[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

How to proc arcane surge if you do not have uber lab yet?
Would power spihon be better than frenzy cuz it already shots multiple projectiles and have culling strike?
IGN: Desu_, Sydvest, Enyce
"
vekara wrote:
Would power spihon be better than frenzy cuz it already shots multiple projectiles and have culling strike?

You can use power siphon if you want, but you already generate power charges via romira's and you'd lose frenzy charges. You use the culling link primarily for the attack speed, although culling is nice to have as well.
so can we remove romira's and use siphon instead of frenzy? that ring slot...
It frees ring slot and 2 gem slots. You can get bloodrage if frenzy charges are important. Also you can linkå curse on hit or life on hit for power siphon...
IGN: Desu_, Sydvest, Enyce
Last edited by vekara on Jun 8, 2018, 1:01:52 AM
You can test power siphon without romira's, but I imagine it will not generate enough endurance charges against bosses/single target. You have no accuracy, so you will miss with a lot of attacks and you have to be in attack range for power charges (VD searches out enemies in a wide area), and only your default attack will generate charges instead of every spell/attack.

Give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.
Arcane surge no longer procs with summoning Phantasm I got around this by using a Flame dash at the start of combat, until you can you uber lab of course. :)
Last edited by Pugmilamber on Jun 9, 2018, 2:52:31 AM
I'm having so much fun with this build! I'm just starting yellow maps but so far it's been a breeze.

My gear isn't very good yet and I don't have much currency saved up; my plan is to aim for a 5L Loreweave with 80 Res as my next purchase. Would the best way to go about it be to find a "cheap" one and get it to 80 Res with divine orbs, or to just purchase one that's already rolled that way? I figure I'll have to 5L it with a prophecy or Vorici, as a 6L is going to be out of my price range for quite some time.

I thought about looking for rings to make it myself but I'm not sure if that would end up costing much less than just buying the armor outright.

I'd like to run Cast on Hit with Flammability or Enfeeble but right now I don't have enough sockets. Here's my gear, which is still a work in progress. Any advice would be welcome, though at this point I guess it's just grinding for currency to purchase the big upgrades.

Spoiler
"
JonathanPDX wrote:
Would the best way to go about it be to find a "cheap" one and get it to 80 Res with divine orbs, or to just purchase one that's already rolled that way? I figure I'll have to 5L it with a prophecy or Vorici, as a 6L is going to be out of my price range for quite some time.

A 5L or 6L isn't really all that important for this build. You'll be 98% of the way there with the 3 primary links (Frenzy+Culling Strike+Faster Attacks), so I'd spend currency elsewhere, first. You really want 80% to all resists, if possible. Whether it's cheaper in the long run to buy already at 80 or try to Divine for it depends on the price difference. Divine Orbs are currently 8 for 1 Exalt. You have a 1 in 5 chance of re-rolling for 80%.

The Loreweave is good for us in so many ways (Kudo's to OP, SilverSequence!). We benefit from good rolls on the Max Resists, Elemental Damage, Life, Mana, and Attributes (always need more Dex here!).

Is there any chance to go crit with this build? Need more deeps :( I already using "swap pens" for bosses and tough yellows. But that's not enough. And this way i can't level gems.
Last edited by divinity on Jun 9, 2018, 9:12:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info