poe.trade reply rate...?

Heya,

I was wondering if there could be (maybe already is?) a setting for being shown as offline on poe.trade
if people don't want to trade?
Possibly a league/standard/hc/whatever off switch if people are not interested in trading at that moment.
I really do like the way it works but it's really annoying to whisper 10-15 people for an item and not even getting a reply.
Even wrote to someone now who replied but apparently wasn't even online, not sure how that shit even works..
I just think it would make it easier for sellers who don't want to get disturbed and a hell of a lot less frustrating for people who wants to buy something..

Cheers.
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 5:54:31 PM
Prepare to whisper 20 people atleast on every item you are looking to buy and assume that atleast 3 will tell you to fk off and insult you in some fashion. This is the cutting edge trade platform that we have in 2018, its like hiring someone to pee on you on Craigslist, good times.
Poe.trade cannot detect whether or not you are running a lab.
Poe.trade cannot detect whether or not you are in a master rota.
Poe.trade cannot detect whether or not you JUST went AFK.
Sellers often do not bother selling stuff < 1 chaos in value after a week or so and often also do not bother de-listing those items. They will just ignore your whispers.
The first x listings might be scam-listings.
The item could just have been sold out. Especially early on in the league, the top-listed stuff sells fast. I often get 5+ whisps for 1 item. Especially when selling maps in first 3 days.
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

There are too many problems with the current trade system. But sellers also suffer from this. I often get a whisp to buy map x and I invite this person 1 second later but he already went to another seller (because he just spammed 10 sellers and took the first invite).
"
silverdash wrote:
Sellers often do not bother selling stuff < 1 chaos in value after a week or so and often also do not bother de-listing those items. They will just ignore your whispers.
The item could just have been sold out. Especially early on in the league, the top-listed stuff sells fast. I often get 5+ whisps for 1 item. Especially when selling maps in first 3 days.
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

There are too many problems with the current trade system. But sellers also suffer from this. I often get a whisp to buy map x and I invite this person 1 second later but he already went to another seller (because he just spammed 10 sellers and took the first invite).

I'm a newer player - but this is basically what I've learned.

I'd also like to add that there are players waaaaaaay too impatient that assume you're running a shop and don't actually play the game to acquire stuff for sale.

I've hated this type of trade system ever since D2, but its definitely an improvement over it. Of course, having an actual AH or something would be a lot better. But, to be fair, implementing an AH isn't without its own issues.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Prepare to whisper 20 people atleast on every item you are looking to buy and assume that atleast 3 will tell you to fk off and insult you in some fashion. This is the cutting edge trade platform that we have in 2018, its like hiring someone to pee on you on Craigslist, good times.

I have only been told to fuck off when putting offers on stuff that don't have a price (probably crazy low balling, i don't know.. lol) but everything about those situations should make it clear that the system should get updated..

"
silverdash wrote:
Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I am not talking about the league. I understand that can be quite hectic when it starts out and i also understand that poe.trade can't detect if someone is AFK or in a specific zone.
But i am talking about standard, i usually play standard since i get tired of getting through the acts over and over again, and since standard got an old economy it shouldn't be a problem for people not to list cheap stuff if they don't even bother to trade.
And it can be temporarily, like making a DND option for it so sellers won't get shown on poe.trade.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I'm a newer player - but this is basically what I've learned.

I'd also like to add that there are players waaaaaaay too impatient that assume you're running a shop and don't actually play the game to acquire stuff for sale.

I've hated this type of trade system ever since D2, but its definitely an improvement over it. Of course, having an actual AH or something would be a lot better. But, to be fair, implementing an AH isn't without its own issues.

People i actually end up trading with always go smooth, so i have never tried either one being impatient.. But it might come a bit after whispering 15 people.. :p
Actually standard probably has it worse - the economy is flooded with items and currency - so the cheaper an item is, the less motivation there is to bother.

An item can be listed cheaply - but you should always think of as at their convenience. For example, say they're already in hideout sorting inventory - perfect time for them to handle lower end trades. But if they're mapping and have several chaos invested, it doesn't make sense for them to break their stride for a handful of alterations.

I mean think about it - if you know an item maxes out at a certain value, its not practical to overcharge for it just so that you have reason to portal back to hideout. It's not like people don't want to sell the item (usually) but part of the value in any trade is convenience.
Yep, totally over league play.
3 different times today ive had people whisper me that have changed the value in the copy/paste message off poe.trade on "low" value items like changing a claw i had listed at 30c to 1c... or another amulet i had listed for 1ex to 1c... I dont even bother pricing anything at 1c after a few days into a league, and i get those kind of messages every few days, thats why unless its a big ticket item i end up just ignoring trade messages or going dnd
"
awright wrote:
3 different times today ive had people whisper me that have changed the value in the copy/paste message off poe.trade on "low" value items like changing a claw i had listed at 30c to 1c... or another amulet i had listed for 1ex to 1c... I dont even bother pricing anything at 1c after a few days into a league, and i get those kind of messages every few days, thats why unless its a big ticket item i end up just ignoring trade messages or going dnd

That's scamming people and obviously that should not be tolerated.. Not sure how to avoid that so i can understand ignoring cheap sells after a couple of them...
"
Raqion wrote:
"
awright wrote:

That's scamming people and obviously that should not be tolerated.. Not sure how to avoid that

Look at the price you have listed the item for in your stash tab before you take it out?

If you both click "confirm" on the trade window, it's not scamming. Both of you agreed to the trade.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Raqion wrote:
"
awright wrote:

That's scamming people and obviously that should not be tolerated.. Not sure how to avoid that

Look at the price you have listed the item for in your stash tab before you take it out?

If you both click "confirm" on the trade window, it's not scamming. Both of you agreed to the trade.

Ofc it's a way trying to scam.. Like in the old diablo 2 days where someone replaced an item with a shitty item with the same skin and people then traded.. That is obviously stupid for the one getting scammed/tricked but do you really believe that it was a fair deal and both parts involved are happy with the trade just because both people accepted?
I agree that it is quite stupid to fall for a changed price from the poe.trade copy thing but that is obviously not the right way to make an offer....

It is a bit beside my point of this thread but still :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info