EV/Dodge characters - how to cheat death?

If you play dodge/EV you need to have phys mitigation with fortify end charges, taste of hate basalt etc etc. Elemental damage with dodge is easy pz but if you get crit by a pure phys hit you are dead 100% if you don't have any of these. Ofc don't facetank and have leech is good defense as well. Pantheon powers help with this too.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
ya coil really is the superjuice for evasion builds.

In my mind theres 3 types of evasion builds...

evasion with a coil and dodge.

evasion with armour, no dodge.

evasion with ci, no dodge.

and then for those in the perm league theres a 4th evasion method...

evasion with a legacy kaoms and dodge.

I wouldnt even consider for a moment making a serious evasion build that wasnt one of those. If youre going softcore magic finder or softcore budget lolcopter crit attack cannon just to mow down masses of mobs and get loots in a league with some horrendous death count then ya sure, evasion + dodge + 6k life, why not.

Those 3 (4) options I mentioned above can be ferociously strong, for sure, potentially as good as almost anything else you can put together. But wander off those paths at your own peril imo. If you can make something else work then fair play, power to you, if you go for something else and it doesnt work in high maps tho then Im not surprised and my only advice would be to change what youre doing to one of those options if youre looking for air tight high lvl mapping defences.
Evasion with Armour + Spell dodge and Add an AA on top of that ( fortify if you are champ) - Perfect form

Diviersify your portfolio of defenses on top of 6k-7k life. im at 92 and still need 3 more levels and gear upgrades to cross 6k life and get 75% chance to evade as a perma fortify champ.

Only downside is i cant for the life of me find a reasonable way to keep divination distillate up all the time.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Mar 13, 2018, 6:01:44 PM
Some of my strongest builds have been evasion dodge (kb wander). Certainly isn't trash. Need big life pool and high sustain to mitigate occasional big hits. Generally it is a ranged build mechanic as it works best with manual evasion by moving to avoid dangerous stuff.
I can't see what build you're playing, but if you're doing spellcasting, sometimes the eclipse solaris is more defensive than a shield for wands, permablind on bosses. Blasphemy Enfeeble combined with high dodge and perma blind is even better.

Kintsugi is also decent for dodging as if you DO get hit, you take 20% less damage, and once hit, it gives you +50% increased evasion.
Last edited by Blakwhysper on Mar 13, 2018, 6:14:34 PM
"
ladish wrote:
Some of my strongest builds have been evasion dodge (kb wander). Certainly isn't trash. Need big life pool and high sustain to mitigate occasional big hits. Generally it is a ranged build mechanic as it works best with manual evasion by moving to avoid dangerous stuff.

cant beat that. Avoid taking damage in the first place and if you do have enough life to occasional small chunk hits.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I'm using CWDT setup with enfeeble and IC. Whirling blades with blind and fortify. Flask for evasion, flask for dodge. This is all nothing. W/o going to scion life wheel there is no chance to get past 6k hp. From end tree I will have 220% life, I have mid T1 hp rolls on every gear piece. I'm not dumb, I just see that this game have changed too much from hard casual h'n's to game dedicated to 1% of its old community. I'm not gonna play the meta RF, Totem, DP cause why would I play something that is played by 90% of players? This shit needs balance like it had in the past days of glory. Now its just becoming more and more of a clown fest.

And no I can't simply dodge/kite all damage as I'm playing melee, if anyone was wondering why I didn't just dodge all shits, then I suggest reading again with more focus. Thanks in advance for any replies.
"
imperishable wrote:
I'm using CWDT setup with enfeeble and IC. Whirling blades with blind and fortify. Flask for evasion, flask for dodge. This is all nothing. W/o going to scion life wheel there is no chance to get past 6k hp. From end tree I will have 220% life, I have mid T1 hp rolls on every gear piece. I'm not dumb, I just see that this game have changed too much from hard casual h'n's to game dedicated to 1% of its old community. I'm not gonna play the meta RF, Totem, DP cause why would I play something that is played by 90% of players? This shit needs balance like it had in the past days of glory. Now its just becoming more and more of a clown fest.

And no I can't simply dodge/kite all damage as I'm playing melee, if anyone was wondering why I didn't just dodge all shits, then I suggest reading again with more focus. Thanks in advance for any replies.

This game will punish you for playing melee in the actual melee range. Sudden 1 shots only way to prevent that is dont take hits . I learn't a lot playing crit cleave. So now I fake melee with ranged skills tagged melee but are played at ranged with all the defenses i had for melee and more. So far its been a very fun , enjoyable and smooth experience. 6K life is the minimum 1 shot barrier - 7k life is a safe bet , unless you do something stupid where no amount of life can save you.
Even i am struggling to cross the 6K barrier ,
But remember there are
1. Abyss jewels with life
2. Normal jewls with % increased maximum life.

If each of your jewel has life either flat or percentage besides damage it adds up. But yeah some builds cant do much damage if they go ape shit on life.

Regarding to dodging shit - Using a movement skill that you feel most comfortable with is important.
for me whirling blade offers lot of flexibility to my playstyle and i absolutely base my build selection on weather it can use it or not.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Mar 13, 2018, 7:52:47 PM
You just need to get more life to be honest. That's just how defences work in this game, nothing beats more life. Getting evasion/dodge is nice as a secondary layer, but you will always need a good life pool behind it, especially if you are melee. You shouldn't really pick up any evasion nodes, unless it gives some life as well.

It sucks that the game is like this, but as long as they won't update how defences work, you are just stuck with life stacking.

But you would break 7k life with t1 rolls on every piece and 220% life on the tree. Or at least be close to it.
Last edited by Tortunga on Mar 13, 2018, 7:54:37 PM
"
imperishable wrote:
W/o going to scion life wheel there is no chance to get past 6k hp.

Ive got 7k life on melee evasion rangers without going to the scion wheel, wearing a lightning coil chest so no belly or kaoms life buff body armours. I dont go any further left than the duelist start.

you got to take advantage of the jewel slots, I probably have 3 or 4 jewels with 7% life on those sort of builds. Were talking lvl94/95 characters tho, not lvl78 obviously.

Im pretty sure every ranger I have is over 6k life and none of them go to the scion wheel afaik.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info