[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Koriou wrote:
This build is amazing, good job!I find it while looking for a different way to apply Virulence. Initially i want to use HoA as parallel-main skill, and i think this build can sustain virulence a lot better than others build. But lacks of two different six-socket to fully sustain HoA's use, so it's perfect this way with a not-core HoA.

I'm trying Fenumus version and have two questions:

1 - Yriel's Fostering can be an option? I test on PoB and give more damage, but not so much, at cost of 300+ less life and less resistence. But still seems pretty cool, what do you think? Ever tested?

2 - I'm trying to craft a weapon. The final result actually (if i spend 4-6 ex) can be like the weapon written in spoiler. I have a base with Tier-1 "Adds # Chaos Damage"and "Chance to inflict mode damage with poison". On this base i can multi-craft Physical damage the pure version or with poison on hit, Atk Speed and Quality/Crit or Quality/Other. I test on PoB and seems to be weaker than a Wasp Nest. I can try to add "#% Increased Poison Dmg",but also with this expensive and complicated craft the item it's not so good, just a little better than Wasp. I do something wrong? The Wasp Nest is really so good to compete with a weapon that cost at least 4 Ex?

Spoiler

"
Sol Bane
Imperial Claw
Elder Item
Item Level: 85
Quality: 20
Sockets: B G G
LevelReq: 68
Implicits: 1
+46 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
Adds 70 to 120 Chaos Damage
60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage
{crafted}Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}{range:1}(95-105)% increased Physical Damage
{crafted}{range:1}(18-20)% chance to Poison on Hit
{crafted}{range:1}(16-20)% increased Attack Speed
{crafted}{range:1}(21-25)% increased Critical Strike Chance
{crafted}{range:0.5}+(13-18)% to Quality
1) It's a decent option (I gave it a brief mention in the body armour section actually) compared to Belly.
The stats are good, but keeping the Snake alive can be an issue since it only has 40% resistances and no life regeneration. Without the minion, it's not worth using.
You might want to have a look at Cherrubim's Maleficience, since it has similiar DPS/life increases.

2) PoB can't read the Delve poison mod, so you have to use "60% more damage with poison" instead (which is equivalent in terms of DPS gain). Try importing this:
Spoiler
Sol Bane
Imperial Claw
Elder Item
Item Level: 85
Quality: 20
Sockets: B G G
LevelReq: 68
Implicits: 1
+46 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
Adds 70 to 120 Chaos Damage
60% more damage with poison
{crafted}Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
{crafted}{range:1}(95-105)% increased Physical Damage
{crafted}{range:1}(18-20)% chance to Poison on Hit
{crafted}{range:1}(16-20)% increased Attack Speed
{crafted}{range:1}(21-25)% increased Critical Strike Chance
{crafted}{range:0.5}+(13-18)% to Quality
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 16, 2019, 5:55:59 AM
If I were to try the frost blades version, would the cold version of volkuur's be effective?
"
Andychuck wrote:
If I were to try the frost blades version, would the cold version of volkuur's be effective?
Yeah, I don't recommend using purely Frost Blades though, since the single target is kinda bad.
Builds and Guides:
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the reply!
That build is really nice but need update becose Wildifre have Limit to 1 :(
Thank you for the build.
I've been playing this build since 3.4 and tried to max out every slot of gear so far.
I don't have mirror tier gears but I have invested in my gears and have made some modifications such that I can take uber-elder without any item swap by using temp chain on hit gloves and swapping out curse-blasphemy aura with purity of ice.

For those who want to max out this build I have linked my stats and items below:
Life: 7375 (Lvl 93)
DPS: 6.9M (15 wither stacks 600 poison count)
DPS: 1.2M (1 wither stack and 150 poison count) = this is probably closer to uber-elder fight dps since I didn't have time to cast wither totems and attack for more than 1 full second in one position. However, this is the minimum dps number.
Resists: 75/79/75 (I absolutely hate loreweave)

Items:

Jewels:
Wildfire
Rare jewels with 7% life, 20% poison damage, 5-8% attack speed
+ 1 of following: resist, strength (for life), or more attack speed

For those who are interested in this build:
- This build will destory almost everything with wasp nest.
- Get used to playing minecraft style PoE (from dynamic resolution).

For those who are interested in swapping to blade flurry:
- I have simulated this build using blade flurry to see if it can perform on par with molten strike while keeping my cpu/gpu cool. The result is maybe. If you are good with doding spells and attacks from bosses and life recovery is a QoL thing, then yes blade flurry will be a lot better for you since it is less clunky from not using multistrike. Uber-elder DPS will remain about the same at 1.1M. If life recovery is mandatory for you then stick to molten strike.
Hi! What you think about this build in 3.7?
"
Hi! What you think about this build in 3.7?
Molten Strike got a hard nerf and the Multistrike changes don't favor the build either. Would not recommend unless you want to be a hipster.
Builds and Guides:
I generally like the build, but get the issues with it as a contender for end game content following the nerfs. That begs the question: Do you have any plans to do an update or have any suggestions to replace those two skill gems?
"
Draakjacht wrote:
I generally like the build, but get the issues with it as a contender for end game content following the nerfs. That begs the question: Do you have any plans to do an update or have any suggestions to replace those two skill gems?
I don't plan on updating currently.

Multistrike is still an extremely good support gem, it's just that the attack speed adjustment negatively affects poison duration (from Noxiosu Strikes) and life gain on hit.

I'm not sure about Molten Strike. It's mechanically the best poison skill, but the damage nerf puts it a bit in line with other skills. Also Volkuur's should be the better version now that it grants flat fire damage.

I think the new Viper Strike or Cyclone are now decent options for poison, it's just that poison itself isn't actually that good if you don't make use of the strange interactions it has with GMP or Multistrike (it ignores the attack damage malus).

There's a reason poison is getting reworked soon. If it gets a 50% damage buff or so this build would be in line with before the patch again.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jun 15, 2019, 4:12:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info