Microtransaction Suggestions

HIS PASSIVE SKILL LEVEL IS OVER 9,000!!!
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
... Maby a goku hair cut just for me would be an exception
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Any show that can gain that much popularity and do nothing for a span of 4 episodes is doing something epic. lol
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I remember a sentence Freezah said.

HAHAHAHHAH the planet is going to explode in 15 more seconds!Took 5 more episodes before the planet blew up. Fkn epic. Every one of those 24 min eps he counted down from 15 haha.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
"
sodahucker wrote:
5. You should let as many people as possible play the beta... However, if there is going to be a limited amount, can we pay a small "support us" fee to be gauranteed a beta spot?

Thanks

I don't think they would do this. There was a huge debate back a bit ago about trading some Mythos (I think?) keys for some PoE keys that ruffled some feathers. I don't think GGG would go for selling some keys to get into the beta because of this.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
I think that Auras would be a nice thing to have. It would be something that I think would be easy enough to do, but also something that people would want to get.
to return to the topic. i especially like the way DDO works in their f2p-model. the more you play the more you unlock but you can pick what you unlock and when. its a bit of a pain from time to time.. but not impossible to play everything at the same level like everyone else. i love this path they went and hate it when other f2pgames try this and fail because they didnt get the overall idea that pay2win is bad. its THE f2p-model that makes nearly every MMO's knees shake. look into their microtransaction-model pls

some try to do their f2p with visual items and end up making everything a f2player wears and does look so bad or bore those players with their locked content and end up putting in pay2win-items anyway.

rent-an-item should be avoided imho. atm im playing vindictus in its european beta (they basically repeat the whole beta they already had 1 year ago in america- and there is much wrong with THAT idea as a whole- but i wont get into that) and they seem to use a rent-an-item approach... its a bit stupid the way they do it. you can rent (!) hair and eyecolours and thats just wierd
I was thinking about how stash size and personal inventory modifications could me considered an imbalance. personal inventory is a no-brainer. Characters doing MF runs will be able to stay away from town longer and therefore reap much more reward per time spent. The stash is a bit trickier. As Chris stated it is fairly massive, but from what I have seen, read, and deduced, there should be two types of trade-able items. consumable vs. non-consumable.

Scouring stones and such would be consumable and just as toilet paper or soap in a retail store, demand will always be high and prices competitive. The inventory space for these items is small and they all seem to be stackable.

The non-consumable items would be a different story. There was mention of the possibility of a 6 slotted 2 handed weapon. depending on the socket colors and whether they are linked or not, these items could be extremely useful and rare. Having a high quality white one would be something of interest to possible traders. The ability to attempt to "pimp" these out as Lumin states would always be there and if one weren't happy with the results they could always scour it back to non-magical and try again. These items take quite a bit of space in the stash and seeing as a character will want to stock up on several different types of weapons/shields, to be able to trade with a larger audience, having an even larger stash may allow them to become the more efficient merchant.

I don't know a single soul that played D2 without a mule and I'm pretty sure there will be a bit of muling in PoE, but being able to bypass muling altogether with a larger stash will give the paying player more reward for time spent which I would argue is not "only cosmetic."

give us it
DanAbnormal
All generalizations are false.
I've been following this game, and I would really hate for it not to make as much money as it should. So how about participating in the customer trade and sale of items and gold? Charging a flat fee to sell and trade items for real money, as in Diablo 3.

You're going to have gold farmers and black market sales anyway, and you really can't stop it. A searchable game related market would prevent all those less than scrupulous sites that sell gold and items for real money. As I understand it such illegal sales put a financial burden on gaming companies in terms of accounts being hacked etc...

The flat sale fee also prevents the perception of you encouraging such sales and profiting from making items more expensive or rarer.

A real money market driven by players would also allow you to maintain your "ethical micro-transaction" by keeping external micro-transactions out of the game.

The reality is some players have time and some players have money, and the players with money will pay for someone elses time.

However I'm not sure of the infrastructure costs of establishing such a market
IMHO
blizz kinda goofed. a listing price for AH as well as a cash out was just too much.

the topic i meant to address was the "black market." i sincerely doubt that there will be farmers for at least the first 2 years of this game. keep in mind it is in beta, there will be changes, and it's f2p.

this means:

1. any botting software or repetitive cyclicle behavior will not likely prove useful in upcoming patches.

2. HOPEFULLY ppl caught botting will be banned... and executed.

3. free to play means this will draw the LEAST attention from other sites looking to sell you gold and whatnot.

Many of the people playing PoE possibly do not have the time or cash to get involved seriously into an rpg. As long as irl cash items are bought to only improve aesthetics, there should be no reason for 3rd parties to jump in.
All generalizations are false.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info