[3.2] The Golementalist, 7 golems, 6 flame, 1 Stone, Blood Magic

"
spruceleee wrote:
Love the idea.

Have you done this up in POB?

Nope, not sure I am motivated enough to do it.
I am more of a try it out ingame kinda build person.
"
tomay wrote:

So what about casting your EE trigger skill manually and use a Scorching Ray totem for another 24% reduced fire resistance?

This no doubt would up dps.

I choose not to for esthetic purposes.
The build is a "almost no casting" build, and this would add another layer of casting.

But sure, sounds great, give it a try.

Last edited by Odif on Mar 13, 2018, 8:31:06 PM
Cool. Im building mine now after rerolling
"
Odif wrote:
So I am more concerned with surviving one shots

Yeah, about that... ;)

I rerolled my lvl 95 Witch, used to be pretty much the same before, but ES-based with a ton of MF and "killing Shaper while dead" (which is no longer possible ;) so I already had Anima Stone, Might and a shit ton of Harmony jewels. Decided to go with Belly rather than +1 Tabula, Damage is more than good enough with six lvl 24 Flame Golems anyway.

Lord of the Dead is deffo recommended as you can also grab 13% max Life with only two passives from there (Heart and Soul) and the next jewel sockets is only three passives away.

I now have 7.6k HP which feels pretty comfortable. Still have two passives left, undecided between 10% max Life and 15% Minion Damage (at Herd The Flock), seems to be a rather lame return for two passives and the Golems certainly do not need the extra Life Regeneration with 7 x Harmony.

Lvl 93 tree (with Oak, too lazy to refund), 9 Jewel sockets:

www.poeurl.com/bPFa

You've mentioned Controlled Destruction in the Gem setup but what about Elemental Focus? It's 5% more damage which is probably better than a bit of Burning Damage for which the Golems don't have any modifiers and their Ignites do not stack. Burning damage over time is 40% of the base damage of the hit of fire damage, per second (only one hit from one golem counts whereas with EF each hit from all golems deals 5% more damage). Probably a job for PoB to decide but gut feeling says EF is the winner, same goes for adding 1 Primordial Eminence to the mix... ;)

You may also add an Enchantment Section to your guide. Gloves "of Light" (regen), Boots (movement speed or regen) and Helmet (FG damage or SG effect)?
Last edited by tomay on Mar 14, 2018, 2:17:32 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Odif wrote:
So I am more concerned with surviving one shots

Yeah, about that... ;)

I rerolled my lvl 95 Witch, used to be pretty much the same before, but ES-based with a ton of MF and "killing Shaper while dead" (which is no longer possible ;) so I already had Anima Stone, Might and a shit ton of Harmony jewels. Decided to go with Belly rather than +1 Tabula, Damage is more than good enough with six lvl 24 Flame Golems anyway.

Lord of the Dead is deffo recommended as you can also grab 13% max Life with only two passives from there (Heart and Soul) and the next jewel sockets is only three passives away.

I now have 7.6k HP which feels pretty comfortable. Still have two passives left, undecided between 10% max Life and 15% Minion Damage (at Herd The Flock), seems to be a rather lame return for two passives and the Golems certainly do not need the extra Life Regeneration with 7 x Harmony.

Lvl 93 tree (with Oak, too lazy to refund), 9 Jewel sockets:

www.poeurl.com/bPFa

You've mentioned Controlled Destruction in the Gem setup but what about Elemental Focus? It's 5% more damage which is probably better than a bit of Burning Damage for which the Golems don't have any modifiers and their Ignites do not stack. Burning damage over time is 40% of the base damage of the hit of fire damage, per second (only one hit from one golem counts whereas with EF each hit from all golems deals 5% more damage). Probably a job for PoB to decide but gut feeling says EF is the winner, same goes for adding 1 Primordial Eminence to the mix... ;)

You may also add an Enchantment Section to your guide. Gloves "of Light" (regen), Boots (movement speed or regen) and Helmet (FG damage or SG effect)?

Thank you so much for this post.
I like it that you are experimenting.

Ya, 1 primordial Eminence may be the way to go, definitely if you get a 8th jewel slot.

Fire penetration vs controlled destruction vs Elemental Focus.
My gut tells me there is not a lot of difference here, so go with what you want.
I went with Fire Penetration cause its a red gem, and for +1 gem chests like skin of the loyal or corrupted belly, 3r,2b,g are MUCH cheaper than 2r,3b,g.

I will definitively add an enchant section, someday.

Thanks again for your input.
I imported the build into PoB if anyone finds this useful. I left out most of the gear but added correct links so it can be used as a reference while leveling but not for simulations

https://pastebin.com/NdxCHXgj
I have retasked an existing level 92 Witch of mine to be a Golementalist.

I encorporated some of the changes suggested by Tomay into this new build, and I have edited the original build post to reflect this.

Thanks Tomay.
Last edited by Odif on Mar 14, 2018, 11:02:20 PM
You're more than welcome.

I did some t15 and a few Minotaur last night. I recommend to bring a decoy to hard-hitting bosses, makes life much easier (sure, the Stone Golem can taunt but not very reliably).

Mino is one of the very few monsters which can kill a flame golem. Haven't done any Shapers yet, but he's dealing mostly elemental damage (like the other Guardians) to which our Flame Golems are immune so that shouldn't be a problem. You just have to stay alive now since the golems no longer attack when you're dead. ;)

Here's my gear:

Still needs some fine-tuning, Gloves enchant and a better Ghastly Eye Jewel... other than that it's working like a charm.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 16, 2018, 11:42:50 AM
Speaking of enchants and Ghastly Eye...

It's a lot easier to roll "+2 Minion Gems" on a Bone Helmet than chasing that elusive "40% increased Flame Golem Damage" helmet enchant. Not only do you get the same damage increase from a Bone Helmet, it also applies to the Stone Golem.

While rolling a Ghastly Eye yesterday I noticed "(0.5-1)% of Life Regenerated per second while moving", certainly nice to have as 3rd or 4th mod. If you want to roll your own Ghastly Eye, look for item lvl 82 for highest possible life roll (46-50).

Last edited by tomay on Mar 15, 2018, 12:39:53 PM
So I have replaced the Stone Golem's Minion Damage Support gem in the helmet with Animate Guardian (lvl 24). So far (t15) he's holding up nicely. And should he die, the few uniques I've been using are dirt cheap.

With Singularity he slows down nearby Monsters nicely, Leer Cast grants 15% increased damage to our Golems. With Zahndethus' Cassock he gets chaos res and creates Consecrated Ground on block. Rainbow Stride and Sentari's Answer for block/spell block and curse application. Southbound for more HP.

Since we don't have much in terms of Minion Life Regeneration Ambu's Charge might be the better body armour but as I said, so far so good...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info