[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
Xavathos wrote:

Oh so I can't talk about the class I prefer, but you can put yours on a pedestal constantly? Could you be anymore of a hypocrite? I never said Chief is garbage, by the way, those are your words. Chief and Jugg are so close in performance in this build that it's almost negligible and I've said that time and time again, but there are clear distinctions. I've said and proved that Juggernaut is better in some ways and you're not accepting my proof. I can live with that.

No one said you can't talk about the class you prefer. I just want you to be a little bit impartial. Juggernaut is better in some ways, yes, but you were giving no proof of what you were claiming. You were just like x = 9 so x > 10, and when I clarified things to you you just say ok, x=12 so x > 13 in every post. You can say chieftain is garbage compared to jugg without actually saying it. I don't like lasagna, pizza is much much easier to eat, pizza is way more delicious, lasagna makes me ill, pizza is .... isn't that just saying that lasagna is garbage compared to pizza?

"
Xavathos wrote:

Alright, ignoring that for a moment, would you then please for once give an example of the things you say, like I am constantly doing? You say things, but you don't back them up. It's so annoying to talk to you when you don't back up the things you claim. Maybe I am horribly wrong, I'll gladly admit that, but how I would know? You're so vague that I have no idea what you're talking about!

Here, watch what happens when I do that:

300 + 1 = 1003
Blue = Red
Silver is not a metal, it's a mushroom
Jugg is better than Chief

WHY? What makes it that I say these things? If I can't back them up with a proper reasoning, I'm really just saying things.

It helps to explain things. Tell me how Chief gets his endurance charges faster than crying 9 times? I'll paint the common Lab scenery for you: No mobs, nothing to kill, just traps and an obelisk. Go. :)

A very big LOL really, lol.

Page 1, under "BUILD UPDATE", "[3.4] Great buffs :"

"
fjtheknight wrote:

- I am also using rare 1h swords to generate endurance charges (just press x to swap weapons)

Page 43 :

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Maybe you can buy 2 Precursor's Emblem with "15% chance that if you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges", equip them when you swap weapons and you'll get your full EC after 4 seconds (hopefully).

If you find one with +1 extra EC, you can even replace Kaom's way rings.

As you can see, you're the one who's ignoring what I say. And this is just for EC generation. Usually, whenever I say something, I give exemple/proof, unless I already did in another post (main post usua&lly), or it is obvious that I don't think it needs more explanation or proof.

You're always accusing me of lying, being hypocrite, and other wonderful things, that you classify under "RESPECT", but it seems that you never read one thing of what I wrote and just keep yelling that I give no proof.

Would you then please for once give an example of the things you say, like I am constantly doing? You say things, but you don't back them up. It's so annoying to talk to you when you don't back up the things you claim. Maybe I am horribly wrong, I'll gladly admit that, but how I would know? You're so vague that I have no idea what you're talking about!
"
Insomniackk wrote:
Until now, easy killing everything in my way.

To EC i got a Red NIghtmare jewel for mapping, to bosses i go with Enduring cry in some worms(flask), 3EC are ok to start N boss to me.
Ill try my first Uber Elder soon, i believe it will be just fine too.

You can buy two elder sword that give 1EC every 4 seconds whene you're stationary (so 8 ECs after 16 sec) and add one or two Precursor's Emblem for much more faster generation. No need to lose one flask slot for worms.

"
Xavathos wrote:

Example: 5% higher max resistances, to the naked eye may seem like just 5% damage reduction, but because the regular cap is 75, you'd go from having 25% of the damage going through, to 20% going through. This feels like (and is) 20% damage reduction compared to the old situation.

When you get to the stage of the game where you are, damage is so high that stacking it will barely be noticeable, but the difference between losing a portal and/or 10% exp from a death or not, is huge. Spike damage is the only thing that kills this build and mitigation helps prevent that from happening.

I'll probably be flamed pretty hard for my opinion again saying this here, but eh, life is pain. :)

Lol, you can at least have more spell damage on low life.

What you said is true, and I said that many, many times, but you forgot that your EHP matters also.
So you say with 5% higher max res, you are getting 20% less damage than with 75% res, which is true. But if your EHP is more than 20% higher than with 80% resistance, you better stay at 75% res.

example (it is obvious though) :

hit = 30000
EHP1 = 6000 res1 = 80%
EHP2 = 7700 res2 = 75%

6000-30000*(100-80)/100=0 => you will die
7700-30000*(100-75)/100=200 => you will survive

"
Carrmatt93 wrote:
After getting the 500 box challenge I decided to try to re-spec into chieftain for the extra damage. Whilst the damage is pretty insane now, I can't help but feel it's gotten massively squishy for me compared to when I was running jugg (during which I could facetank shaper beam + uber elder degens actually gave time to react)

Getting all the new jewellery with tonnes of life was outside of my budget so I'm just working with what I have. So far I'm on 3/4 deadly encounters and nearly at delve 300 (haven't really focused on depth though).

The biggest problem for me so far has just been essentially random damage spikes killing me before I can react even with 9 charges + fortify, it's weird to me because even degens seem to just rail me, like I've bricked 3 uber elder sets because the squid degens or volatile anomaly degens kill me before I can even begin the leap slam animation.

This is a pastebin of the gear I'm currently using - https://pastebin.com/qVRRk8fZ

When I get enough currency to get jewels and an equivalent amulet that actually has a life role, I anticipate it getting a fair bit better.

For now, I suggest you replace Abyssus with either a rare helmet (life and cold resistance) or with Deidbellow. Replace vicious projectiles (or ECoMS) with Ancestral call for Uber Elder, it will help you clear faster and avoid degen.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
Many text. Wow.

Honestly, I didn't read every single thing in your main post, simply because you put a lot there and a lot of it simply isn't relevant to what I'm doing. But having said that, you're absolutely right. You can easily generate those charges by swapping to those weapons for it. I didn't even know that mod existed, haha.

Again though, you're copy pasting what I said and just repeating it back my way. Why? Why do you constantly have to antagonize me in the bottom of your posts? You can never address me in a respectful way, yet you tell me that I'm the one being disrespectful?

Did I insult you when I said I think Jugg is better or something? Are you a Chieftain irl? Are the CEO of Chieftain Ltd? I think you'd do well to understand that this game has extremely large amounts of approaches to achieving the same goals. Heck I could throw a Scion version in here if I wanted to mix things up yet further.

Building is fun and having people think about their own ways and their own spin on things is super important. That's how you find the best results. Deny what I say all you like, but you can't silence me.

But to end on a positive note, you were right about the charges and I was wrong. Both classes should be equally capable of doing the Lab. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Example: 5% higher max resistances, to the naked eye may seem like just 5% damage reduction, but because the regular cap is 75, you'd go from having 25% of the damage going through, to 20% going through. This feels like (and is) 20% damage reduction compared to the old situation.

When you get to the stage of the game where you are, damage is so high that stacking it will barely be noticeable, but the difference between losing a portal and/or 10% exp from a death or not, is huge. Spike damage is the only thing that kills this build and mitigation helps prevent that from happening.

I'll probably be flamed pretty hard for my opinion again saying this here, but eh, life is pain. :)

Lol, you can at least have more spell damage on low life.

What you said is true, and I said that many, many times, but you forgot that your EHP matters also.
So you say with 5% higher max res, you are getting 20% less damage than with 75% res, which is true. But if your EHP is more than 20% higher than with 80% resistance, you better stay at 75% res.

example (it is obvious though) :

hit = 30000
EHP1 = 6000 res1 = 80%
EHP2 = 7700 res2 = 75%

6000-30000*(100-80)/100=0 => you will die
7700-30000*(100-75)/100=200 => you will survive

What did you pull EHP into this example for? Who's even talking about that?
I was talking about mitigation, not EHP. Like you said it's obvious that 6k life with 80% res is worse than 7.7k life with 75% res. That's highschool math. Every build has access to the same life nodes and neither class gets any EHP from their ascendancy passives, so where's the relevance?

I only took resistance as an example, because anyone playing PoE and reading this would understand that concept. I did not do calculations other than explaining how large an impact a mere 5% mitigation can make on surviving large hits, which works the way with the physical mitigation Juggernaut offers on top of armour. Armour which fails to protect you from extremely high hits.

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 22, 2018, 11:45:49 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
Many text. Wow.

Honestly, I didn't read every single thing in your main post, simply because you put a lot there and a lot of it simply isn't relevant to what I'm doing. But having said that, you're absolutely right. You can easily generate those charges by swapping to those weapons for it. I didn't even know that mod existed, haha.

Again though, you're copy pasting what I said and just repeating it back my way. Why? Why do you constantly have to antagonize me in the bottom of your posts? You can never address me in a respectful way, yet you tell me that I'm the one being disrespectful?

Did I insult you when I said I think Jugg is better or something? Are you a Chieftain irl? Are the CEO of Chieftain Ltd? I think you'd do well to understand that this game has extremely large amounts of approaches to achieving the same goals. Heck I could throw a Scion version in here if I wanted to mix things up yet further.

Building is fun and having people think about their own ways and their own spin on things is super important. That's how you find the best results. Deny what I say all you like, but you can't silence me.

But to end on a positive note, you were right about the charges and I was wrong. Both classes should be equally capable of doing the Lab. :)

I'm copy pasting because my English is not great and couldn't find better words to say :D

And I have no class preference. I'm playing chief because I found it the most efficient class for this build, that's all. I've never wanted to silence anyone, have I ever asked you to leave this thread? I just want every one to prove what they say and not ignore what others say that's it :)
I love PoE for its build diversity and because you can make the same thing in thousand different manner, and I switched to ssf because I found it more interesting to make out of the box builds with what you find, and it's really cool. I hope this games stays alive for a very long time.
"
fjtheknight wrote:

I'm copy pasting because my English is not great and couldn't find better words to say :D

Oh, my apologies then. It comes across to me like you're mirroring things I say on purpose like little kids do when they have nothing better to say. It's quite rude and not very constructive. I mean, it's obvious that you don't like me here, haha. But that's okay, because that can make for the most interesting discussions.

I did not realise that it's your English preventing you from responding in the way you would have wished to. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future. It's a good thing you told me, because that has been wrongfully contributing a lot to my annoyance with you over the last few posts.

Knowledge, quite a thing, ain't it? :)

Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 22, 2018, 11:33:17 AM
Hi i cant see anything about mana here?? Am i stupid or what? Should i get mana leech or man on hit somewhere i cant see any on your items at all?
"
tobbedg wrote:
Hi i cant see anything about mana here?? Am i stupid or what? Should i get mana leech or man on hit somewhere i cant see any on your items at all?

Mana leech (duelist area)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info