh's mirror stacks!

Passive Tree/PoB Link:

Spoiler

Skilltree: poeurl.com/bPMp
PoB: https://pastebin.com/KP39A3QU

can slightly change!

Lab Enchants:

Spoiler
Whatever to be honest, anything that is usefull!

Pantheon & Bandits:

Spoiler

Pantheon:
Major = "Soul of the Brine King" for Anti-Stun is very important due to shield charging into packs!
Minor = situational, i prefer "Soul of Shakari"!
Bandits:
Kill em all!

Auras, Curses and Jewels:

Spoiler

Auras:
Herald of Ash and Clarity - you can dropp Clarity if you want more oneshot protection but wou will have a lot less mana regen.
Curses:
I prefer Enfeeble on CwdT setup. You can also use Elemental Weakness or Temporal Chains but would not recommend except softcore.
Jewels:
Try to get life on all jewels! Mainly abyss jewels which are into mandatory section otherwise Life/Mana/Castspeed/Attackspeed/DMG jewels etc.

Leveling:

Spoiler

You level with freeze pulse + fire trap until firestorm. Then you use firestorm until act 4 and switch to flameblast BUT use an initial hit heavy scaling for it until later. So a 4L of Flmeblast - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Fire Penetration! Make sure to have both Templar and Witch AOE clusters before going Flameblast and try to get some castspeed on gear.

Indepth mechanics:

Spoiler

Clear:
The more dmg you have the easier you can just kill and trigger the chain reaction with shield charge, this puts your character at a higher risk in hard maps but also can make the clear much faster!
I named the playstyle in harder maps "Tag & Trigger", "tag" the mobs with shield charge = you apply shock,chill and ignite with it. "Trigger" the chain reaction with a tap of flameblast to kill one mob and annihiliate pretty much everything thats close to each other.

Single target:
Keep up Orb of Storm for EE and try to hit the boss with an weak mob next to him to trigger HoA insane overkill damage! You can use a worm flask too.
If you hit it right bosses can be oneshot! If you dont, they still die in a reasonable speed.
Ignite DPS at my current gear is about 150k in a good situation.
Initial Hit DPS is about 300k in a good situation.
HoA Burn DPS can be over 1mil DPS if you hit it right. Lets go reddit 1mil dps confirmed Kappa.

Note from Onew:

Spoiler

This mechanic can be used in many variations, which makes it even better in general. One of the biggest is that it works insanely well with Vaal Fireball:

T14 Dark Forest Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxB4XjiC3p4&feature=youtu.be

Btw. the character on this video is using like a 5c gear except mandatory uniques that enables the mechanic. Also the tree is built around Flameblast (i just swapped body armour gems - that's all). It's pretty insane that even though, I still managed to clear TIER 14 map with VFB map so quickly. I'm pretty sure you can make it even 2 or 3 times faster with a lot more survivability and the capability of killing bosses fast (Dyadus mvp).
Did you guys miss VFB meta? :smile:

Last edited by Zuldra94 on Apr 3, 2018, 6:21:14 AM
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2018, 8:53:08 AM
Would love to see more variations of this mechanic. It got super big potential, but it's pretty hard to explain and introduce to people. If anyone got any questions or concerns about it, be free to ask.
cool build
raizP
raizP raizP
raizP raizP raizP
raizP raizP
raizP
did it
twitch.tv/nex1233
steamcommunity.com/id/nex1233
discord : nexx#9045
This is beautiful. Elementalist is my first love in this game and it's great to see it becoming viable and interesting again.

Quick question - do you think it would be possible to work a decent amount of magic find into the build if the purpose is simply to farm t8-10? I suppose the only typical MF slot that you have required is one ring so it should work.
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
This is beautiful. Elementalist is my first love in this game and it's great to see it becoming viable and interesting again.

Quick question - do you think it would be possible to work a decent amount of magic find into the build if the purpose is simply to farm t8-10? I suppose the only typical MF slot that you have required is one ring so it should work.

Well sure you can do whatever with the slots that arent mandatory, should work pretty well.
"
Zuldra94 wrote:
Well sure you can do whatever with the slots that arent mandatory, should work pretty well.

Thanks! I figured as much. Also, if you don't have the leech on boots would you consider CWDT Warlord's Mark? Not sure how to sustain without that enchant.
"
Brentyfresh wrote:
"
Zuldra94 wrote:

Thanks! I figured as much. Also, if you don't have the leech on boots would you consider CWDT Warlord's Mark? Not sure how to sustain without that enchant.

I dont really need the leech for sustain but it gives so much defense if i get burst dmg on me. I would really recommend to get the leech, shouldnt be hard to buy them for few chaos or if MF boots run some cruel or merc labs.

If it cant be helped probably cwdt warlords but avoid that. And if you run MF on ring and amulet you lose a lot of mana regen so i guess leech is kinda mandatory to get.
Excited to give this a try. I started playing after ignite was nerfed so I'm ready to get into it. A little worried about ST with FB but I think it'll be manageable at higher gear levels.
"
Essenix13 wrote:
Excited to give this a try. I started playing after ignite was nerfed so I'm ready to get into it. A little worried about ST with FB but I think it'll be manageable at higher gear levels.

Single Target early gets carried by initial hit flameblast and later you will have like 300k hit and 100k+ ignite and literally millions of dmg from abusing Herald of Ash with adds. It's really good so far, bosses die faster than on most build to be honest.
Last edited by Zuldra94 on Mar 16, 2018, 8:16:24 AM
How did you level till 80 before putting on Stormfire? Does it work without it, or is it "meh" until 80?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info