[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

Love the build. Shifted from Enki's Arc to this due to a recommendation of one of my guild mates.

I experimented a bit with wand/shield setup but also with dual wield. Currently with dual Void Batteries and gotta say, yes it's more glassy, but you even have more kaboom.

What gave me an additional upside is the gloves with +fast cast, +blind for the OoS setup.

Now I only need to incorporate the lightning leech somewhere else than on the rings, as I prefer having the setup with Mark of Shaper with an Elder Essence worm.
how bad would it be to try running this build on an Ascendant. take the elementalist and either the inquisitor or slayer.
Have you updated your 3.6 Skill Tree? There seems to be some changes
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
The last time Swiks has been online is six weeks ago.
Hey guys, I was indeed absent these last weeks due to a multiple of things, IRL things, and the League wasn't too appealing for me, and the challenges too RNG based to my tastes.

Anyway I'll be there for 3.7 and will be sure to update everything for the Legion League start ! Not much should change though but let's wait for the Patch Notes
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
The build is dead since core mechanics will be nerfed. Taking proliferation is already bad but reducing the shock is super ugly. I really wonder if they will replace it with something good, something useful and fun to play. Looking back at GGG’s nerfs history it’s more likely the whole ascendancy class will be shredded.
New meta is melee. I’m not happy, not happy at all.
Some bad news in the Patch Notes but the build is far from dead !

Yes, it's will be less good compared to Synthesis but it was so massively buffed last patch that this patch only bring it down to Betrayal level. Which was the second best version (after Synthesis).

Now for what they did, they nerfed Beacon of Ruin :

* They nerfed the minimum shock so if you keep the same investment in Shock effect as before you will only get around 36% Shocks. The solution will be to path up there and pick up the Static Blows node give a lot of Shock Effectiveness so you will be around 43% Shocks which is really good. Not the 50% dream Shock but still better than a lot of Ascendancy nodes.

* No more proliferation... this hurts. No more chain Inpulsa explosion UNLESS you Socket in Elemental Proliferation Support in your main links (basically playing on a 5L when clearing maps) and swap it out for Ele. Focus vs bosses.

I really doesn't like this second change, Proliferation was the identity of the Elementalist and I suspect that they did it to reduce the Elementalist playerbase so they switch to the melee meta. I agree that Beacon of Ruin was a very very strong Node, it was also build enabling and removing this mechanic will hurt a lot of builds.

But all in all and as much as I don't like it, this change didn't kill this build, melee meta eague means cheaper prices, and we still don't know what new uniques/crafts we are getting this so potentially some indirect buffs are out there !

So don't worry, I will still keep this guide updated as it's still a very strong self-casting build !
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
Last edited by Swiks on Jun 5, 2019, 12:17:11 PM
Hello,

I start playing PoE in synthesis with enki arc and i love play lightning spell in H&S im hesistate for playing divine ire(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778/page/1) who i have already test and i like it but i want to ask if your build is better for start a league ?

the problem with your build its need the inpulsa for clean realy good i think (maybe not i never play your build).

can you tell my if i can survive even against unique boss in T10+ with a budget version or its hard ?

can you tell me the total cost of your build approximately in the 15-20 day of a league start ? (not the full stuff perfect stat but just the base of unique / rare descent stat).

can its not better starting with scion and get the same tree but other ascendancy (not hard nerfed) ?

Or it is not better pick liege of primordial and elemancer insted of shaper of desolation and beacon of ruin because that allow you to cannot be shocked and ignited + he have the buff of lightning and fire golem its not better ?

Thanks.
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Jun 6, 2019, 7:28:06 AM
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
Hello,

I start playing PoE in synthesis with enki arc and i love play lightning spell in H&S im hesistate for playing divine ire(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778/page/1) who i have already test and i like it but i want to ask if your build is better for start a league ?

the problem with your build its need the inpulsa for clean realy good i think (maybe not i never play your build).

can you tell my if i can survive even against unique boss in T10+ with a budget version or its hard ?

can you tell me the total cost of your build approximately in the 15-20 day of a league start ? (not the full stuff perfect stat but just the base of unique / rare descent stat).

can its not better starting with scion and get the same tree but other ascendancy (not hard nerfed) ?

Or it is not better pick liege of primordial and elemancer insted of shaper of desolation and beacon of ruin because that allow you to cannot be shocked and ignited + he have the buff of lightning and fire golem its not better ?

Thanks.

Hey man :)
His/her build is a way more defensive one, Trickster is a very good defensive Ascendancy. I think if you are new to the game, you will have more fun with a non-glass canon build.

For the items my build isn't that expensive, Inpulsa will crash in price pretty early in the league. Mind of the Council will be next to free and other general Spell gear will be cheap because of the meta getting shifted to melee. It's hard to tell how much it will cost but if you drop an exalt you will have all the necessary items.

The budget version of this build is more tanky than the min-maxed one because you have to compensate the "lack" of damage with more tankiness so you will be fine with T10 bosses. That said if you are worried about being a glass canon this build might not be for you.

Scion will be good, Trickster or Inquisitor will be fine with some change (ditching the Shock basically, but that's like forgetting the purpose of the build).

No, Becon of Ruin is the most important node in the Elementalist tree.
If you make an Elementalist build and don't take that node, then you shouldn't have picked Elementalist at all. If you see an Elementalist build without that node it's either a mistake or a very unoptimized build. Read the How it Works part of the guide to see how this node works.

So it will be at least as good as previous league, now we wait for uniques and crafts reveal to see if you can squeeze in a bit more damage/tankyness :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info