The Seraph Character Effect

"
Exile009 wrote:
Lots of people complaining each time about GGG putting up yet another mtx announcement.

At this point, I kinda feel like GGG is hurting itself by announcing new mtx almost every other day. As an old player, I remember when they didn't come out as often as this. I'm not saying that this is taking away from dev time - the developers and bug fixers are a different set from the artists - and I do understand why they're able to do this - they've got more staff now.

However, from a PR perspective, it just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, when there's still loads of complaints and the company says it's stretched thin and then releases more mtx. But, of course, they need the mtx sales to keep the lights on. So what to do?

Well, I suggest simply ceasing the announcements of new mtx on the main page as soon as they're released. But new mtx needs marketing to sell, right? Yes, which is why instead you can just quietly add them to store and then announce a whole bunch of them in one go every three weeks or so. Same revenue streams, same amount of money generated (albeit at a slight delay), but now people won't feel like GGG is pumping all their time into mtx since they won't be seeing a new mtx announcement whenever they visit the site.

There is a possible issue with this strategy, however - announcing mtx one-by-one allows them to (possibly) make more money by preying on people with low impulse control who'll buy them as soon as they see them. Seeing a slew of mtx, however, will probably make people check them all out and prioritise which ones they like best and so only buy those. While GGG will make more money in one go on the day, it might end up being less than the total they'd have got from announcing the mtx one-by-one. However, if this is the reason for them choose to keep the frequent announcements, then personally I feel it strays a little close to the unethical side of things as what you're selling isn't really a product so much as uncertainty.

Alternately, they could include in every mtx announcement a list of other mtx they're currently working on, even if they can't show us a picture of them yet. That way people know that there'll soon be some other mtx they might be interested in for sale and so choose to conserve points for that. Unfortunately, I suspect that'll only exacerbate the problem of people feeling like they spend too much of their time on developing mtx, so might prove to be a bad move.

i would like to think that those of us who are calmly and constructively suggesting action that starts GGG on a path of fixing this game understand MTX sales fund this game and the staff etc.

With that being said, these MTX announcements NOW do come across very much like a fire sale at this point.... grab as much money from sales as we can before we fold as a company and retire on a beach.

Some of us forum warriors who are taking the time to point this out want this game to succeed, there are fundamental parts of this game that are clearly broken

I am not telling GGG what to do but there are some of us who are happy to assist with fixing this problem but step 1 is GGG truly acknowledging the problem and not ignoring all of them
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's probably just me, but I'm getting kind of tired of all the new shiny stuff and not enough focus on making the game better. Kudos to the artists and all, but there are a ton of issues right now more important than a shiny effect.

Artists have one job .. and it's design and MTX's .. programmers on the other hand are working on the issues and the other stuff .. so it's not affecting each other :)
thx ggg, no map boss change, no skill change, no big interesting big bosses added (nonono uber elder its same elder but with shaper), league on tast like shit, and more and more, BUT another mtx - you are going in right way - thx again ggg
Last edited by rndt_t on Mar 13, 2018, 2:08:54 AM
Cool, can we get alternative ways to level characters or standard league atlas resets for when I don't want to play boring leagues
way too over the top looking. Too big and busy, by a long way.
Nice but no [Fix] yet for Spectral Shield Throw Attack speed while holding a shield [Bug] w/e
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
I agree entirely. All these instance crashes and bugs make the MTX not even fucking matter.
Its nice to see other people realize what is going on here. GGG is currently overhauling their entire buisness model to Perfect World Entertainment or EnMasse.

The one and only priority is the cash shop and the current gacha box. It is more about having the latest chain bikini and fairy wings then enjoying the game every day.

Every day the MTX comes out faster and faster and we are spammed in-game more and more with "friendly" reminders to check out said MTX.

As if the supporter packs being butchered and rigged to make you buy them twice every 90 days wasnt enough now its literally a daily MTX release.

Fk the game, no-one cares that its going down the tubes b/c we all have a celestial cat and a celestial aura, and celestial wings, with a celestial weapon glow, to match our celestial nail polish, just fkng stop it already.

FIX THE GAME PLEASE.
Any chance we can get some more skill gems MTX's? Or are they simply not worth for profit as not everyone like x skill gem? Would love a cool Blade Flurry mtx for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info