[3.4] Pasta's Dex Stacking Build Crit(Barrage/Scourge Arrow LA/TS/Ice Shot) All Content Viable

"
tomaay wrote:
Really like the build concept. I'd like to try this out as my second toon this league, but I have a few questions:

What's the best way to get an entry level bow: Get a shaped 6L and craft or try to get one with just the dex mod, AS and craft crit and then try to link it? How far you can go with two 5L setups (I have around 3ex to start out)? Doest Ice Shot have any downsides compared to LA/TS, bc I just like it more aesthetically.

Thanks!

I bought the bow and linked it. I tried to craft on a i75 thicket bow but I blew 1000 alts without seeing the dex mod, so your mileage may vary.

I did my first Shaper on double 5l.

Ice shot does more damage on hit but not much aoe damage. I like LA because it deals with tightly clumped packs better. But Ice Shot should work.
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 14, 2018, 9:44:13 AM
Hell of a build. Nice job sir
Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt
First off really awesome build, love the idea.

I wanna do your build but I'm a little worried. The extra projectile enchants are all really expensive starting out and I wonder if barrage damage will even be strong without those.

So maybe its smart to Skill the extra proj in the ascendancy node instead of bleed and pierce.
Do you think the crit will be enough without those? And does the missing lgoh hurt?
Awesome concept - going to test this out and try to adapt the Mathil build I was loosely following. I've tried Ice Shot/Barrage setups every league for a while now and end up getting annoyed with it and trying to convert to a LA or Tornado build eventually, so stumbled over yours here.

Can you provide a bit more info on your preferred other links? Do you run double cold auras for the freeze for example? Since we are not really converting a lot in this setup, might it be worth going over to Arcing Blows/Crackling Speed for a LA setup?
"
goldiakafreak wrote:

I wanna do your build but I'm a little worried. The extra projectile enchants are all really expensive starting out and I wonder if barrage damage will even be strong without those.

So maybe its smart to Skill the extra proj in the ascendancy node instead of bleed and pierce.
Do you think the crit will be enough without those? And does the missing lgoh hurt?

This just as a general rule of thumb - Barrage is super strong even without extra proj enchants, it's literally a luxury. Prioritize everything else first imo.
"
goldiakafreak wrote:

Extra barrage Devoto's costed me 45c, they are 1ex as of writing this. Still relatively cheap compared to +2 tornado shot. +1 proj Deadeye is for when you have enough crit, and the pierce saves you 3 points else you would have to spend more points on tree meaning a higher level character.
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 14, 2018, 4:16:58 PM
"
Miffy23 wrote:
Awesome concept - going to test this out and try to adapt the Mathil build I was loosely following. I've tried Ice Shot/Barrage setups every league for a while now and end up getting annoyed with it and trying to convert to a LA or Tornado build eventually, so stumbled over yours here.

Can you provide a bit more info on your preferred other links? Do you run double cold auras for the freeze for example? Since we are not really converting a lot in this setup, might it be worth going over to Arcing Blows/Crackling Speed for a LA setup?

For auras
I just swapped to spider

HoI-Blasphemy-Proj Weakness

There are not many auras the are super benefical, so if you are lacking in res, you could even use a purity. You will want a 20%quality HoI for sure but all other auras are personal preference.

I have my standard blink arrow setup

For Bossing:

For Mapping:

and somewhere on a 2L:

and if you still somehow have an extra slot:

for no leech maps
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 14, 2018, 4:05:54 PM
what order do i chose in ascendancies
"
denkstar wrote:
what order do i chose in ascendancies

Pierce, Tailwind, Accuracy, Bleed
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 14, 2018, 8:01:17 PM
I know you said dex mod and attack speed, and to craft crit on it, but will
make for a good start? i kinda fcked up and respec too early, and it made me loose a lot of dps( was raider , had 7 frezy charges, sick attack speed). i guess i just dont have enough dex to make it worth yet.

Got the helm and belt (droped when you killed t6 elder for me like 3 days ago, thanks!)

but once i equip the shapper bow , dps tooltip on barrage dropps to half. ill try to get quiver and Amulet soon , it might get better.

is what i have right now.

Btw, is Tailwind broken? evasion goes up, but thats it i guess...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info