[3.2] Muh Poet's pen Elementalist - 8k+ Hp - All content viable -Mapping,Uber Elder/Atziri, HoGM

HeyGuys, as you known 3.2 have made Elementalist more likely Golemancer, and it's super good.

I started the league with that in my mind too, let my golembro do the job and mean while i'll throw net and shit to catch all dem beast.

But the Primordial Might's price smashed my dream. It's 70c in day 2 of the league, and all i got is a tabula and 30c. Cant become a Golemancer, and farming with Stormcall is super tiring, i deciced to buy 2x poet's to leveling a new character. However, things turned out well, the build was good and Elementalist not as shitty as i thought, she's still pretty trash though.

Video:
T15 Elder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6S8dgbZXhM

8-mod Hydra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_keYj70tQ

UBER Elder Struggle with WoodenPC/internet : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9azCfA8OHU&t=2s

Long story short, this build is a Poet's pen Volatile dead/Body swap build. There's nothing new and you can find the mechanic pretty easy with google. My guide is just to give you more information on how to minmaxing the build on a Elementalist character.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
-Easy to start, because poet's is one of the fastest way to level your new character
-Good clearing speed with Rampage Gloves, Good single target with Oskarm
-All content viable, Hall of grand master also can do with a Block chance reduced for CI Block char.
-Ele reflect Safe, using both clarity and leech to sustain so all map mod viable.
-7k+ life without even trying, and a kaom is much cheaper than a belly 6L

Cons:
-Weak again physical damage, you can fix this by using Voll's devotion + IC , but's that's another matter.
-Tri res balance may hard and consume alot of currency, new player shouldnt do it.

Build note:

-Because poet's pen have internal cooldown = 250ms, so that's why you've to make attack speed < 4aps, unless you have cooldown recovery item.
Make sure your attack speed synch with your internal cooldown.

-Aspect of Spider are good, extra dmg out put and slow enemy. I've no trouble using it because i've high mana regen and Watcher eye increase mana recovery. But it may not work for you, that's why only use it when you know what you're doing.

-Bodyswap/Volatile combo deal less dps than just Volatile dead alone, because of the bodyswap's animation delay. Most of the time you can still use bodyswap/Volatile combo for kite boss(like in my hydra video) but for tough boss you would want to use Volatile alone.

Ascendancies and Bandit
-Pendulum of Destruction
-Mastermind of Discord
-Paragon of Calamity
-Shaper of Desolation

Bandit: Alira

MyGear - 1st week of Bestiary

MyGear - 2 week of Bestiary
Perma Immortal call setup for safer minotaur/Chimera

MyGear - $$$ version

Here's some note on my gear:

Helm
Enchant - Volatile Dead destroys up to 1 additional Corpses -> grant you tons of DPS

Starkonja or a High HP with resist. Last time i check starkonja was like 5ex, so i bought a rare at 1.5 ex.

Chest
Kaom's heart -> Very high base HP, nice %fire damage, since we dont neeed link this is the best

a Kaom's heart is cheaper than a 6L Belly and it's endgame armour for y

Gloves
Shadow and dust : Cheap gloves, give you critchance/multiplier and clear speed with rampage

Oskarm: Free curse, got flat life, spell dodge.

Fenumus' Weave: Life, attack speed, aspect of spider and bonus, a very good gloves. The only reason why i dont use this is because i dont want to lose Aspect of spider while having rampage for map clear, so i craft Aspect of spider on my ring and switching between Shadow and Oskarm

Accessories
Amulet: Xoph's Blood is a luxury, just stick with a shaped amulet with high Life and Damage penetration, stats and resist are good too.
Ring: High life and resist, Opal are good if you capped your res.

[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
Last edited by Giaocolam on Sep 30, 2018, 1:48:34 PM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2018, 2:14:27 PM
thanks dude
How is this compared the popular templar version? I am thinking of starting a new character with this build but can't decide between scion, templar, elementalist or even pathfinder.
IGN: LadyAlistra
Cho em xin tree leveling với bác ơi!
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
How is this compared the popular templar version? I am thinking of starting a new character with this build but can't decide between scion, templar, elementalist or even pathfinder.

Same here. I played inquisitor at abyss league. It was awesome. Now im building same. But i need something for doing endgame. New shaper elder maybe hurt inquisitor but elementalist looksike Fine. Also watchers eye jewel another option but too much expensive.

I want an answer. I cant decide.

Thanks for build. Really nice.
Im gonna try this build next morning.
"
luckstar53 wrote:
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:

Same here. I played inquisitor at abyss league. It was awesome. Now im building same. But i need something for doing endgame. New shaper elder maybe hurt inquisitor but elementalist looksike Fine. Also watchers eye jewel another option but too much expensive.

As you both has played Inquistor version, to make his ignore res effective, you need alot of Crit. Since VD only has only 5 base crit chance, you've to get every single crit node as possible, that mean you need to travel very far on skill tree.

Pathfinder version with the abuse of max resist will cover the Weakness of poet's pen build overall, that's Physical attack. But you'll need to convert them to Ele first, that's why with out something like Legacy Coil, Legacy Taste of hate, Legacy Distilate you wont feelgood, and it might endup hurt you.

Scion version is about abusing Might of Meek, she's got both elementalist and champion/assasin together. And she's good.

Elementalist fit my playstyle. Paragon of Calamity give you free leech, ele reflect safe, and the reduced ele dmg taken synch well with solaris/Wise oak

Pendulum of destruction is shit at boss but clearing with it feel so good.

Mastermind of discord with 25% fire pen and 25% mana reservation allow me to run Aspect of spider on endgame setup, which give me like 15% more dmg.

And shaper of desolation, which give you free shock.

"
hoangstorm wrote:

Poet pen thì cứ đi sang bên trái trước như mấy build caster bình thường thôi bác.
Last edited by Giaocolam on Mar 12, 2018, 7:04:05 PM
"
Giaocolam wrote:
"
luckstar53 wrote:
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:

As you both has played Inquistor version, to make his ignore res effective, you need alot of Crit. Since VD only has only 5 base crit chance, you've to get every single crit node as possible, that mean you need to travel very far on skill tree.

Pathfinder version with the abuse of max resist will cover the Weakness of poet's pen build overall, that's Physical attack. But you'll need to convert them to Ele first, that's why with out something like Legacy Coil, Legacy Taste of hate, Legacy Distilate you wont feelgood, and it might endup hurt you.

Scion version is about abusing Might of Meek, she's got both elementalist and champion/assasin together. And she's good.

Elementalist fit my playstyle. Paragon of Calamity give you free leech, ele reflect safe, and the reduced ele dmg taken synch well with solaris/Wise oak

Pendulum of destruction is shit at boss but clearing with it feel so good.

Mastermind of discord with 25% fire pen and 25% mana reservation allow me to run Aspect of spider on endgame setup, which give me like 15% more dmg.

And shaper of desolation, which give you free shock.

"
hoangstorm wrote:

Poet pen thì cứ đi sang bên trái trước như mấy build caster bình thường thôi bác.

Thanks for reply,logical. I'm started to play now. Everything ok but just need to know shaper of desolation. Shock just buff lightning damage? am i know wrong? if its true maybe +1 golem is better?
private perfil SUX
"

Thanks for reply,logical. I'm started to play now. Everything ok but just need to know shaper of desolation. Shock just buff lightning damage? am i know wrong? if its true maybe +1 golem is better?

It make all your fire dmg can shock whenever crit or not for 6sec/12sec rotation.

"
baylor111 wrote:
private perfil SUX

oh lol turn it on already
Hey! Loving this build so far. Just bought a +1 volatile combo helm (Feels guuuud) and farming is solid.

Do you have a pastebin by any chance?

What should I look for in order to gain more damage, like comparisons of items in POE-builder?

Ty for build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info