[3.4] Pasta's Dex Stacking Build Crit(Barrage/Scourge Arrow LA/TS/Ice Shot) All Content Viable

[3.4] Pasta's Dex Stacking Build Crit(Barrage/Scourge Arrow LA/TS/Ice Shot) All Content Viable

This build is still a work in progress and I will continue make changes it as I play. But the concept remains the same. Lots of Dex = Lots of Damage

This is not a beginner friendly build, or a build for day 1 league start. Look to make this build in the middle of the first week

Items you will need:

Bow:

Delve Uber Elder Kill
Deathless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIW7jpVDXc
1 Death:
https://youtu.be/cw2tXGr1INc
https://youtu.be/q6_AY9x9mxE

Delve Shaper Kill
https://youtu.be/UwVPSljVJqo

Path of Building
Current PoB(Delve SC 9/11/18): https://pastebin.com/EQUaJ5mS

Items

Gear

This is the gear you should be aiming for, but will obviously be costly

Bow

In Delve we have access to many new mods from the fossil. From what I can see, the best mod configuration for bows would be:

Prefix:
Socketed attacks deal 20% more damage
Attacks with this weapon penetrates 20% res
Dex mod

Suffix:
Double damage + as
Crit Multi + PCoC
T1 Crit or Shaper Crit

Quiver

Quiver is Hyrri’s Demise obviously
For corruptions, you have a couple options\
+1 Arrow for Barrage and general clear speed
+ chain for Deadeye chain if you find that you have too much crit
Point Blank for saving a point on tree
Flat cold for when no other options are available

Helmet

2 Options
DPS: Starkonja's Head
Clearspeed: Devoto's Devotion

Enchanted for whatever skill you are using obviously

Body

Rare Elder Assassin Garb

Prefix:
Flat life
Delve Life
Elder % life

Suffix:
Flat Dex
% Dex
Attack Crit

Or
Perfect Form

Ammy

Eyes of the Greatwolf
%life
%Attributes

Or
Astramentis

For dps,Astramentis, but the life from my current Greatwolf is nice

Gloves

Maligaro's Virtuosity
Corrupted with attack crit

if no PCoC from bow or gem
Oskarm

Boots

Rare Two-Toned
Prefix:
Life
Movespeed
(crafted)increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

Suffix:
Res
Res
Dex

Rings

Opals/Two-Stone:
Prefix:
Life
increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
Flat cold

Suffix:
Dex
Res
Res

Belt

Cyclopean Coil
Must have 15% attributes

Jewels

Try to get one jewel with 6% chance to blind
Searching Eye:
Life
Cold dmg
Cold dmg to bows
Attack speed on crit

Tree

With
Without

Ascendancy:
Pierce, Tailwind, Accuracy, Bleed

Bandits and Pantheon

Alira

Brine King
Shakari

Gems

So there's going to be lots of variations depending on your gear. Swaps will be highlighted with the gem they can substitute for

Single Target:
[Scourge Arrow]-[Inc Critical Strikes]-[Cold Pen]-[Ele Damage to Attacks]-[Elemental Focus]-[Added Cold]

[Barrage][HypoThermia][DMG on Full Life]

Clear:
[Lightning Arrow]-[Greater Multiple Proj]-[Inc Critical Strikes]-[Ele Damage to Attacks]-[Mirage Archer]-[Ice Bite]

[Tornado Shot][Ice Shot][Rain of Arrows][Power Charge on Crit]

For auras:
Many many options here, only one required. Herald of Ice

Purities for capping res/balancing Wise Oak
2 can be used with Lvl4 Enlighten

Last edited by PastaAdventures on Sep 13, 2018, 1:26:59 PM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2019, 12:41:12 PM
-Updated 3/16/18 to include new items and required gem setup.

-Updated 3/18/18 to include leveling trees and Miffy23's advice.

-Updated 3/20/18 to include Ascendancy progression.

-Updated 3/21/18 to include newer PoB.

-Updated 3/26/18 to include newer PoB finally with Aspect of the Spider.

-Updated 3/30/18 to include newer PoB.

-Updated 9/12/18 for delve league

-Updated 9/12/18 fixed incorrect PoB tree
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Sep 13, 2018, 5:39:48 AM
Nice, looks promising,

I think your tree can be optimised in this way, what do you think:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQguES8RgRR1FUMWvxmOGo0byCF2Iuoj0yP2JP0mlSoLKwouUzB8MfoyATY9N9Q51EMxRA1Hfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdTz1VLVvpbJluvXfJhEGHiYetirGOnZU1noGlObIxvJ3BSdO11y3b3d9d4-XpTeu99dX7dfyt_-4TFhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jbmNv49gmmqbJpuNm7WcxJ2qoJ-kwqfUrcKyGbTFtUi3IrvjvTa-p8EzwuzDOsSiyMzI8M2Yz17Pes_d02_TftQj2rHawd1G32_jn-Xm51To1upi62PtP-2D7g7veu-P8YryuP1u_rr-yP_e

New tree:
+8% Life
2.0% of attack dmg leeched as Life
0.4% of attack dmg leeched as Mana
40% increased life leech per second

Old tree:
1.2% of attack dmg leeched as Life
0.8% of attack dmg leeched as Mana
50% increased life leech per second
IGN: SjeveN
Last edited by drymagon on Mar 12, 2018, 11:15:11 PM
"
drymagon wrote:
Nice, looks promising,

I think your tree can be optimised in this way, what do you think:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQguES8RgRR1FUMWvxmOGo0byCF2Iuoj0yP2JP0mlSoLKwouUzB8MfoyATY9N9Q51EMxRA1Hfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdTz1VLVvpbJluvXfJhEGHiYetirGOnZU1noGlObIxvJ3BSdO11y3b3d9d4-XpTeu99dX7dfyt_-4TFhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jbmNv49gmmqbJpuNm7WcxJ2qoJ-kwqfUrcKyGbTFtUi3IrvjvTa-p8EzwuzDOsSiyMzI8M2Yz17Pes_d02_TftQj2rHawd1G32_jn-Xm51To1upi62PtP-2D7g7veu-P8YryuP1u_rr-yP_e

New tree:
+8% Life
2.0% of attack dmg leeched as Life
0.4% of attack dmg leeched as Mana
40% increased life leech per second

Old tree:
1.2% of attack dmg leeched as Life
0.8% of attack dmg leeched as Mana
50% increased life leech per second

I'm after the multi from lioneye's fall.
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 12, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
Hi, nice idea - yesterday I managed to make this chest

and the Dex-cold-dmg-mod came back to my mind - and just around this moment you posted your build here :)

Got this bow (without sockets and without crafted crit) for 20c:
and will give it a try.

Cheers

PS: prices for both items are just set ridiculous high to not get spammed - they are staying in my stash until I got everything else.
Last edited by el_Nino_69 on Mar 13, 2018, 5:50:15 AM
@pasta, what considerations did you make for the ascendancy choices? It's hard to imagine going barrage without trying to get +1 arrow from Endless Munitions. Was it as easy as "PoB said this gives more dmg", or did something else convince you not to take the extra arrow?
"
@pasta, what considerations did you make for the ascendancy choices? It's hard to imagine going barrage without trying to get +1 arrow from Endless Munitions. Was it as easy as "PoB said this gives more dmg", or did something else convince you not to take the extra arrow?

I wanted to save 3 points not taking pierce and the crit from pierce and crit multi from bleed out weighs the +1. I may return to +1 arrow when I get my Elder chest linked.

Its also behind farshot :|
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 13, 2018, 6:04:59 PM
Hey, saw you playing that build and it looks amazing.

Ive been pretty much using that old neversink tornado shot build , but its outdated and im struggling a little on bosses.

I have a Yriel's (rhoa) 6l, and a rat's nest. Can i use those on your build as well? plus , im still using a Lioneye's glare 5l bow, so im not sure if thats good enough to start running this build.

Should i keep farming currency and then change everything to the gear you mention , or can i kinda upgrade piece by piece?

Regarding AOE, can/should i run tornado shot with same link setup as you run your lightning arrow?

Sorry for some noob questions, im kinda new to the game haha

"
mromcy wrote:
Hey, saw you playing that build and it looks amazing.

Ive been pretty much using that old neversink tornado shot build , but its outdated and im struggling a little on bosses.

I have a Yriel's (rhoa) 6l, and a rat's nest. Can i use those on your build as well? plus , im still using a Lioneye's glare 5l bow, so im not sure if thats good enough to start running this build.

Should i keep farming currency and then change everything to the gear you mention , or can i kinda upgrade piece by piece?

Regarding AOE, can/should i run tornado shot with same link setup as you run your lightning arrow?

Sorry for some noob questions, im kinda new to the game haha

Sell the lioneyes and get a cheap bow with just the dex mod and attack speed, then craft on crit. Yriels is ok but you probably want Devoto's for better dps. Maligaro/Shadow and dust can be swapped for oskarm and the quiver is pretty cheap. Cyclopean horrors are also quite cheap. The most expensive part to get before swapping would be Astrementis and good res rings with dex.

These can be used for cheap jewels too.

You will be low on dps so LA is better. It should be better for one shotting packs. Once you get enough dps, TS will feel better.
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 13, 2018, 8:33:43 PM
Really like the build concept. I'd like to try this out as my second toon this league, but I have a few questions:

What's the best way to get an entry level bow: Get a shaped 6L and craft or try to get one with just the dex mod, AS and craft crit and then try to link it? How far you can go with two 5L setups (I have around 3ex to start out)? Doest Ice Shot have any downsides compared to LA/TS, bc I just like it more aesthetically.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info