[3.4] RF/SR Pathfinder easy Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Red Maps with all mods

"
negue2 wrote:
Hey,

i've some notes on the fight in the encounternotes.
TLDR: dodge shaper orbs and keep up flasks

On your gear:
If you are not using aspect of the spider you can move 2 points from reduced reservation to max life.
You have 2 rare jewels without max life, would swap them for max life / burn damage ones.
Either of this changes should bring you close to 7k, which should be enough.

GL

Thanks for the reply. I tried but i failed... couldn't take the uberelder to half life.

I'll check up to improve the jewel, and to get an enlighten 4 to improve damage.

I probably need to learn to use a bit better the flask. The real problem is that the shaper spams so often the balls... and sometimes i cant see the ball in time to dodge.
Isn't there any options to reduce the damage taken by those balls? They do insane damage, even with 99% cold res i can be shotted by a single ball.

Anyway, would you do me a favor and kill the uberelder for me with my set? Of course if something good drops i'll tip. I'll try to kill it myself another day, wanna quit the zana's questline.
The shaper orbs do so much damage because they have cold penetration.
The only real way to reduce the damage is a cold damage taken as lightning damage talisman.

Not doing any uberelder service atm.
(80% on my way to lvl 98, each death is around 3-4 hours gone)
But you should be able to find other uberelder services.
"
negue2 wrote:
The shaper orbs do so much damage because they have cold penetration.
The only real way to reduce the damage is a cold damage taken as lightning damage talisman.

Not doing any uberelder service atm.
(80% on my way to lvl 98, each death is around 3-4 hours gone)
But you should be able to find other uberelder services.

I see.
Well i know that the balls have cold penetration but still... they do too much damage. I wonder how classic build that plays with 81% cold res manage to not die against the ball if they just don't see the shaper shoot the balls in time. Not to mention that while you are checking shaper, there are a lot of other threats incoming, and need to have a perfect management of flask... this fight is damn hard :p

What is the cons of a similar talisman? I mean, it surely isn't easy to farm one Avian like that but... i'll try to get one, there's the bestiary recipe to farm the tier 2 talisman and it's quite easy. After all, impresence seems totally useless in this fight, so even if i get a talisman with 50% cold damage taken as lightning damage and other useless crap stats, I think it will be better than an impresence.
Last edited by Serge91 on May 5, 2018, 11:43:34 AM
I tried this build as leg starter on flashback, just for test. Well. It is not the best for start, but it is possible, if you want. I started leveling at midnight with bow and sharp shot /blast rain. It was pretty slow to level up from 25 to 38lvl, but then I found 2 chaos and bougth divination distilate/cloak. Since that moment I switched to RF/SR and completed act4-10 pretty fast without any problem. Its possible to farm t1-t5 maps with standart leveling gear (cloak of flame, pyre, goldrim, etc) and to complete merc lab.

I bought wyrmsign, bloodgrip, ahn's heritage, Balefire, Coil, alphas as a first upgrade very fast. And then I got bored and stopped playing. But I'm sure I able to farm 100c more pretty fast to buy taste of hate. Finding good rare boots/belt/rings is an issue in the first 1-2 days also. Fragility costed too much to buy 2 for rampage (30c each). And of course its very hard to find watcher's eye even with 1 purity (But I see one with 2 auras for 4ex right now).

BTW, Balefire brokes div distilate working. I'm not sure if it's worth using.
Good to know, did lvl a pathfinder aswell this league but i switched to blade vortex at 20.

Did not see that balefire interaction, you're right its not worth it.
thx for the info.
Is this build viable as a league starter?
"
Superjeenius wrote:

As I said before - It's possible but not desirable. You can find core defence items pretty fast, but your dps will be low without costly items like impresence. IMHO
"
Superjeenius wrote:

Added to FAQ section.
thanks a lot.

May i use a rf elder helmet to get higher rf dmg and use empower,enlighten ,purity on cloth(color easy to get and more convinent on switching aura)?
"
zara160 wrote:
thanks a lot.

May i use a rf elder helmet to get higher rf dmg and use empower,enlighten ,purity on cloth(color easy to get and more convinent on switching aura)?

If you have a lvl 4 enlighten and grab 2 4% reduced reservation notes you could use 2 purities with empower/enlighten and the third in a +2 lvl unset ring.
Or you run 2 purities and miss out on 6% max res on one element.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info