Microtransaction Suggestions

sorry, but your perception of f2p is slightly off. ive played many f2ps and everyone of them has goldfarmers. in fact- its easier to get goldfarmers and new chars and accounts whenever one bot is banned.

atm i play vindictus EU beta (f2p)- and there are always several bots with their goldfarmer-sites ALL THE TIME- never a single second where tthe chatbox isnt spammed by them. atlantica online, runes of magic, ddo, lotro, champions... you cant run away from those suckers.

think about f2p and goldfarming: if you pay money for microtransactions instead of paying a monthly fee youve maybe payed about 5$ for a bit of stuff (visual items or boosts or pay2win-gear- it doesnt matter) and then you see a goldfarming-add for this f2p-game and you might think: "1million gold is only 5 more dollar and with the items from the AH i could buy myself the best gear with that and still be below a monthly fee- so why the hell not?"

i dont think f2p is off the hook when goldfarmers are concerned. the only thing that vanishes is: "i pay good money to have fun in this game every month.. i cant waste my IG-time on farming my own money- there must be a way to get it easier".
Only one thing I want - the ability to customize my character's gender. I'd love to make a female duelist. It's bogus that so far the only two females we have are ranged fighters. I love melee combat, and I'd also enjoy playing a female Templar.

Make that a microtransaction, and I'll buy.
"
aerows wrote:
It's bogus that so far the only two females we have are ranged fighters.
Ranger is perfectly capable of melee combat, and is not intended to be bows only.
@Azaes

I'm not sure that I was "off," simply watch the spam as some of the bigger hitters are released. D3 will get crushed, but they have the staffing to mitigate this, nonetheless it will happen.

As for PoE, if moderators let spam bots just flood chat as you said happens, then it is indeed a f2p as well as garbage. I really want to try this game, but if in my first few levels I have spamming @$$holes all over that could easily be banned/suspended I will surely leave as the game is not being monitored.

Let's play make believe... I am a super smart computer guy... I know people pay for a game monthly... yet there are other games that are free... hmm I would assume the pay/month players have at least a shred of disposable income so I would migrate that direction.

Either way, gold farming may very well occur, but not in the sense that it has for other games. (yes I am predicting the future, don't disturb) With the intent to exclude gold, the new trade-based items will help developers track huge gains in the event of farming etc.

This is not to discourage farming mind you as I farm with all of my characters. But any ingame character that has been approved to do such should be able to query the suspected botter and if no "human" response is given in say... 2 mins, auto ban.

Yes there are ways to make new accounts, and yes there are ways to make bots say "hello there *tips hat*" and so on so forth, I feel if the policing is diligent enough, these problems will solve themselves. I would assume a bots intake would vary greatly on where they were staged in game, so after getting banned say 5 times with a lvl 1-10 character, it would be difficult to be optimistic about the career of a botter at lvl 70+ in harder areas as I would hope they'd be more closely watched.

All generalizations are false.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info