[3.3] Pure Skeleton Warriors Summoner, 1.9M Shaper DPS (Videos Inside)

"
Hello there, i'm starting to enjoy this build even tho it is a bit slow, my first time trying a summoner build. Any idea where i should upgrade my gear next? i got a few ex to spend.

Get a level 21 vaal summon skeleton. The vaal skeles are a massive improvement against bosses, and helps a TON when doing high tier incursions. I am usually able to get two casts of it out in a single incursion and this is usually enough to full clear it with time remaining to shove a stone of passage in a door. It also helps a lot when doing the vaals and trio of uber, and in breaches it is just amazing as you have skeles killing mobs on all sides of it.

Consider taking a look through the last few pages of this forum topic. There are a number of different variations on this build, some of which use zombies and spectres or different gear choices.

Also, consider replacing the redblade band with a temple mod ring like this, which is a big HP boost.
Last edited by mardukthewolf on Jun 29, 2018, 11:09:47 PM
I'm currently leveling a character based on build. I used zombies, spectres and summon skeleton on a total until about level 80 (yes, silly me) but have now switched to almost all of the correct gems and links and I'm impressed, even at the low level of content at which I'm currently playing.

I have two questions:

How vital is Kaom's Heart to the build? Is it the case that the character would simply not have enough life without it to do the higher level end-game content?
What are the best possible alternatives?

Aside from having Bone Offering apply to you also (which I would guess is very helpful at end-game) what are the reasons for choosing Mistress of Sacrifice over Puppet Master? The boost to the skeletons seems as though it would be significant and preferable to the benefit of Mistress of Sacrifice.

Cheers!
"
seth123888 wrote:
Great build, i usually don't post anything on threads but i wanted to let everyone enjoying this build know that it is indeed endgame ready i cleared shaper deathless 5 days into the league and Uber atziri 6 days in. This is my second league i've played the game for and the first leauge i've attempted Uber elder on i bricked one set learning the fight and downed him the second time. So the build is 100% uber elder possible with practice. I ended up switched some things around being dropping kaoms heart for a 6L belly and use 2 solar guards dropping mistress of sacrafice and commander of darkness for Soul reaver and puppet master. I use kaoms roots for endgame content to keep my HP high im sitting around 7.4k with roots and Belly here was my gear set up for Uber elder.

The debate with the 1h/2h minion damage items i still think that femurs with the build set up i have works much better since for each specter you have you gain an additional 8-12% Minion damage per specter
aswell as all the skellys giving your specs a huge cast speed buff. this change makes both bossing and clear speed CRAZY i can run through t16 maps deathless i also switched bone offering for flesh

Thanks Catharsis for the great build idea!

What's the benefit of using a 6L Belly instead of a Hungry Loop? Sure, it has 5 supports instead of 4 but you could keep Kaom's and get other shoes.
I am searching around for a decent summoner build. My only qualm with starting to use this one is the 'Animate Guardian' Is is necessary to use one? I've always avoided the skill because it's a pretty annoying thing to manage.
"
MrVasmir wrote:
I am searching around for a decent summoner build. My only qualm with starting to use this one is the 'Animate Guardian' Is is necessary to use one? I've always avoided the skill because it's a pretty annoying thing to manage.

No. Animate guardian is not necessary at all. I have done nearly all content and never felt the need for it.

"
The_Succubus wrote:
I'm currently leveling a character based on build. I used zombies, spectres and summon skeleton on a total until about level 80 (yes, silly me) but have now switched to almost all of the correct gems and links and I'm impressed, even at the low level of content at which I'm currently playing.

I have two questions:

How vital is Kaom's Heart to the build? Is it the case that the character would simply not have enough life without it to do the higher level end-game content?
What are the best possible alternatives?

Aside from having Bone Offering apply to you also (which I would guess is very helpful at end-game) what are the reasons for choosing Mistress of Sacrifice over Puppet Master? The boost to the skeletons seems as though it would be significant and preferable to the benefit of Mistress of Sacrifice.

Cheers!

Kaoms heart is not required, you can do well with a belly and still be able to get more than 7k life, belly will open up zombies or spectres to you as well. Kaoms makes a big difference in surviving big hits in harder content, though.

Mistress of sacrifice offers more block chance to you via bone offering which combos well with rumi's concoction. However, the last ascendancy is personal preference and I found pupped master to be more effective. If you want to use zombies/spectres you could easily grab any of the other nodes as well. Just use what you like the most.
Very cool guide.

I am going for it in HC and i am a POE noob : So i was browsing for suggestions and variation trough the discussion, and there is quite a lot of possible variations, kinda difficult to know what's best for a budget HC variation !

There seems to be 4 main stuff variations :
1 : femur with 5-6 socket (a little expensive for me)
2 : armor 6 socket with empower : doable but still expensive
3 : stat stick with minion damage and lion shield with 4 link helm with minions affixes
4 : omni staff : very expensive

So i settled for the 3rd option with a belly of the beast, it seems like it will be the most defensive option, but i'm not even sure.

For the gem setup, there is quite a few variation too.

- vaal skel or not vaal skel?
- animate gardian
- spectre/zombies meatshield
- cast when it immortal call/convocation/molten/...
- blasphemy temporal chains
- vaal haste
- some curses on hit (with scorch ray ? lightning whatever ?)
- some kind of offering (bone ? flesh ? blood ?).
- some movement skill ? with faster cast or not ?
- clarity and golem seems to be must have, but several possibilities to gem it.
- desecrate needed too

There can be change in the tree depending on the number of curse too, so that might be worth to have only one, but wich one ?

I'm kinda lost honnestly :)
"
Very cool guide.

I am going for it in HC and i am a POE noob : So i was browsing for suggestions and variation trough the discussion, and there is quite a lot of possible variations, kinda difficult to know what's best for a budget HC variation !

There seems to be 4 main stuff variations :
1 : femur with 5-6 socket (a little expensive for me)
2 : armor 6 socket with empower : doable but still expensive
3 : stat stick with minion damage and lion shield with 4 link helm with minions affixes
4 : omni staff : very expensive

So i settled for the 3rd option with a belly of the beast, it seems like it will be the most defensive option, but i'm not even sure.

For the gem setup, there is quite a few variation too.

- vaal skel or not vaal skel?
- animate gardian
- spectre/zombies meatshield
- cast when it immortal call/convocation/molten/...
- blasphemy temporal chains
- vaal haste
- some curses on hit (with scorch ray ? lightning whatever ?)
- some kind of offering (bone ? flesh ? blood ?).
- some movement skill ? with faster cast or not ?
- clarity and golem seems to be must have, but several possibilities to gem it.
- desecrate needed too

There can be change in the tree depending on the number of curse too, so that might be worth to have only one, but wich one ?

I'm kinda lost honnestly :)

I think you'll have a bad time doing this in HC if you're entirely new to summoners and PoE in general but that's your choice to make.

The greatest thing about summoners (or necro) is that you can play it a hundred different ways and still be very succesful. Catharsis uses Femurs and goes for a massive HP-pool. I, for one, run skin of the loyal and an empower with 1h/shield every single league, i still find ways to tinker with the build or improve it. You can use any option you enjoy, just fantasy wise, but i think that playing with a 1h/shield will probably be easier for you in HC. Also, if you really like the idea of the build you could check on poe.ninja and see what other people are doing in HC to make it work! I think most people would go for a VERY safe rendition of this, i.e. MoM, extremely high HP-pool and less focused on the lil damage gimmicks most of use in SC use.
Last edited by DoomHammer_Zozobra on Jul 4, 2018, 9:59:27 AM
"

I think you'll have a bad time doing this in HC if you're entirely new to summoners and PoE in general but that's your choice to make.

Why would it be so ? It doesnt seems less tanky or more difficult to play ?

Thank you for poe ninja, i'm looking into it, seems to be a great ressource.

Edit - I have a question about helms : what is better, a +2 minion supported by a damage minion support, or a +3 minion ?
Last edited by herazul on Jul 4, 2018, 12:34:14 PM
+3 with minion damage of cours

Well i cant have that, it's insanely expensive x)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info