[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Xavathos wrote:

It seems that Engineering Eternity's made a Jugg copy of this build (MS+CP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAuTev6ZYPI
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 24, 2018, 10:12:30 AM
First things first eh? Nice build I´d say. Pretty fun to play, pretty endgame viable I think and overall best class yet not best ascendency but that´s personal opinion and nothing more.
Funny enough, I am currently playing a similiar build to this one. After not playing last league, no interest and no time I was a bit out of the loop and still am but it seems Nebuloch molten strike hit the meta?
We pretty much have the same tree from what I can see only I am using Tombfists instead of gripped gloves because AS is such a big deal and resistances are not yet a problem. No Kaoms either for now but this will come eventually. The thing I didn´t think of was the vicious projectiles gem, so big thanks for pointing that one out! Huge damage boost for sure. The totem is something I dumpstered pretty fast after trying it since it´s just well not there? It dies so fast I don´t bother using it and my AS is fast enough without it anyway.
No IC either because I rather keep my charges and there is not much that can touch this char once he´s charged up. The charges are the weak spot on this build though. Without charges you will just fall over, there is no tankiness at all without them but that´s fine I think.
Once everything is set up in terms of final gear I´ll see if Jugger suits me better but that´s just because I am a Juggernaut at heart so it´s just a thing of “does it feel better to me?”.
"
Testnewbie wrote:
First things first eh? Nice build I´d say. Pretty fun to play, pretty endgame viable I think and overall best class yet not best ascendency but that´s personal opinion and nothing more.
Funny enough, I am currently playing a similiar build to this one. After not playing last league, no interest and no time I was a bit out of the loop and still am but it seems Nebuloch molten strike hit the meta?
We pretty much have the same tree from what I can see only I am using Tombfists instead of gripped gloves because AS is such a big deal and resistances are not yet a problem. No Kaoms either for now but this will come eventually. The thing I didn´t think of was the vicious projectiles gem, so big thanks for pointing that one out! Huge damage boost for sure. The totem is something I dumpstered pretty fast after trying it since it´s just well not there? It dies so fast I don´t bother using it and my AS is fast enough without it anyway.
No IC either because I rather keep my charges and there is not much that can touch this char once he´s charged up. The charges are the weak spot on this build though. Without charges you will just fall over, there is no tankiness at all without them but that´s fine I think.
Once everything is set up in terms of final gear I´ll see if Jugger suits me better but that´s just because I am a Juggernaut at heart so it´s just a thing of “does it feel better to me?”.

Hi there!

You can use either Vicious Projectiles or Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, both are great. For now, VP should be better for you because you still dont have Kaom's ways (test on PoB).

I use the totem for big bosses (guardians, shaper, elder...). It gives massives AS increase and Culling Strike (which is equivalent to 11% more damage). For mapping, it's rather not useful.

Yes, the entier build (damage+mitigation) is built around charges so you need them to survive.

Of course you can go jugg :D you'll just struggle with resistances a little bit, and will lack some damage. But EC generation is better with jugg (you probably can use immortal call). It's all about having fun after all :)
-
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 25, 2018, 10:39:42 AM
I keep getting 1 or 2 shot at the Minotaur. Is that how it's supposed to be and I just need to learn how to dodge better?
"
Krooner wrote:
I keep getting 1 or 2 shot at the Minotaur. Is that how it's supposed to be and I just need to learn how to dodge better?

Judging by your gear I am guessing your around 5.7K life with a abyssus. For boss killing you want to be around 6.5k life minimum. Are you at 8 endurance charges while engaging minotaur (the whole time)? If your not at capped endurance charges or let them fall off your a goner with a abyssus. This league I would recommend a rare helm with Life resists and the -9 fire res to nearby enemies. And then use some tombfists for the intimidate. I usually only start doing guardians around 92-94 (personal preference for the skill points and life boost). Mods on the minotaur map could also rip you. Frenzy on hit, unique boss damage/attack speed, monster damage or monster damage gained as elemental. All those could squash you fairly fast.

Edit: All your gems are level 19 with out quality, the 20/20 gems would give you a boost to your dps and defense. Also both your nebulochs are min rolled damage wise you could up those but they were 1ex each yesterday when I vaaled 10 of them trying to get fortify (no luck there tho).
Last edited by Moltentide on Sep 25, 2018, 10:02:30 PM
Thank you so much for the detailed analysis <3

I engage at 8 EC stacks. I also have about 6.4K life. So those shouldn't be the issue. I think you're right on the gems. I'll be working on those before I attempt Minotaur next. Hydra and Chimera I was fine with. I think the rare helm with the tombfists might be the way to go.

Much appreicated! :)
Sure thing! Minotaur has either been really easy or really hard for me too. Have a good time, let me know how the build works out. I have been playing more of cyclone scion this league.
"
Moltentide wrote:

Judging by your gear I am guessing your around 5.7K life with a abyssus. For boss killing you want to be around 6.5k life minimum. Are you at 8 endurance charges while engaging minotaur (the whole time)? If your not at capped endurance charges or let them fall off your a goner with a abyssus. This league I would recommend a rare helm with Life resists and the -9 fire res to nearby enemies. And then use some tombfists for the intimidate. I usually only start doing guardians around 92-94 (personal preference for the skill points and life boost). Mods on the minotaur map could also rip you. Frenzy on hit, unique boss damage/attack speed, monster damage or monster damage gained as elemental. All those could squash you fairly fast.

Edit: All your gems are level 19 with out quality, the 20/20 gems would give you a boost to your dps and defense. Also both your nebulochs are min rolled damage wise you could up those but they were 1ex each yesterday when I vaaled 10 of them trying to get fortify (no luck there tho).

Thank you very much!

"
Krooner wrote:
Thank you so much for the detailed analysis <3

I engage at 8 EC stacks. I also have about 6.4K life. So those shouldn't be the issue. I think you're right on the gems. I'll be working on those before I attempt Minotaur next. Hydra and Chimera I was fine with. I think the rare helm with the tombfists might be the way to go.

Much appreicated! :)

In addition to what Moltentide said, I would suggest you replace your Quicksilver Flask with a Basaltt flask with increased armour during flask effect, you will gain up to 9k armour with that and some phys dmg mitigation. You can also use the Formless Inferno helmet which gives a lot of armour with this build.
Hey first off build looks amazing.... lvling it right now alrdy got 2 kaoms way, corrupted kaoms boots, helmet with -9 fire res aura+enchant and so on

but i was wondering.... did you try immolate support vs ele focus? cause if the target is ignited combustion is more dps for me according to pob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info