poe.trade reply rate...?

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Prepare to whisper 20 people atleast on every item you are looking to buy and assume that atleast 3 will tell you to fk off and insult you in some fashion. This is the cutting edge trade platform that we have in 2018, its like hiring someone to pee on you on Craigslist, good times.

This made me laugh out loud. Spot on too.
I sent about 9 whispers today and completed 4 trades.
And I was buying low tier shite.
Not typical I am sure.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Actually standard probably has it worse - the economy is flooded with items and currency - so the cheaper an item is, the less motivation there is to bother.

An item can be listed cheaply - but you should always think of as at their convenience. For example, say they're already in hideout sorting inventory - perfect time for them to handle lower end trades. But if they're mapping and have several chaos invested, it doesn't make sense for them to break their stride for a handful of alterations.

I mean think about it - if you know an item maxes out at a certain value, its not practical to overcharge for it just so that you have reason to portal back to hideout. It's not like people don't want to sell the item (usually) but part of the value in any trade is convenience.

Sorry i missed your reply.
Yea i agree that it all kinda depends on convenience, but that could maybe be part of the options. Like a tab for "only when in hideout", if that would be possible.. It just seems kinda strange that people usually expect it to take 15 whispers to get a reply/trade...

"
DoubleU wrote:
I sent about 9 whispers today and completed 4 trades.
And I was buying low tier shite.
Not typical I am sure.

That seems a bit lucky, but well sometimes it works.. Usually not how i experience it...
I try to focus on items that have been posted recently. Like with in minutes to hours. Unlike other people in this thread I've only had a couple of times someone didn't reply back and oddly enough it was for items that had been posted for days.

for me most times i get no answer if i whisper to buy some maps, its terrible.

i sell lots of stuff and i always answer on whispers, dont understand ppl who not even answer. if youre not willing to answer then stop selling things.
if you have no time to answer, download mercury trade and push a single fckn button to answer. is that so hard to do?
in my case most of the times im not standing in front of my stash waiting for whispers, most times im mapping. and its fine, 9/10 ppl whispering me are totally fine waiting a single minute after i answered them.
"
Pl4t1numX wrote:
for me most times i get no answer if i whisper to buy some maps, its terrible.

i sell lots of stuff and i always answer on whispers, dont understand ppl who not even answer. if youre not willing to answer then stop selling things.
if you have no time to answer, download mercury trade and push a single fckn button to answer. is that so hard to do?
in my case most of the times im not standing in front of my stash waiting for whispers, most times im mapping. and its fine, 9/10 ppl whispering me are totally fine waiting a single minute after i answered them.

I 100% agree with this.. If people can't even wait a couple of minutes after they get a reply and a time frame, then they don't really need that item to begin with...
9/10 times you whisper someone who did not list the price with fair market value , they abuse you saying its low ball and quote the price fixer price... Not only do they not know the actual price of the item or how to price it but ignore any sane fair priced requests.

I mean i do get that scammers and flippers exist not having inkling to do a quick look up of the price before starting to abuse some one ... its just sad

Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info