[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

I wanna replace Beacon of Ruin to Paragon of Calamity and change skill hypothermia to infuse channelling.then it will no need Dex,can change Virdian jewel to another one.
use your pob link,DPS is 1,800,000 Lightning Tendrils + 1,000,000 Arc + 400,000 Lightning bolts + 200,000 Orb of Storm = 3M4 dps Shaper. but infuse channelling give us a buff imporve 10% dps.it will be near 3M8.
then we can rush reflect map and reduce 8% damge taken by infuse channelling.
is this work?
Please forgive my poor English.
"
endlessooxx wrote:
I wanna replace Beacon of Ruin to Paragon of Calamity and change skill hypothermia to infuse channelling.then it will no need Dex,can change Virdian jewel to another one.
use your pob link,DPS is 1,800,000 Lightning Tendrils + 1,000,000 Arc + 400,000 Lightning bolts + 200,000 Orb of Storm = 3M4 dps Shaper. but infuse channelling give us a buff imporve 10% dps.it will be near 3M8.
is this work?

I've read your comment and the one about static blows, i've swapped hypothermia to infused channeling (same dmg multiplier, don't rely on cold source nor conflux, get defensive boost also), replaced beacon of ruin to paragon of calamity (run reflect + leech), and changed my tree to look like bellow on lvl 91, didn't check on pob, but it seems good to me:

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAPcAECMBAHgEBwSzBUIHHgj0D8QRDxEtEZYaOBzcHRQdgycvLJwtfTBbMtE6WDrYO3xBlkVHRZ1JT0lRTLNTUlXGakN8g36vf8aCEIKbg9uFMo0ZjmSPGo_6kFWVLpctmuCiAKKjrJeus7WFtvq4yrmTvKq86sBmwbTDCdAf0PXVptlf3YzfsOAS6-7r9e9Q7-vwH_DV8h33pq7_MPj60hZv42okqjbpkye-iqEvj6ZEq1WuDkhd8ioLcFKJ04w2VUth4iaVFr9tGSL0bAusmBBYdhGPRqcITC0UsPTpNolnvZhTBuekBUZSTItrepD6yL_fbe9L_EwAAAAAAA==
Last edited by shydo on Mar 26, 2019, 7:54:15 AM
"
endlessooxx wrote:
is this work?

I wouldn't drop Beacon of Ruin ever in literally ANY Elementalist build, even on golem builds. Beacon of Ruin is the reason this ascendancy is good, if you don't pick it you are doing something wrong and it would be better to pick another ascendancy.
It gives 50% MORE damage, the ability to use Hypothermia consistently (one of the best support gem damage wise) and proliferates Shock to explode entire packs with Inpulsa.
If you want to drop something, drop Mastermind of Discord.

Anyway, something seems off in your calculation.
My PoB is (Without Vaal Arc or Vaal RF) -> 1M6 Lightning Tendrils, 1M3 Arc, 300k Orb of Storms, 350k Lightning Bolt : around 3M5.

If you change Beacon of Ruin for Paragon of Calamity you have to untick Shocked and Chilled (and change Hypothermia by Infused Channeling). It gives -> 1M2 Lightning Tendrils, 720k Arc, 230k Orb of Storms, 260k Lightning Bolt : around 2M4. And this is with Infused active and "Hit by Lightning damage recently" which both are not up 100% of the time.

Now if you drop Mastermind of Discord instead -> 1M4 LT, 1M1 Arc, 260k OoS, 290k LB : around 3M.
You can drop Controlled Destruction for Infused Channeling if you want to benefit from the reduced Lightning Damage.

"
shydo wrote:
"
endlessooxx wrote:

I've read your comment and the one about static blows, i've swapped hypothermia to infused channeling (same dmg multiplier, don't rely on cold source nor conflux, get defensive boost also), replaced beacon of ruin to paragon of calamity (run reflect + leech), and changed my tree to look like bellow on lvl 91, didn't check on pob, but it seems good to me:

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAPcAECMBAHgEBwSzBUIHHgj0D8QRDxEtEZYaOBzcHRQdgycvLJwtfTBbMtE6WDrYO3xBlkVHRZ1JT0lRTLNTUlXGakN8g36vf8aCEIKbg9uFMo0ZjmSPGo_6kFWVLpctmuCiAKKjrJeus7WFtvq4yrmTvKq86sBmwbTDCdAf0PXVptlf3YzfsOAS6-7r9e9Q7-vwH_DV8h33pq7_MPj60hZv42okqjbpkye-iqEvj6ZEq1WuDkhd8ioLcFKJ04w2VUth4iaVFr9tGSL0bAusmBBYdhGPRqcITC0UsPTpNolnvZhTBuekBUZSTItrepD6yL_fbe9L_EwAAAAAAA==

Infused Channeling and Hypothermia are not the same multiplier, IC scales Lightning Tendrils damage by 39% but Arc is only getting 10% more conditionally. And you will see in action that it's easier to find a single 1-2 Cold damage to spells on an Abyssal Jewel than channel for a full second every time to get the buff.

On your tree, picking Static Blows if you don't take Beacon of Ruin isn't really efficient, the Shock Effect is wasted so it's basically 5 points for 55% crit and 30% increased damage. Compare that to 5% penetration and 46% increased ele damage of Divine Judgment.

Now if you drop Mastermind of Discord instead, going for Static Blows is a good move imo.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Could you please take a look and tell me why my build is missing 1M DPS? I can't pinpoint the big difference. It's really difficult not running MoM but ES.
Next upgrade would be Aul's Uprising (5 ex) to run Wrath as 4th aura and a 6l Inpulsa's (8 ex), but Inpulsa's low ES won't help with survivability.

Right now I'm running Zealotry for the 30 % leech buff, it keeps me alive most of the time.
Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, I'm still dying a lot. Immortal Call is necessary for all the ranged shooters, otherwise I'd get one hitted way too often. The Vertex would be a nice addition, but I think GGG simply forgot updating it to reduced mana reservation instead of cost.
Another issue going ES is Careful Planning, but CI + ES is really nice to level. I'm simply enjoying the mechanics, all it really needs right now is a huge DPS boost.
Hey there! This is my first time playing POE for real and I've been really enjoying your build! I've been upgrading my gear slowly but surely but today I made a major mistake :S I spent everything I had on an inpulsa with wrong sockets, thinking that I would just reforge it until I get the desired socket but the armor is corrupted!! Here's what I got:
Red - Green
Blue - Red - Blue - Blue

Do you think that I could make use of it without losing too much dps compare to my 6 linked Tabula?

Thank you!
I made this build with Inquis + Eternity shroud to ingore both ele + chaos monster resist.
Pls look my profile i 2 sec delete shaper! Expensive gear
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
"
Leoricsbride wrote:
Hey there! This is my first time playing POE for real and I've been really enjoying your build! I've been upgrading my gear slowly but surely but today I made a major mistake :S I spent everything I had on an inpulsa with wrong sockets, thinking that I would just reforge it until I get the desired socket but the armor is corrupted!! Here's what I got:
Red - Green
Blue - Red - Blue - Blue

Do you think that I could make use of it without losing too much dps compare to my 6 linked Tabula?

Thank you!

I'm a total noob but I believe there's a recipe to change socket colors, quite expensive but not Ex-expensive if you know what I mean.
I don't understand why use Arc while channeling.

My current setup is having 5 support gems for Tendrils and I run Arc for mapping with it's own support gems.

On PoB any time I put Arc (or any spell really) with CwC into the Tendrils links it reduces my overall damage by at least 10%, does PoB not consider the Arc increased shock or bonus damage from chains? What am I missing?

Tendrils with full support deals about 700k for me, Tendrils with CwC and Arc/Nova 500-600k let's say.
Just now noticed you didn't take 'Static Blows' which after the 3.6 patch is quite needed, found out the hard way when I saw my damage on PoB was not as high as expected.

This is a must have point especially for the budget variation since it gives in total 50% shock increase, not to mention the damage/crit chance increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info